Tipping Concierge Club Bartender

Is it customary to tip the Concierge Club Bartender? Is it better to tip nightly, or at the end of the cruise?

I know all other bartenders get their tips automatically with a charge. But since the drinks are free in the Concierge Club, then they deserve their fair share.

Is it customary to tip the Concierge Club Bartender? Is it better to tip nightly, or at the end of the cruise?

I know all other bartenders get their tips automatically with a charge. But since the drinks are free in the Concierge Club, then they deserve their fair share.

Yes, I tip at the end of the week. It's totally a personal choice.

Thanks! We only went to the Concierge lounge the last 2 nights, and didn't think of it. We feel really bad. Is there a way to get a tip to a particular person....after the fact?

I don't believe there is any way to tip after you are off the ship, but if you feel you got truly excellent service from this individual, write a letter to Miami and mention this person by name. Those letters are often worth more than the tip you would have given. They get extra time off and other privileges when they get special mention in a letter.

We give our tip on the last night also.

We tip the last night as well. And, don't forget to tip the Concierge - their salaries have been cut and they too will depend on your generosity. It never ceases to amaze me the people who make lots of demands and the CL staff bend over backwards for them and then not give them a dime. Shame on them, imho......Smooth sailings

I don't tip the concierge and i don't ask for anything either. I go into the CL to get a cup of coffee and maybe a danish. If I used his services I'd have to re-evaluate.

Wasn't the question about tipping the bartender. To answer the Op's question, yes and on the last night.

We tip the last night as well. And, don't forget to tip the Concierge - their salaries have been cut and they too will depend on your generosity. It never ceases to amaze me the people who make lots of demands and the CL staff bend over backwards for them and then not give them a dime. Shame on them, imho......Smooth sailings

I wouldn't hesitate to tip our concierge, but only if I receive services from him. The Concierge we had on the Radiance was not friendly at all, so we did everything to avoid him. Hopefully, our concierge on the Explorer will be better, as we missed out on the extra service last time. :)

Anyone mind telling me what you get in the Conceirge Club? And what kind of room do you have to stay in or what level of membership you have to be in to be able to go in there. I was on Freedom of the Seas and saw the door for this room. Wasn't sure if I could go in there or not.

I wouldn't hesitate to tip our concierge, but only if I receive services from him. The Concierge we had on the Radiance was not friendly at all, so we did everything to avoid him. Hopefully, our concierge on the Explorer will be better, as we missed out on the extra service last time. :)

Your concierge on the Explorer is wonderful:)

Anyone mind telling me what you get in the Conceirge Club? And what kind of room do you have to stay in or what level of membership you have to be in to be able to go in there. I was on Freedom of the Seas and saw the door for this room. Wasn't sure if I could go in there or not.

Here you go:

Diamond-level and above Crown & Anchor Society members and guests reserved in the Grand Suites or above can now take advantage of the Concierge Club. Available on the Enchantment of the Seas® and all Voyager and Radiance-class ships, Concierge Club guests will receive this complimentary service that provides assistance with any special requests they may have while sailing. As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests including: A dedicated Concierge who is available to assist with anything you require

Twenty-four-hour a day use of the Concierge Club Lounge

Continental breakfast every morning† and open bar & hors d'oeuvres every evening available in the Concierge Club Lounge

Assistance with reservations for Portofino Italian restaurant & Chops Grille Steakhouse

Assistance with Explorations! Bookings

Assistance booking appointments for Salon or Spa treatments

Priority tickets for the ice skating show

Assistance with the arrangement of private parties

Personalized Discover Shopping advice

DVDs and CDs available to borrow during the Concierge's hours

Pre-ordering of your dinner wine

Business services (faxing, copying, etc.)

Please Note: On Freedom-class ships, Diamond-level and above Crown & Anchor Society members have exclusive access to similar amenities in The Diamond Club.

Your concierge on the Explorer is wonderful:)

THANK YOU!:D

That is very encouraging after our last experience. It sure didn't work out as I thought it would last time. I spent 10 months "bragging" that we would have concierge service, and never experienced it. I'm thinking positive for the next trip. :)

What is his/her name?

Did you get contacted by the concierge before the cruise? Via email?

His name is Ricky and he will be leaving Aug 23, and taking a long time off. Maybe not even returning to the Rc Ships. He is married to a Waiter (both from Trinidad) and both have children from prior relationships. They both are leaving the Ship Aug 23, 2008 and will be taking at least 1 yr off. I just returned from the Explorer, she was our waiter and he was the Concierge. The CD Mike also left as of yesterday!

We did not get contacted by email prior to the Cruise and Yes we tip both the bartender and the Concierge, each time we go to the lounge. We do not frequent the lounge, maybe 2-3 times on the entire cruise. We have cruised and not even visited the lounge. It gets very conjested and at times, there is no seating available!

Was the RAdiance concierge Willie?

Archived