Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

Grandma and Mike ~ the very best thing about Cruise Critic is all the wonderful people you get to meet and cruise with! We've met friends for lifetime and that's the best part! I hope it's the same for everyone else.

Grandma ~ I don't know Robert but at the Preview Party, Dominque Gamba told us he was over all F&B operations on Solstice and will be bringing her out. He will, however transfer over to Equinox to bring her out as well so perhaps Robert will then transfer to Solstice? I'm not sure how it all works but if Robert is half as good as Dominque, then the Solstice class of ships will be in awesome hands. Dominque is our all time favorite maitre 'd/F&B manager on Celebrity so it sounds as if Celebrity is in good shape in this department.

I read that pullot section and there was lots of bad info in those articles. I believe there was one reference that included radiance of the seas in the Voyager class ships.

The Conde Nast Traveler pullout stated that there were 2 complimentary spa treatments. I e-mailed Celebrity & they said no freebies. DARN!!

Carole

CaroleLee ~ I was really surprised when I read that about the spa treatments. I hadn't seen anything previously that said the Aqua Class cabins came with spa treatments. There were several inaccuracies in that article....I'm never quite sure where they come up with some of the stuff that's written. :o

CaroleLee ~ I was really surprised when I read that about the spa treatments. I hadn't seen anything previously that said the Aqua Class cabins came with spa treatments. There were several inaccuracies in that article....I'm never quite sure where they come up with some of the stuff that's written. :o

Well here is an idea-lets tell CN Traveler that they "owe" us spa treatments-I'm sure they would send gift certificates :) ( Ok now I have to stop dreaming) Anyway I am still excited about the trip & ship

Carole

DH was able to book the Fan-Ta-Sea Snorkel Tour in St. Kitts for the 12/7 sailing of Solstice and have received our confirmation. Its the only tour we were interested in. Others on our 12/7 thread said that the other ports are not opened for tours as yet, or not as of this morning.

So if you are waiting for tours for the sailings before ours on 12/7 you might want to take a peak at your sailing date if its before ours.

Carol Anne,

You'll love that tour! It is one of our favorites! We haven't decided if we are going to do that again, or try something different when we are in St Kitts.

Like your sailing, St Kitts is the only port with available shore excursions. I wonder why?:confused:

Looks like Solstice will be ready early after all. Just got info about a two-night charter out of Fort Lauderdale before the inaugural.

Hi Linda !

From what we heard at the Solstice Preview, I expect there to be more than 1 of the 2 night sailings. If I were to venture a guess, I think there will be at least 2 or 3 of these sailings, perhaps more. Hopefully, we will hear more from Celebrity soon !

Good Morning,

Linda could you share the dates of that charter. We live near the port and would like to go down and take a peak once she arrives at Port Everglades. Also are you planning to take the cruise that you mention??

rollnoles2 - this is the one tour (Fan-Ta-Sea) that we are planning to do. This will be our third time on it. Haven't seen anything of the island via land. We tend to like to be on the water and a Cat like this down the coast is so relaxing. Not sure about why nothing else is open for the other ports. It could be that because these sailings were added just lately that the cruise line has to work out arrangements with other vendors that are used for the shore excusions in the other ports. Just a guess on my part.

Could those of you that are doing or have done Fan Ta Sea post some info about it? If here is not appropriate, maybe the St Kitts forum. Right now we're just planning on beach hanging in St Kitts at Frigate Bay or Marriott but I like being out on the water too. It looks like that excursion takes the entire day so I would love some firsthand info on it. Thanks so much. :)

I read the article test, it says:

Passengers in the Aqua-class staterooms – all a short stroll from the AquaSpa – receive two complimentary spa treatments: unlimited use of the spa’s multisensory Persian Garden, and solarium. That may be the confusion. sorry

I read the article test, it says:

Passengers in the Aqua-class staterooms – all a short stroll from the AquaSpa – receive two complimentary spa treatments: unlimited use of the spa’s multisensory Persian Garden, and solarium. That may be the confusion. sorry

My understanding is that the solarium is intended for adults only but is open to all passengers at no additional cost. Does anyone have information that is different from this? :confused:

Could those of you that are doing or have done Fan Ta Sea post some info about it? If here is not appropriate, maybe the St Kitts forum. Right now we're just planning on beach hanging in St Kitts at Frigate Bay or Marriott but I like being out on the water too. It looks like that excursion takes the entire day so I would love some firsthand info on it. Thanks so much. :)

We just booked this after searching the St. Kitts forums people seem to really like this excursion. We can't wait.

Cheers!

Donna

wolfganghowell, here is a link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=650552&highlight=catamaran

from a cruise critic thread discussing this tour. While one person thought it was too crowded and too much of a "party boat", we didn't find it to be like that. We usually avoid cruise ship shore excursions like the plague (especially snorkeling trips) because they are so crowded and you’re always running into other swimmers. But on the Fan-Ta-Sea we had plenty of space to snorkel, hang out on the boat, on the beach, etc. Also, I didn’t find it to have a “party boat” atmosphere. The atmosphere was fun, relaxed, and very friendly. The excursion took up most of the day, but we did have a little time to wander (and buy some t-shirts).

Hope this helps! (And BTW, we just booked this excursion again!:) )

Amy

I scanned over the long roll call, and did notice one familiar couple. We cruised with Texed, Jacque and son Sean(if I remember his name correctly) several years ago. Nice, fun loving couple!:D

Thanks for the nice words. And, we remembe you also. :)

Archived