RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

Unless I'm reading this wrong, this does not say "No Children" or "Adults Only" it just says that IF your children will be swimming here, they need to be supervised. I thought it was adult only?

Nope, your eye sight is excellent!;) Children (no diapered babies) are allowed in the aft/Seaview pool with kiddies under 14 required to have adult supervision. Now, that bad boy, on some cruises, is made an "Adults Only" pool by staff but, when that happens, it will be posted in the daily program to combat the "But officer, I didn't know;) " syndrome.

HALPoolrules.jpg?t=1217550001

I have finished the first gallery of my photo collection. Up first are photographs of the exterior of the Eurodam! This is the first step in my extensive photo tour of the ship.

Click HERE:

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum273.html

Watch for more postings over the next several days. I'm going to put these up as I get them ready, and let all of you know so you don't have to wait for it all at once.

Rev. Greg: You photos are really spectacular. Thanks for sharing them with us.

OK....Malaga, Spain to Southampton, UK pictures are posted!:D Had a massage yesterday and ALL the stress of working on the ship seems to be GONE!:p At the end of the massage I turned to him and said "What ship?" So recovery has begun and I will be OK....although I've still lost a few more pounds since being home. But the GOOD side of that is all the "skinny clothes" I had in the front room for a couple of years in hopes of wearing them again I now fit into! WOO HOO! But not a diet plan I'd recommend.:rolleyes: Lots more pics to come so stay tuned! I have the summer off so loads of time to relax and edit the pics.

Nathan

Nathan I really enjoyed your pictures, are you going to kick back in Henderson for awhile and relax? Our best friends happen to be there and it's a great place.

Rev Neal as usual your pictures are wonderful looking forward to the next installment.

Dianne

Greg, as usual your photos are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your time, experience and images with all of us. I am so grateful for your pictures of the Promenade Deck at night - we love walking on the Promenade after dinner, entertainment, and just prior to retiring for the night. Sigh. We have more than a year to wait for our next late night walk, but your pictures have made the wait much more bearable. I'm looking forward to your next photo installment.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Wonderful photos, Greg! You have quite an eye for photography. :D

Yes Ma'am! The Rev certainly does have that! No doubt about it! He was nice enough to show me all three of his great cameras while waiting for a shorex on Eurodam:)

Ok ... the next gallery is up. Eurodam Tour - 2, covering the Explorers Lounge and the Pinnacle Bar.

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum274.html

I'll be putting up the rest of my Eurodam Tour photos over the next hour or so ... then I'll be able to turn my attention to the ports of call.

Yes Ma'am! The Rev certainly does have that! No doubt about it! He was nice enough to show me all three of his great cameras while waiting for a shorex on Eurodam:)

Thank you, John. You're very kind, indeed.

Ok ... the next gallery is up. Eurodam Tour - 2, covering the Explorers Lounge and the Pinnacle Bar.

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/PhotoAlbum274.html

I'll be putting up the rest of my Eurodam Tour photos over the next hour or so ... then I'll be able to turn my attention to the ports of call.

Again...great photos, Greg! What a contrast in comfort between the Explorer's Bar and the Pinnacle Bar! :eek:

Thanks...can't wait to see the rest! :D

Hi Greg,

great photographs and thank you for posting......what camera do you use.....cheers,

Cristiano.

You're welcome.

I use three difference cameras.

Olympus 7070 UZ.

--Excellent for shots needing light filters an, especially, for scenic cruising

Olympus SP-570 UZ

-- Excellent for shots of the interior of the ship and for most photos on shore excursions

Olympus FE- 340

-- Excellent for shots at dinner and casual photos taken around ship, etc. :) It's also a good back up camera on shore excursions.

Great pictures, Greg - thanks for sharing them. Can't wait to see more.

The Exploration's Cafe does look rather cramped - it's too bad there wasn't more space. It would be really inviting if it was more similar in design to the ones on the S and R-class ships...

I have to agree the Explorations Cafe is extremely cramped. I wish they would have kept it theway it is on the Noordam. Personally I think they got the Noordam right so why fool with perfection:D

I will say I really like what they did with the Explorer's Lounge. But the Pinnacle Bar just does not fit what I think should be attached to a fine dining restaurant :eek:

Greg, thanks again for your great photos :)

Greg, your pictures are great. Those chairs really do look like an erector set. Somehow, I just don't have a good feeling about the design of this ship. I hope I'll change my min when I get a feel for her in person.

And Lisa, you are so right. The Noordam was and is perfect.

Here's an interesting question ... why does the Eurodam's current deckplans, found on the HAL website, say they're effective until October 10, 2009???? Are they planning major changes in October 2009?

Also ... I just checked the deckplans and, clearly, they didn't configure the Explorations Cafe as the deckplans indicate. On the deckplans the space is MUCH larger.

Archived