RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

RevNeal, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, more pictures. I'm suffering withdrawl. I so appreciate the time you've taken to document and post your travels.

:)

I should have several galleries to put up tonight or tomorrow. It all depends upon how busy I am this evening. I'm sorry this has taken me so long to get stuff processed and up ... being out of the country for a full month has put me so far behind that it's been a marathon to get caught back up; it almost makes one wonder if going away for vacation is worth the agony of coming home and going back to work. Almost.

To all those who have already cruised on the Eurodam, was the "silent" disembarkation procedure in effect and, in so, how well/poorly did it work?

When I disembarked on July 25 the traditional color coding system with announcements to disembark being made ever dozen or so minutes was still being used. It's what they used on July 15 and July 5, too. Perhaps they'll transition the Eurodam to the new system when they get to the States?

To all those who have already cruised on the Eurodam, was the "silent" disembarkation procedure in effect and, in so, how well/poorly did it work?
Unfortunately, NO silent disembarkation. We had to put up with Shane (CD) and his inane jokes. After being on for 23-days we'd had 2 previous disembarkations we had to listen to - with the same stupid "jokes".

When I disembarked on July 25 the traditional color coding system with announcements to disembark being made ever dozen or so minutes was still being used. It's what they used on July 15 and July 5, too. Perhaps they'll transition the Eurodam to the new system when they get to the States?

Not meaning to hijack your thread...but what is the new system for disembarkation?

Thanks!!

The new system is called silent disembarkation. It's just that. You are given a card the last night of the cruise that lists your time window for disembarking the ship, based on the information you supply on the disembarkation form. No announcements are made. At your appointed time, you leave the ship.

:)

... being out of the country for a full month has put me so far behind that it's been a marathon to get caught back up; it almost makes one wonder if going away for vacation is worth the agony of coming home and going back to work. Almost.

And that's the truth. The only solution I found was to retire from work this past January.

Thanks for all you've done.

RevNeal,

Thanks for the great Pix of the Ship. I will say it is very colorful to say the least!!! I was on the ZD and I thought that was a little over the top too.

It was a great read and thanks again for posting all those pictures.

Tom

Greg,

So glad to see all your pics! You were able to get off the ship in so many of the ports that I never was. At least now I know what I missed;) I, too, am trying to still get all my pics up...on the 2nd Copenhagen now...next will be Tallinn and St Petersburg. So I know the feeling about not having time...and I'm not even working!:p Luckily this is a patient group and they will wait.:D

And that's the truth. The only solution I found was to retire from work this past January.

Thanks for all you've done.

You're welcome ... and thank you! :) As for me, I won't be retiring for another 30 or so years, so that won't be my solution. Besides, I love what I do and don't really want to do anything else ... and I certainly don't want to retire! So, I'll just have to find ways to wade through the paperwork -- the quarterly reports and other administrative "stuff" -- that piles up on my desk while I'm away on vacation.

In truth, having the administrative "stuff" pile up on my desk while I'm gone is worth it to be able to get away and decompress for a few weeks after many months of being on-call 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. Getting away to recharge my spiritual and emotional batteries is an essential part of caring for myself, but after being gone for a while I have to be ready to "hit the ground running," as it were, with not only the normal pastoral care, teaching and preaching duties, but also the pile-up of administrative tasks that only I, as Senior Pastor, can process. It usually means that I do all the normal pastoral care duties during the day, and then stay at the office late into the night in order to finish up the administrative duties. In-between all of this, I somehow found time to read and post on CC and do some batch-processing of photos for upload to my galleries. :)

The good news is that I'm finally all caught-up on the administrative nit-picky details and I can see the top of my desk again! :D

Greg,

So glad to see all your pics! You were able to get off the ship in so many of the ports that I never was. At least now I know what I missed;) I, too, am trying to still get all my pics up...on the 2nd Copenhagen now...next will be Tallinn and St Petersburg. So I know the feeling about not having time...and I'm not even working!:p Luckily this is a patient group and they will wait.:D

:D ... well, now, as RuthC is fond of reminding me: she "doesn't do patience." :D ;)

Some day you'll have to take another cruise in the area -- as a PASSENGER -- and see them, again (or for the first time), yourself.

After our first sea-day we docked at Ålesund, Norway. This is truly a lovely town, with beautiful vistas. I took one of HAL's standard "Best of" tours, which included a bus trip to the historic 12th Century Giske Kyrkje ("Church"), the Alnes Fyr Lighthouse, and the scenic panorama stop overlooking Ålesund and thte Eurodam.

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum286.html

Greg,

Which ports could you get off on and which could you not? what did they tell you/promise when you took the job? Just curious.

I've completed the photos of the approach to and tours of Flåm, Norway. You can find them here:

Approach to Flåm: http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum287.html

Tour of Flåm, part 1: http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum288.html

Tour of Flåm, part 2: http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum289.html

Next I turn to working on my photos from Stavanger. I hope to have those up tomorrow.

I've completed the photos of the approach to and tours of Flåm, Norway. You can find them here:

Approach to Flåm: http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum287.html

Tour of Flåm, part 1: http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum288.html

Tour of Flåm, part 2: http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum289.html

Next I turn to working on my photos from Stavanger. I hope to have those up tomorrow.

Spectacular photos!

Archived