RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

Nice photos, Greg. I particularily like that I can see my aft cabin.:D Your shots around the pool and on the aft pool don't look as though the area is too crowded. Love her bell. Can't wait to see that up close and personal.

Nice photos, Greg. I particularily like that I can see my aft cabin.:D Your shots around the pool and on the aft pool don't look as though the area is too crowded. Love her bell. Can't wait to see that up close and personal.

Thanks.

The aft deck is nice and large. However, remember ... those photos were taken on port days. It was worse on sea days.

Thank you RevNeal, for your terrific pics. I wish I could express to you how much I appreciate all of your time and money that you spend doing the live posts, and the after the cruise reports and pics. You made this July a special time on CC that many of us will not forget.

Oh, yes. I'm glad to see there is open space on top. I love to stand in this location on a ship with the wind in my face and watch the world go by as a sail the open seas.

OK....Malaga, Spain to Southampton, UK pictures are posted!:D Had a massage yesterday and ALL the stress of working on the ship seems to be GONE!:p At the end of the massage I turned to him and said "What ship?" So recovery has begun and I will be OK....although I've still lost a few more pounds since being home. But the GOOD side of that is all the "skinny clothes" I had in the front room for a couple of years in hopes of wearing them again I now fit into! WOO HOO! But not a diet plan I'd recommend.:rolleyes: Lots more pics to come so stay tuned! I have the summer off so loads of time to relax and edit the pics.

Nathan

Greg,

It was a shame that I did not get a chance to get to know you more - I didn't like the ship therefore, I stayed in the ports as long as possible!

To me, a good name for this ship is:

TO Damn Expensive

Take Care,

Lisa

Maizy123

At the end of the massage I turned to him and said "What ship?" So recovery has begun and I will be OK....

I am so pleased to read that, Nathan. It was a joy meeting and spending time with you. I do hope we're on the same ship at the same time again some day. You're fun! :D

RevNeal

First, thank you so much for the journey on the Eurodam that you have taken me on. I will be going myself in February. My parents, in-laws, three children and friends of ours will be joining us. I chose the Eurodam because I've never sailed on Holland America before and I thought we would all enjoy it. Most of us sailed together on Royal Caribbean earlier this year and had a good time but decided it wasn't for us. My children enjoy the excursions we do on port days and like spending time with us. They do not care for the kids rooms. After booking this cruise and reading these boards, I noticed comments about the pools. Some have said that one of the pools is for adults only. Some say that it is for adults only when a sign is put out depending on the cruise. I have no problem with the rules, but I wondered if you could tell me what the rule is...adult only all the time or only at busier kid times when a sign is out. I would like to know to lay down the rules ahead of time.

Thanks again for including us all on your voyage

Karen:)

Rev. Neal...Just had to add my praises for the beautiful photos you posted of the Eurodam ! After reading the entire CC board posted as you cruised, it is fun to be able to see all the areas mentioned etc. And the quality of your work is absolutely professional. You have quite a photography talent, among others..... I am looking forward to reading your final cruise review and seeing more pictures, hoping for more of Norway.....Thanks and best wishes !

OK....Malaga, Spain to Southampton, UK pictures are posted!:D Had a massage yesterday and ALL the stress of working on the ship seems to be GONE!:p At the end of the massage I turned to him and said "What ship?" So recovery has begun and I will be OK....although I've still lost a few more pounds since being home. But the GOOD side of that is all the "skinny clothes" I had in the front room for a couple of years in hopes of wearing them again I now fit into! WOO HOO! But not a diet plan I'd recommend.:rolleyes: Lots more pics to come so stay tuned! I have the summer off so loads of time to relax and edit the pics.

Nathan

Bless you, Nathan ... and thanks for the next batch of photos! This is going to be FUN, upping photos this way! :D A photographic smorgasbord! :D Know that I ditto Ruth's sentiment. I would be very surprised if cruising were a high priority on your list of future activities, however ... if/when you're ready, WE want to cruise with you while your on OUR side of the ship (i.e., as a passenger!)

I was asked, about 2 weeks ago, for a photo of the Canaletto Menu for a typical night. Here it is:

canalettomenu.jpg

WARNING ... the menu changes every night relative to what the Entree and Soup choices were.

Some have said that one of the pools is for adults only. Some say that it is for adults only when a sign is put out depending on the cruise. I have no problem with the rules, but I wondered if you could tell me what the rule is...adult only all the time or only at busier kid times when a sign is out. I would like to know to lay down the rules ahead of time.
Karen - I knew this question would come up so I took a picture of the sign at the Sea View Pool (the aft pool, considered the 'adult' pool). As I'm currently editing my pictures, it was easy to find:
Children under 14 require adult supervision

No diapered children

And here are a couple of formal photos. The first is of Ruth and I, taken on the last formal night of the entire cruise:

revnealruthc1.jpg

And here's one of my favorite photos ... of Adele and myself taken after dinner:

revnealadele1.jpg

They did? I thought they were the same the two nights I went.

Oh ... well ... shows how much I paid attention to that! :D

I had some sort of 'Brownie Trio' on our second visit. Not on your picture. I'd seen it on he display menu one night and was disappointed it wasn't offered on our first time there. Only reason I know they also change.

I had some sort of 'Brownie Trio' on our second visit. Not on your picture. I'd seen it on he display menu one night and was disappointed it wasn't offered on our first time there. Only reason I know they also change.

And the night that I went I had the Cannolli for desert. They were fabulous.

Joyce

I love that picture of you and Adele. Wasn't that the one taken when I was behind the photographer making faces at you two?? ;)

Yes ... we must put you back there in the future, making faces at us. The photo turned out WELL (I bought it ... I don't normally buy photos by ship's photographers unless they're exceptionally good).

Thanks so much for your answer to my question.

Karen - you are welcome. Your children also need to be aware that among other things, the sign also states:
No running jumping or pushing

Absolutely No Diving

The larger text, bolding and capitalization are on the sign. Maybe I should have just e-mailed the picture to Greg for him to post. ;)

Children under 14 require adult supervision

No diapered children

Unless I'm reading this wrong, this does not say "No Children" or "Adults Only" it just says that IF your children will be swimming here, they need to be supervised. I thought it was adult only?

Mary Ellen,

We have a pool ourselves with the same rules so that won't be a problem. In our extended family I'm the parent that always ruins all of the "fun" while others sit by not saying a word....can't stand it. Even with that my kids are always the ones that end up hurt. Last year my son fell off the monkey bars on the second day of school and broke his wrist and elbow. This year, second soccer game and my other son fell and fractured both bones in his arm which later had to be rebroke and set again. This was the second time for each of them! Before one fell out of bed and the other fell running in the grass. Go figure....the crazy parents who let their kids act crazy don't ever seem to hurt themselves, usually someone else.

Anyways sorry to go on and on. My 13 year old likes to lounge with us and my 8 and 10 year olds will remember their pool etiquette or work on their school essays they'll be writing! I promise that will do the trick if necessary!:eek:

Thanks again;)

Karen

Anyways sorry to go on and on. My 13 year old likes to lounge with us and my 8 and 10 year olds will remember their pool etiquette or work on their school essays they'll be writing! I promise that will do the trick if necessary!:eek:

Thanks again;)

Karen

lol, I just LOVE your form of discipline! :D

Archived