Who is Going to Watch?

sail7seas

Oh my goodness..... IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!

The sun shined down on Eurodam and the Dedication was perfect!!

I loved when the Queen rang the Bell!!!!

Wishing Eurodam many, many years of safe sailing and happy cruises!!!

Fair winds and a following sea.......

Hi Reint!

I have a feeling I am blocked from the webcast at work. :(

Hopefully they will have it for replay.

I saw it as I had to install a plug which didn't work on Mozilla but it did work on IE.

Nice ceremony. The bottle broke immediately!! Mickey Arison could have assisted the Queen a bit by lowering the microphone for her. She had to stand on her toes to reach it.....:o

So Peter, we are now blessed for next February!

Reint

Thank you, Martha. What a sweet message.

Just FYI...... the couple who Blessed Eurodam's Bell today are the owners of Martinair....Dutch Airline.

We were 'just folks'. :) I can promise you no one ever had more fun doing that than we did!!! :)

Oh my goodness..... IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!

The sun shined down on Eurodam and the Dedication was perfect!!

I loved when the Queen rang the Bell!!!!

Wishing Eurodam many, many years of safe sailing and happy cruises!!!

Fair winds and a following sea.......

SAIL, After seeing that, I'm so impressed that you were the one to bless the Noordam's bell. Where was the inaugural ceremony? After I sail the Eurodam, I'll have to add the picture of her bell next to the Noordam's bell.

Wow - that was very nice. I always cry at weddings and ship dedications
And here I thought I was the only one with a tear in my eye:) What a fabulous dedication ceremony! I'm so glad to have seen it.

And here I thought I was the only one with a tear in my eye:) What a fabulous dedication ceremony! I'm so glad to have seen it.

I had tears too. It was so special!:D Wonder if it will be on the blog later so my DH can watch.

I had tears too. It was so special!:D Wonder if it will be on the blog later so my DH can watch.

I wonder the same thing, Carol. I'd like to re-watch! BTW, I emailed you...did you get it? Not sure if I'm having email problems again or not. :eek:

It was a wonderful ceremony wasn't it? We had the pleasure of being dinner guest of Captain Jerone Van Donselaar aboard the Rotterdam on his very first sailing as Captain. He was a delightful host, and it was so nice to see him today as Captain of the Eurodam.

You think YOU were crying???? :D Tears!~!!!!~ I had tears rolling down my cheeks and was mouthing the Blessing along with them!!! :) It is something I'll remember as long as I live.

Noordam's Dedication was in the show lounge. It was Februrary in New York and they could not take a chance on weather. As it turned it, it was a gorgeous very warm day for February. Also,,,,,,there isn't much room on the dock to set up such a Ceremony. Much of Stein Kruse's speech was familiar and fittingly so. It was the perfect words to speak at such an occasion. The Ceremony was very similar. But, of course, it would be. The purpose is to Bless the Bell and Name the Ship.

I hope we can all watch it again. I had the inn washers going in the background and the volume turned up as high as I could on the computer...the phone kept ringing so I had a lot of distractions.

I have to say, the music was simply beautiful, too.:D

Wow: that was fun! The best part for me was being able to watch it while wearing my p.j.'s and sipping my first cup of coffee of the day:D (6:45 a.m. here on the west coast of the U.S.). I have to agree with the poster who mentioned having the camera pan the crowd instead of having to look at those dumb "elevator doors" so often but other than that I thoroughly enjoyed the whole spectacle.

Valerie:)

You think YOU were crying???? :D Tears!~!!!!~ I had tears rolling down my cheeks and was mouthing the Blessing along with them!!! :) It is something I'll remember as long as I live.

Noordam's Dedication was in the show lounge. It was Februrary in New York and they could not take a chance on weather. As it turned it, it was a gorgeous very warm day for February. Also,,,,,,there isn't much room on the dock to set up such a Ceremony. Much of Stein Kruse's speech was familiar and fittingly so. It was the perfect words to speak at such an occasion. The Ceremony was very similar. But, of course, it would be. The purpose is to Bless the Bell and Name the Ship.

I can't believe that. New York, and I missed it. Of course, I wasn't involved with CC then. My friends would think I was "nuts" if I told them I watched this ceremony and had tears in my eyes. Sail, did you wear a hat like the queen did?

I saw it as I had to install a plug which didn't work on Mozilla but it did work on IE.

We can't mess around with work computers much.

Nice ceremony. The bottle broke immediately!!

Unlike Camilla and the Queen Voctoria! :D

So Peter, we are now blessed for next February!

Don't know about us... but the ship is! We'll just have to have our own 'ceremonies' in Ferbruary.

I hope we can all watch it again. I had the inn washers going in the background and the volume turned up as high as I could on the computer...the phone kept ringing so I had a lot of distractions.

I have to say, the music was simply beautiful, too.:D

Wasn't the music great? "Ode to Joy" is one of my favorite pieces of music, it is so well-named: it's not as though anyone could ever mistake it for a funeral dirge.

Valerie:D

Archived