Late Night Snacks

big aft

We like a late night snack, not just sweets,and have used the 24 Hour Lido dining on Princess.

How late is HAL's Lido open and what is available say between 10PM-1AM?

Thanks for the help!

Larry

Has HAL stopped the late night buffets held in Lido? We never go but as recently as December, they still had the varied theme buffet every night at about 11:15 or so. Italian one night, Tex Mex etc.... I think they still have them.

Room service on HAL is terrific and is 24 hours.

Think the Lido is done by 9:00 PM. Think you are out of luck.

No, the "Midnight Buffet" ends at midnight. :rolleyes:

It's a more simple meal than the passenger dinner, but is the dinner meal for the late-night entertainers (lounge musicians, etc.). That's why you'll see the lounge musicians take their last break, or finish for the night, before midnight.

There were late night buffets on our cruise on the Westerdam in March. One was a dessert extravaganza, the others were themed like Tex-Mex, Asian, Italian...and I can't remember the others. I remember that the dessert one was open a half hour early for photographs!:D

They hold a themed buffet in the Lido at usually 10:30 pm on the S & R class ships. It will usually contain two appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts. They will vary from French, Italian, Indonesian, Dutch, etc. The food is usually quite good. One night will be the chocolate extravaganza, they only serve chocolate items on that particular night.

One night will be the chocolate extravaganza, they only serve chocolate items on that particular night.

I've been on 2 HAL ships and during those midnight feasts it was never only chocolate; it was a dessert extravaganza.

Think the Lido is done by 9:00 PM. Think you are out of luck.

No, I seem to recall the Lido having a late night buffet every night ... different theme nightly (Italian, Deli, etc.) that starts at about 11:00 p.m. But after midnight, I think it would be about done. Not too many people up there, as I seem to recall. I used to head up to the Lido, not to eat but rather for a cup of hot chocolate or java (and a smoke) before turning in for the night. I never saw very many people taking advantage of the late night buffets ... so maybe they no longer have them. I remember them from my January 2006 Hawaii/South Pacific cruise.

But as someone else pointed out, you do have a 24-hour room service menu that you can fill your belly from at any time.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We enjoyed some real good late night snacks on Oosterdam last year and Westerdam last summer...

sometimes they kept the burgers coming as they closed up the rest of the buffet.

ENJOY!

P.S. ON WESTERDAM LAST SUMMER, THEY HAD REALLY GOOD EGG SALAD SANWICHES AT THE LATE BUFFET...I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY WERE GOOD, BUT THEY REALLY HIT THE SPOT!

On my first cruise the midnight buffet was fantastic! That was in the late 80's or very early 90's. I actually ate that night and yes, I did have a wonderful dinner earlier in the evening! We had a full meal. I didn't eat all of the food that I brought back to the table. My eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Now I don't want anything to eat late at night after eating a big dinner. Most of the time I don't go around the buffets except to see the dessert extravaganza. This July I think that I will at least go see what I am missing or maybe not! I probably need to know what they serve at the late night buffets just in case I don't get enough to eat one night!!!:D

The midnight buffet is nice, there aren't many people still up due to the general age of the passengers but you really get to know the guys working there if you frequent.

Just wondering, do they serve Blue Curacao at all of the midnight ice cream bars, or was that something unique to my cruise?:confused:

No one mentioned the pizza that is available at the Lido from lunch until late in the evening. I know it's still there at midnight, but assume it closes when the buffet is done. Nothing like a slice or two when you're on the run or just don't want a big meal. And, of course, I partook of the ice cream and fresh made cookies each night!

This is an interesting thread.

We were shocked on our recent Oosterdam coastal to find the Lido shut tight after 9pm. Pizza was available (two choices), but there was no traditional 'late night snack' that has taken place in the past (even on other coastals we've done). Occasionally, cookies were present, but not always. Is this something they're phasing out? It seems there's been a lot of changes on HAL since we last sailed them in 2006...

Archived