Guess the Value of a Picasso Work of Art

Howdy, neighbor! :)

But whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?! :confused:

Disclaimer: I never go to the art auctions so if this has something to do with that it would explain why I don't have a clue. :p ;)

Anyone had any luck with this???

Guess the Value of a Picasso Work of Art

His self portrait sold for:

Price tag: $43,500,000

Did I win? ;)

Now if you are talking about the art auctions, I doubt if anyone ever wins it. ;)

I guessed and won! My guess must have been close as I was questioned how I arrived at my guess.:( Was not happy.

What did you get if you won. Yet, you were not happy? :confused:

That is terrible!

Was not happy as they questioned me about how I arrived at my guess. Not about what I recieved.

Did they give you anything for guessing it? :confused: I don't want to know what. Just a yes or no as to whether they at least gave you a gift.

And no, they should not have questioned you. I would have said "A lucky Guess." What could they say to that? :D

Was not happy as they questioned me about how I arrived at my guess. Not about what I recieved.

I don't see anything wrong with being asked that. Seems to me that asking how the winner arrived at their answer would be a natural question. You know, sort of "Congratulations! How did you come up with the answer?"I'm sure there would be interest in that from those who guessed wrong. Unless, of course, they browbeat you.

I don't see anything wrong with being asked that. Seems to me that asking how the winner arrived at their answer would be a natural question. You know, sort of "Congratulations! How did you come up with the answer?"I'm sure there would be interest in that from those who guessed wrong. Unless, of course, they browbeat you.

Actually somewhere in between that casual asking and the browbeating. I guess I forgot to say repeatedly asked, kept coming back to the question. Just was not happy with it.

Yes, they gave me something for it. The same print that you would recieve if you signed up for their credit card.

Actually somewhere in between that casual asking and the browbeating. I guess I forgot to say repeatedly asked, kept coming back to the question. Just was not happy with it.

Yes, they gave me something for it. The same print that you would recieve if you signed up for their credit card.

I don't blame you. Not really their business to continue that after you told them the first time. ;)

Ok, I'd consider that a bit of browbeating. Or obnoxious, and have to say, I'd feel the same way. Thanks for the explanation.

We went to one of the shows in the Theater and the Park West made a brief presentation before the show... had a piece of "art" that was framed and said it was a $600. value.... and asked anyone in the audience who would pay $1.00 for it to stand... well the price kept going up and people sat down.... my dh was the "last one standing".. .so they said he "won" and it would be for free. The presenter came back to our seat later and told us to come to their auction to pick up our prize. We went. Then was told we had to make an appointment to meet with them at their desk. We asked... why can't you just hand it to us. Eventually we were told.. you can't "carry it off" you have to give us the information to ship it???? Long story... shortened..... we never received the "free work of art".... the shipping costs were more than we wanted to pay for the "art"!!!!!

On one of our 3 day cruises they held the scrapbooking workshop at the bar end in Boleros, at the same time a "lecture" from the art folks was going on. Their comments about each piece they were showing were oftentimes better than the comedian from last night (not that they were purposely funny, mind you). Their sales presentation was as about as exciting and as intellectual as selling face cream on QVC or HSN. (No flaming here, I do buy from both but just get a kick out of how each host can make this one product something you just can't live without!)

.. .so they said he "won" and it would be for free. The presenter came back to our seat later and told us to come to their auction to pick up our prize. We went. Then was told we had to make an appointment to meet with them at their desk. We asked... why can't you just hand it to us. Eventually we were told.. you can't "carry it off" you have to give us the information to ship it???? Long story... shortened..... we never received the "free work of art".... the shipping costs were more than we wanted to pay for the "art"!!!!!

Same thing happened to me. I'd never buy anything from them, they're sneaky.

Yes my DH guessed and won on our cruise last October. he won 3500.00 worth of art. I am not sure now what his guess was but he was so suprised and very happy.

I will have to ask him when he gets home what his guess was. I am thinking about 95000.00 but not sure.

So will update when I talk to him:)

• 5 years later...
Yes my DH guessed and won on our cruise last October. he won 3500.00 worth of art. I am not sure now what his guess was but he was so suprised and very happy.

I will have to ask him when he gets home what his guess was. I am thinking about 95000.00 but not sure.

So will update when I talk to him:)

Anyone do this lately and win? If so, what price did you say and what did you win? Just curious. I always wonder if these things are a scam to get you to buy more or pay outrageous shipping costs.

• 8 months later...

We have bought a couple of pieces on board. I actually did win a $500 "poster" on a raffle ticket. It remains in the original shipping tube and I had to pay for that!

Honestly, I think they are a rip off. The prices they quote are way out of line and they are constantly pushing the same old things. If I have to hear about how "valuable" and Peter Max work is, it will be to soon. And you have to remember also that the value of a work of art is really only how much would someone pay YOU for it!

Also, I suspect there are "plants" in the audience who up the anti when the bidding starts...:eek:

We guessed the correct price and won the free print. It's actually a serio lithograph that can be bought on e bay for under $25. Cost us $55 to have it shipped. It arrived 3 weeks later. As someone said you get your choice of about 8 different prints that you can also receive if you sign up for their credit card.