Cruise Day Dreaming

COLLEYBERRY

When day dreaming about your next cruise. What are you most looking forward to enjoying?? Myself,it's strolling once again on Hals' wonderful promenade deck.When I asked my DH he said " everything" Just curious what others long for most.

thinking of new places to go ... and then looking forward to seeing crew we knew from prior cruises .. wondering while daydreaming how they and their families are doing .. and worrying about what we need to remember to bring for next cruise that we 'always' forget ...

harry

Two things come to mind right away! The first is when I'm walking on the ship and placing my card in the sensor. That's when it really hit me that I'm finally on my cruise!!

The second is my first stroll on the promenade before dinner! To feel the sea air and the sway of the ship is wonderful!!

I have only 101 days before I get this feeling again!!

Happy sailing!!

For me, Cruise Day itself is the one I look forward to the most!

We make that day an event. We tour for the day from Hotel to Port & arrive at pier at 3-3:30pm for a 5pm sailaway. From London hotel we toured leisurely South for an "Austen" day; Chawton(her house there), Winchester(where she died, Winchester Cathedral (buried there), lunch and finally Stonehenge before arriving at Southhampton at 3pm & walked on(NO wait) to ship. From Amsterdam hotel we toured for the day to several towns North, ferried to Marken,lunched & walked on the ship at 3pm. On our first cruise it was lines all day/line up for ship transfer bus/lines in terminal/lines to get on ship, etc.

Then it's lifeboat drill, the fun of sailaway and finally dinner. By bedtime it's been a relaxed, FULL, BEST day to remember.

Will do this again from Barcelona. Will leave hotel early AM for tour of Monserrat, lunch & arrive at port, later, 3pm.

For me, the Cruise Day itself is the one that occupies my Cruise Day Dreaming the most.

Martha

95 days to go for me - and the thing that I dream about....the first formal night, the glamour, the glitz, seeing everyone wearing their finest - it is so special and it makes for wonderful memories!

When day dreaming about your next cruise. What are you most looking forward to enjoying?? Myself,it's strolling once again on Hals' wonderful promenade deck.When I asked my DH he said " everything" Just curious what others long for most.

Throwing my cell phone in a drawer!!! We have AT&T and that doesn't work on the ship. :D Next would be my first esspresso in the Neptune Lounge...

Walking up the gangplank and onto the ship! I was taken by surprise on our last Noordam cruise...as we did that, tears welled up in my eyes...quite unexpectedly!

I'm bummed out now. I just rec'd an email from a barter organization we belong to. Offering a HAL cruise...several dates in August and September!!! This is a first, and we can't take advantage as we're still busy here. I may just "save" them and maybe by next August/September, when this offer rolls around again, we'll have sold our inn! Or, found a reliable innsitter.

We've built up a lot of points and never find anything to use them on (we get credit when people stay here).

Hubby and I talk about our next cruise every night over dinner. I'd say we're pretty excited! (less than 80 days now...) I think what I'm most looking forward to is the bigger cabin & balcony--we're in an SY on the Westerdam--which will be the largest ship we've been on, as well as the largest cabin we've ever booked. I know he's looking forward to exploring the ship, and I'm looking forward to lots of reading on the balcony. Ports? Yeah, sure, those'll be good too, I'm sure:p

What do I most dream about when looking forward to a cruise?? Tough question, there are so many things! The instant my foot steps ON BOARD; that's such an exciting moment for me.

But when I'm dreaming about this upcoming TA, I think about lazing on our big wrap around balcony seeing nothing but sea in all directions.

Here's what I'm daydreaming about: the food; the specialty cocktails; exploring the ship and the cabin; being rocked to sleep by the ocean; having my bed made and my towels changed; room service breakfast. Oh - and - um - what Usha said :D .

Great thread! Thanks, Colleyberry.

In 7 weeks 3 days-- My Mom, sister in law and I will be heading to Alaska..

I am looking forward to see how my sister in law enjoys the cruise. It will be her first cruise and it is always fun to see their expressions on things for the first time-plus she has never been to AK so another plus for her

Another thing I just love is sailing away with drink in hand on the deck with everyone!-- Oh I can't wait :):)

Oh yeah, I always enjoy just setting foot on the ship and knowing the good stuff is about to begin.

I look forward to being on the open sea. I look forward to meeting friendly crew and passengers.

Every HAL cruise has been dreamy so far. Keep 'em coming:)

Hi Everyone,just arrived home from work,each one of your replies has made me smile. "What a Day for a Day Dream".

Oh and Usha, romance on the high seas is a wonderous thing,I am convinced it;s the sea air!!

Happy sailing and dreaming to each of you.

On Friday, I will enjoy lunch on the Amsterdam... and after the bread pudding, I plan to pick up a waffle cone of chocolate ice cream for a walk around the top deck.

Hey you must come back with a review so I can keep dreaming we will sail on the Amsterdam the 5th of Sept ;)

I look foward to the same as you strolling the promenade deck and looking at the beautiful blue caribbean water. After dinner the same only with the moon and stars up in the sky over that dark sea. ;)

Archived