A Few Words About Kids & Teens on Liberty Of the Seas

Just returned from Liberty 5/24 sailing, and I wanted to mention how PERFECTLY BEHAVED all the kids & teens were on this cruise. I've seen examples on previous cruises of teens especially abusing things and making a mess. On this cruise I saw nothing but perfect behavior. Kids often get a bad rap on these boards, and its possible I missed something - I just felt you should know that not all kids deserve a bad rap. The ones on our cruise should be commended for their outstanding behavior

Totally agree with you. My DH and I were on Liberty 4/5 and we said the same thing. All the kids/teens we met were polite and would say "hi", etc. Some up/down the elevators, but no biggie. We just thought all the kids were really nice, never had any issues at all.

We've never had any issues with kids on any cruise--I'm sure there are some "melt-downs"--after all, kids will be kids, but we never heard or saw them! I think RCI does a great job of keeping the kids occupied and happy!

ALMOST... all kids were well behaved...right Kicker...

There was this 18 year old boy that would not stop "stalking" one of the teenagers in my party:D You must have been excluding him in your review of the teen situation:p

And of course there was that loud two year old sitting at my table... I wish those parents would have taught her some talbe manners;)

I too, have been lucky on my cruises to never have noticed bad behavior by children. But you know what? I've also never observed obnoxious behavior by any adults! Seriously, some of the stories I've read here are incredible, but I've never seen any of that. Of course, I've only cruised 6 times, so I guess my odds aren't as great as others that I'd see that sort of thing.

Just returned from Liberty 5/24 sailing, and I wanted to mention how PERFECTLY BEHAVED all the kids & teens were on this cruise. I've seen examples on previous cruises of teens especially abusing things and making a mess. On this cruise I saw nothing but perfect behavior. Kids often get a bad rap on these boards, and its possible I missed something - I just felt you should know that not all kids deserve a bad rap. The ones on our cruise should be commended for their outstanding behavior

We too were on that cruise and completely agree.

As a parent of 2 teenagers, it sure is refreshing to see this thread!!

We have come across unruly children on ONLY one cruise that put a big damper on things. But we are chalking it up to a long-holiday cruise experience. Glad to hear things went well for you. We can't wait to get back on Liberty someday!! She is a beauty! :D

We were on that cruise and I agree, we only had one up/down elevator- other than that I would not have known there were kids on the cruise.

I take that back, there were kids on the flow rider who were cheering us older riders on in a very positive way. Overall I thought all the passengers were well behaved and polite.

We were on that cruise and I agree, we only had one up/down elevator- other than that I would not have known there were kids on the cruise.

I take that back, there were kids on the flow rider who were cheering us older riders on in a very positive way. Overall I thought all the passengers were well behaved and polite.

Thank you, thank you ;) . We were on the 5/24 Liberty cruise with six kids (ages 4 - 9) and I was quite proud of them. We met so many great families and kids, they would all be thrilled to know they were given a compliment! Our kids (and their cousins) made a lot of friends during the week - we also have nothing but good things to say :) .

Great to hear:)

As a teen myself, and having sailed on LOTS, I can tell you that Royal Caribbean does a great job with security on that ship... they are strict, but it pays off... a la this thread.

I can tell you though that there is mischief that goes on at night... but nothing that gets in the way of parents :rolleyes:

As a cruising parent with 3 teens, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

I love to hear things like this, because, and I fully mean this, we have encountered more problems with adults than teens, speaking from experience.

Thanks so much!!;)

I have to say on our 5/11 Mariner cruise all the teens and kids we saw were wonderfully behaved!! We were very impressed with them!!

I have to say we have been on other cruises (different cruise line) and the kids, more so the young teens were absolutely horrible, running around the ship yelling and pushing people out of their way, pushing their way in elevators and pushing all the buttons, just really obnoxious so we were so very pleased with the Mariner!

On all our cruises we never saw any behavior by kids that would want us to take action. Most were extremely well behaved and the few were committing such minor infractions you would hardly notice. I really feel it is some of the adults that are usually the bigger problem.

We were also on that cruise and as parents of 3 young kids who were sailing without our kids, we noticed kids EVERYWHERE (partly due to missing our own and partly cause we were checking out kid friendly features to compare to our past Disney cruises).

The only time I noticed "misbehavior" was some teens getting tossed from the Catacombs on I think, Wed night. But aside from being underage they weren't actually causing trouble or drinking. A few other times we saw some misbehaving parents (including one bringing her toddler to the Catacombs around 1am or one letting her 2 kids jump all over the solarium whirlpools), but by and large we saw nothing but great parents and adorable kids.

The only time I noticed "misbehavior" was some teens getting tossed from the Catacombs on I think, Wed night. But aside from being underage they weren't actually causing trouble or drinking. A few other times we saw some misbehaving parents (including one bringing her toddler to the Catacombs around 1am or one letting her 2 kids jump all over the solarium whirlpools), but by and large we saw nothing but great parents and adorable kids.

Oh that reminds me of the parents who brought their kids with them to Quest. One looked 7ish and the other 11ish. I couldn't believe that. :eek:

Archived