Who else is working on the Solstice?

dmk

I've read who the Captain is. Togi will be the bartender at the Martini bar, I hope...great bartender. Do you know anyone else who will be onboard the Solstice. What about the Captain Clubs Hostess?

Togi is fantastic and can't to see him again! Any news of staff going to be Solstice would be great. We have a lot of favorites.

I did ask several staff if they would be going, and interestingly, most said they were not interested in going at first. They all said it was too much work, and without saying so, lead me to believe they miss out on the tips while they are on the ship preparing it to launch. That makes total sense.

Any news on the hotel director? Thanks

We had several conversations with Dominique recently while on a 14 day cruise on Azamara Quest. He is the head of the specialty restaurants, was on the Century recently (Murano).

He told us he would be on the Solstice. Can't remember his last name but a very polished yet friendly individual.

Can't read it--who is the CD? Nick somebody? what is the source of the list?

If you can't read the site, it's a jpg, so click on the display and it should expand a bit and then it's readable.

This is the general site which will display the most updated assignments:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb145/XatSea/Celebrity

Denny

I LOVE Dominque! Our best night in a specialty restaurant (Murano on Century in December 2006) was because of him. He runs a specialty restaurant the way it is meant to be run. Thanks for giving me another reason to be very happy we're on the maiden voyage!

I LOVE Dominque! Our best night in a specialty restaurant (Murano on Century in December 2006) was because of him. He runs a specialty restaurant the way it is meant to be run. Thanks for giving me another reason to be very happy we're on the maiden voyage!

Anne--I was just about to type the same message. I have sailed with Dominque a couple of times and he is absolutely the best. I hate to wish my life away, but I can't wait for December 7th. : )

Thanks for letting us know about Dominque!

Walter

We were lucky enough to meet Dominique on the Journey last summer. He is outstanding and represents the best of Celebrity.

Does anyone know if Perry Grant might move to the Solstice? It seems like he has been on the Constellation a long time... maybe he is ready for a change???

Wow, great idea!!! We loved him on the Constellation and have an Eastern Med. cruise scheduled on the Solstice next year. We would be in heaven if he was there. He should be in the big theater!!

Don't think Perry has an interest in Solstice or a big theater. The intimate Michael's Club where he can interact with the audience is his thing. C 2 C can probably tell us if there is any chance of Perry making the switch but I'm thinking it's not in the cards.

On Connie's TA this past spring, Perry did an "afternoon" concert in the big theater. He said that it had been years since he's played a large room and was very nervous. After the performance, he said that he felt much better and would like to do this again. I understand that he IS playing the large theater at least one night.

We really quizzed our dining room staff our moving to the new ships. The reason they gave for not wanting to move is that the big brass will be around for many weeks watching. They didn't want that and will stay put as long as they can.

Money may play a part in the decision, however.

Bobbie

Re: Dominque, Yes, he is a special person and Celebrity is fortunate to have him. I beleive we only sailed with him once on a 5 day Century cruise after it was refurbished. I think we ate in Murano twice.He must be one of those people with a photgraphic memory as he immediately recognized my wife and I the first day on the Quest. We had many lengthy conversations with him discussing his role and the many specialty restaurants on the Solstice. He will be returning to Paris for a month long holiday in Oct/Nov and then heading to the Solstice for the inaugural voyage. We're certainly looking forward to seeing him again.

Archived