Who is Going to Watch?

sail7seas

Wasn't the music great? "Ode to Joy" is one of my favorite pieces of music, it is so well-named: it's not as though anyone could ever mistake it for a funeral dirge.

Valerie:D

Mine, too, Valerie. That was spectacular. I even got DH to watch that part...as it's one of his favorites as well. Senior moment...the name escaped me...so started humming it for him and he knew immediately what I meant! ;)

I just got out of my meeting of of course missed absolutely all of it:( It sounds like it was a real tear jerker. It does appear that they make it available for later view (keeping my fingers crossed) Other wise Frank I will need for you to send it to me if it will download that big of a file:o

Tom did get to watch it and said it was fantastic.

They were so fortunate to have such a beautiful day.

[quote=sail7seas;15241895

Just FYI...... the couple who Blessed Eurodam's Bell today are the owners of Martinair....Dutch Airline.

We were 'just folks'. :) I can promise you no one ever had more fun doing that than we did!!! :)

You're still the "Queen of Our Hearts":) :) :) :)

[quote=sail7seas;15241895

Just FYI...... the couple who Blessed Eurodam's Bell today are the owners of Martinair....Dutch Airline.

We were 'just folks'. :) I can promise you no one ever had more fun doing that than we did!!! :)

You're still the "Queen of Our Hearts":) :) :) :)

I wish there had been more camera panning the crowd. Would have been fun to find our friends.

For those who wish to watch the ceremony (or watch it again as I am doing!), it's been saved and is available now.

I wished that, too, Sail. I was looking for Brian's Lilly Pulitzer jacket!

:Looks like you can see it again through the website etc. and this link:

http://www.visualwebcaster.com/HollandAmerica/49281/event.html

Mr. Martin Schroder indeed started Martinair many years ago. But after some years had major shareholders like KLM and Maersk a.o. Although he ended with minor shares, and is retired by now he can afford to cruise...and I think he is an important customer to H.A.L.

This (minor) customer will sail tomorrow to Copenhagen.

...but of course, the work has to take priority.

I had the inn washers going in the background and the volume turned up as high as I could on the computer...the phone kept ringing so I had a lot of distractions.
I just got out of my meeting of of course missed absolutely all of it:(

Doncha just hate it when work interrupts a good time. :rolleyes: How dare they! :eek:

I didn't get to see any of it as I was trying to get the various last minute lists finished. Hopefully I can watch it tomorrow night. I hope it's available then. I want tears in my eyes, too! :)

[/size]

Doncha just hate it when work interrupts a good time. :rolleyes: How dare they! :eek:

I didn't get to see any of it as I was trying to get the various last minute lists finished. Hopefully I can watch it tomorrow night. I hope it's available then. I want tears in my eyes, too! :)

You've got that right, Ruth! ;) Luckily, I had a lull late afternoon and was able to watch...with minimal disturbances.

I hope you can watch it tomorrow...it's up now and hopefully will be for a while to come. And, lucky you, you'll be on board in 4 days! :D

That was wonderful :) I got home from work late, then after dinner, got in the pool and swam a few laps, then came in, sat down and watched this beautiful dedication. Oh how I would have loved to be there in person but I am so very very thankful to HAL for providing this LIVE webcast, and definitely Thankful we could view it afterward;)

Definitely very emotional and I actually felt very proud to be a Mariner :)

Archived