Eurodam Just back! My A-Z with over 200 photos/Videos

dellas1000

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]Thanks for pointing out there is a sauce..... I know I definitely won't be ordering lobster on the ships. I don't eat butter at all and absolutely no butter with my lobster. If the lobster is sweet and tender and good, it doesn't need to be hidden under gobs of sauce or butter IMO [/B]
[B]When I steam them at home, when everyone else has butter, I skip it.[/B][/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I agree!!![/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I just had some steamed lobster last week and it was so yummy..it didn't need any sauce at all...butter or cream or any combination of. Just good by itself. The tails I've seen on board are usually very small and not as tender as I like. JMO.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Agree - I like mine tender. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]And the ones on shipboard -- 2 or 3 bites.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE=4]KK, it is a very thick butter sauce, they have had it recently on our last few cruises and I just tell them I do not want it on there. This last time on the Amsterdam it was served with out and they came out to add it and that worked great so I could tell them NO, but on the Oosterdam it was served with it already on. [/SIZE][/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Even though we didn't order the Surf & Turf on the Westerdam, people around us did. It came without sauce and there was a tiny holder for butter on the plate.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]No sauce so far on the Westerdam.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

WOW!!! Great job!Can you tell me plese ,if there is any splash zone or kids pool on this ship?

No...I really don't think HAL is designed to cater to children.

We love HAL...but if we were taking our children and grandchildren on a cruise, I would probably explore other options. I think there are better options when sailing with little ones.

When I was talking to our oldest granddaughter (8 years old) about our most recent Noordam cruise, she asked me about the water slide! She'd obviously seen Carnival's (or RCI) ads on TV...whichever it is that has the water slide. ;)

On a recent cruise on the Zuiderdam I believe they announced that audio-videos of the production shows were not allowed...Did I hear wrong or has the policy been changed?

Mini clips were allowed and everyone had their mobile phones and cameras on full view. The guy from HAL said as long as we were not filming the whole thing or large chunks then it was ok. I guess 60 seconds is considered a mini clip ;)

We love HAL...but if we were taking our children and grandchildren on a cruise, I would probably explore other options. I think there are better options when sailing with little ones.

When I was talking to our oldest granddaughter (8 years old) about our most recent Noordam cruise, she asked me about the water slide! She'd obviously seen Carnival's (or RCI) ads on TV...whichever it is that has the water slide. ;)

Our baby gonna by only 1 year old:) so slide in not really needed,but splash zone would by nice to have:( We choose Holland because with baby we dont need too much of action around us:p

Our baby gonna by only 1 year old:) so slide in not really needed,but splash zone would by nice to have:( We choose Holland because with baby we dont need too much of action around us:p

I was surprised by the lack of childrens facilities in the Club HAL.

Your pictures are very professional. Did you have special access? What a wonderful thing to post. This will probably save me the trouble of taking so many pictures when I venture on the Eurodam...I will just use your pictures in my album.

Your pictures are very professional. Did you have special access? What a wonderful thing to post. This will probably save me the trouble of taking so many pictures when I venture on the Eurodam...I will just use your pictures in my album.

No I was just one of the first onboard and went around taking everything i thought would be of interest to you guys :)

I just used my Casio Xlim mini pocket camera. I have to say I have had it 4 years and it never fails to impress for its size.

All the pics I took are posted on the link so if no VT cabins are there then sorry I dont have them.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Im glad you all enjoyed seeing them.

Thank you for the photos once again. Thanks even more for telling us which camera you used. I had a Casio Exilim and have moved to a small Sony much like it (thought I lost the Casio and of course, after the purchase it appeared magically). The Sony has one improvement for me and that is that it holds itself steady and you can do little movies. I've had fun with that.

Your photos are the best of any on these boards. Thank you again for sharing and for having a good time on board.

Josephone

• 3 weeks later...

Dellas1000 you have pics of room 6049 I assume that is a handicapped room? The bathroom looks quite small and there only seems to be a shower curtain between toilet and shower area. Looks like the space between the wall and foot of the bed is barely large enough for a wheelchair. I am concerned about this as I am familiar with HC rooms on Celebrity Infinity class but the Eurodam ones seem a lot more cramped. Considering Eurodam for cruise next year and would welcome comments on this from others in the know.

Archived