I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

We will be arriving on the Jewel of the Seas, July 06, and have a couple of questions concerning the Hop on Hop off bus (Mermaid Route).

1. Can we catch the bus right at the cruise dock??

2. Are additional busses added on days when Cruise ships are in dock?

3. Do they take credit cards, or only local currency?

4. What is the cost of the bus tour?

5. Is it possible to have a ticket and no seats, or even be left waiting for a bus at very busy times (shortly after arrival and shortly before departure), if the busses become too full??

Thank you

@ lordmarina

There is something called Fridayrock, the entrance after 20:00 is 120 dkk instead of 85 dkk.

But you will get in for free with the Tivoli card or the CPH card, and the line to get in is much shorter than in the normal ticket line.

The dates are here

17. april: Carpark North

24. april: Spleen United

1. maj: Jens Unmack + Kira Skov

8. maj: Camille Jones + The Blue Van

15. maj: The Storm

22. maj: Aura + Poul Krebs

29. maj: Tina Dickow

05. juni: Bo Kaspers Orkester

12. juni: James Morrison

19. juni: Thomas Helmig

26. juni: VETO

17. juli: Peter Sommer

24. juli: Kaiser Chiefs

31. juli: Jokeren

7. august: Aqua

14. august: N*E*R*D

21. august: Sys Bjerre

28. august: Nik & Jay

4. september: L.O.C.

11. september: Tim Christensen

18. september: Infernal

Btw. what company are you planning on doing the tour with

@ fun_seeker

Thank you very much :)

@ foxyh

I would take Bus number 26 to Østerport train station and then take the airport train from there, this year the bus don´t go out to the freeport in the weekends but they are working for a plan for next years bus schedule.

But else you could take a taxi to Østerport and train to the airport from there or you could take a taxi all the way but the taxi will cost around 250-300 dkk if you take it all the way.

@ JIMDSB2

Q. Can we catch the bus right at the cruise dock??

A. Yes from Langelinie pier you can

Q. Are additional busses added on days when Cruise ships are in dock?

A. I thinks so because i see them alot when there are cruiseships in port.

Q. Do they take credit cards, or only local currency?

A. Check their website http://www.sightseeing.dk/

Q. What is the cost of the bus tour?

A. look at the link above.

Q. Is it possible to have a ticket and no seats, or even be left waiting for

a bus at very busy times (shortly after arrival and shortly before departure), if the busses become too full??

A. i have never seen a full bus but to give you an answer yet i must tell you to look at the link again.

Hi,

We are returning to Copenhagen on Azamara Journey--arriving at 0700 on a Wednesday morning. We plan to take a taxi to the airport. Is it feasible to book a 1020 flight back to the USA?? How early do we need to be at the airport--2 hours??

Thanks for your info! :D

Hi Cruisin Europe; we are planning a Northern Cruise with the next year; we have a choice of 1st of June - Middle of June or end of June 26th and would like to know which time of year you would recommend. As much as we like children, I wouldn't want hundreds on the ship (did that previously in the summer and there were 800 on board and couldn't move for them).

Thanks for any input,

Som

@Danish VikingThank you for all your help. We are coming to Copenhagen on Aug 7: my husband , my daughter (10 years old) and myself. We are staying at the airport Hilton for 4 days before going on 5 days cruise to Norway. So we can go to Tivoli on Aug 7th. The theme for that day is Aqua. Sounds good. :) I don't know if it makes since for us to buy the city card since we want to go on a bus City Tour one day and a bus Castle tour another day. The tours are not included in the card. Maybe we will buy the card for 24 hours on the day when we decide to go to Tivoli.

What do you think? Do I need to book my bus tours in advance?

Thank you again.

Hi,

We are returning to Copenhagen on Azamara Journey--arriving at 0700 on a Wednesday morning. We plan to take a taxi to the airport. Is it feasible to book a 1020 flight back to the USA?? How early do we need to be at the airport--2 hours??

Thanks for your info! :D

I'm sure others will chime in, but 10:20 is way too early. You probably won't get off the ship until 7:30 or later, you'll be up against rush hour traffic and you are usually urged to be at the airport at least 2 hours ahead of time for international flights. I wouldn't book anything before noon at the earliest. We faced the same issue and decided to spend an additional night in Copenhagen and catch an early flight out the next morning (9:15).

Hi

We are staying in a hotel on Istedgade. We will need to get to Freeport to embark on the Rotterdam.

Anybody tell us how to get to Freeport from there please? Is there another way of doing it using a combination of public transport and taxi?

Also if it is not available, can anyone give an idea of how much a taxi would cost for the whole journey?

Thank you

@ 35209

A taxi or bus number 26 (the sign on the bus must say Langelinie (the cruiseships) and not Færgehavn Nord.

You can also get a train to Østerport and walk from there or cath bus number 26 again :).

@ cluso

I am not good at those airport questions so i would let another one answer

@ Sominex

I am not Cruisin Europe but i will answer anyway, the weather the last couple of years seems to be better in May/june so i would choose a cruise in start of june.

And you will be one month away from the school holidays so not to many childrens will be around in that period.

@ lordmarina

You will probably know Aqua for the song Barbie Girl but they have more to offer than that song.

If i was you i will only buy the CPH card if i was visiting something else than Tivoli because you can get in for 85 kroner at tivoli (120 after 20:00 on a friday)

@ rhinog

If you want to walk a little bit you can take the S-train from the central station to Nordhavn station and walk to the pier from there.

If you ship is in copenhagen on a normal day (not saturday, sunday and public holidays) you can also cath the bus number 26 (but the sign on the bus must say Færgehavn Nord and not Langelinie (the cruiseships))

The price of the taxi would be around 200 dkk.

If you ship is in copenhagen on a normal day (not saturday, sunday and public holidays) you can also cath the bus number 26 (but the sign on the bus must say Færgehavn Nord and not Langelinie (the cruiseships)).

Do you know if bus 26 will be available on Friday, 5th of June? It's Constitution day.

My husband and I would like to hit the must see attractions in Copenhagen. My 6 yrs. old is very big on trains and my 4 yrs. is into princesses. If I remember it right you mentioned in your previous threads that we have the same age of kids. This is my kids 3rd cruise internationally so they are normally pretty good.

Maybe I can ask you where you would normally bring your kid? Are kids free in most of the attractions? What type of card can we buy so if the kids gets bored in one attraction, we can go back the next day without paying again? Is three days more than enough to see Copenhagen? What restaurant would you recommend for kids?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Grace

This entire thread is full of suggestions for you.

I can't really recommend anything unless you give me a bit more information about what YOU like to do. Are you museum ppl, art lovers, sports enthusiasts, etc. ???

If you do a bit of research first, and then come back with some more specific questions, I'd be more than happy to help you plan out your time here with regards to logistics, etc.

:D

@ salseros2003

I think that your initiary looks fine but i would skip Christiansborg Castle and City Hall

First i would walk from Langelinie pier to the little mermaid and then Nyhavn and take the canal tour.

Then the time would be close to 12 so you could go to Amalienborg Castle and see the changing of the guard at noon.

Then you can take a stroll along the strøget shopping street and see the Round Tower.

From there you just walk back to strøget and walks towards the Town hall square, on the other side you will see Tivoli.

From there you can take a taxi or bus number 26 back to Langelinie pier.

/

Thanks so much.

Do you mean we'll time to visit Tivoli?

And do we need a Cop.Card? Is it useful? I can see you suggest just one bus.

Thanks

Some further informations...:p

- in case we decide walking instead of taking bus n°26 back to Langelinie pier, how long does it takes?

- where can you buy bus ticket? so far we think to try to skip change money and try using credit card but not sure for bus (while I suppose possible for taxi, do you know the potential fare?)

- we were thinking about visit Christiana...how does it fits in the suggested itinery?

Does anyone know of motorcoach sightseeing highlights tours available in Copenhagen during evening hours (similar to Grayline, etc.)? "Copenhagen by Night", etc.?

There are evening canal cruises from Nyhavn.

hi,

we'll be in copenhagen from 21st till 25th. so we have 2 half days and 3 full days. i was thinking of purchasing the CPH card for 3 days. need to find out if we can use it on consecutive days to enter tivoli. so that we spend 2 evenings there? another thing- does this card cover our travel to hamlet's castle and fedricksborg castle?

what is the best way to see the crown jewels?

and we both are vegetarians - no meat no egs and no seafood. so, can u plz recommend some eating places for us?

thx

if i buy my card at the airport, then can i use it to travel to the central station? we have booked Copenhagen Plaza Hotel which i believe is opposite the central station. are there multiple exits of the station? which one should we take for our hotel?

Any tips on centrally located, reasonably priced hotels or B&B that accommodate 3 people in a room? I'll be in CPH July 3-5 before our cruise and can't seem to find anyplace that has rooms for 3 (me and my 2 sisters). Did book one place but the confirmation states cot in room if available.

hi,

we'll be in copenhagen from 21st till 25th. so we have 2 half days and 3 full days. i was thinking of purchasing the CPH card for 3 days. need to find out if we can use it on consecutive days to enter tivoli. so that we spend 2 evenings there? another thing- does this card cover our travel to hamlet's castle and fedricksborg castle?

what is the best way to see the crown jewels?

and we both are vegetarians - no meat no egs and no seafood. so, can u plz recommend some eating places for us?

thx

My son is a vegetarian, and he didn't have a problem finding food. I don't remember any specific restaurant names because we only at lunch out. Food in restaurants is very expensive, but we were staying on the exec floor at the Hilton which included breakfast and a very extensive appetizer buffet in the evening--a great deal. He does eat eggs and dairy.

On the main pedestrian street, there are a lot of shops selling take away sandwiches. He got one that was huge--packed with all kinds of veges. I got a bite and it was delicious. I would look for one of those places.

The other day we were there, we ate a cafe--he had a huge salad and we shared a cheese plate.

Gosh what great information. We will be visiting Copenhagen next May - May 12-14 or 15 to be exact - at the end of a transatlantic cruise. There will be three couples and we would like to stay an extra two to three days after the cruise to enjoy this city. Although it is a year away, I have been getting prices on hotels but they are all frightfully expensive - almost as much as my cruise fare for 18 days. The Marriott is $451 a night, for example. We are looking for something that is maybe a 15 minute walk from downtown - that is in a quiet, safe neighborhood - is clean - has ensuite bathrooms - rooms that aren't the size of a shoebox but don't have to be large suites either - perhaps breakfast included but not necessary - at least a double, if not queen bed. Any suggestions??? I have been looking at hotels until I am blue in the face and everything is in the $400-$600 per night range, and I will not pay that much for a hotel room - sorry. We would really like something $250-$300. Is that a possibility and will it still be fairly convenient to downtown? Thanks, Barb

Gosh what great information. We will be visiting Copenhagen next May - May 12-14 or 15 to be exact - at the end of a transatlantic cruise. There will be three couples and we would like to stay an extra two to three days after the cruise to enjoy this city. Although it is a year away, I have been getting prices on hotels but they are all frightfully expensive - almost as much as my cruise fare for 18 days. The Marriott is $451 a night, for example. We are looking for something that is maybe a 15 minute walk from downtown - that is in a quiet, safe neighborhood - is clean - has ensuite bathrooms - rooms that aren't the size of a shoebox but don't have to be large suites either - perhaps breakfast included but not necessary - at least a double, if not queen bed. Any suggestions??? I have been looking at hotels until I am blue in the face and everything is in the $400-$600 per night range, and I will not pay that much for a hotel room - sorry. We would really like something $250-$300. Is that a possibility and will it still be fairly convenient to downtown? Thanks, Barb

My suggestion would be to try Priceline for the Marriott. You will see by searching various threads on cruise critic that those of us who have bid on Priceline have received the Marriott for anywhere from $90 -$120 plus tax per night. It is apparently the only 4 star in Copenhagen that is on Priceline. I was thrilled to get our two nights post cruise for $112 plus tax per night.

Hello cruisequeengodess, Several people on this forum have been bargaining thru Hotwire , and the have been getting the Marriot for $149.00 U.S> per night . My daughter is accompaning us so we paid a higher rate for a larger waterview room at the Marriot. Those prices should go down as your trip gets closer , but just dont wait too long.

Archived