B2B Question

CWcruisers

I am booked on the Caribbean Princess B2B March 2009. My question is, since I booked it as a B2B, does Princess condider it one cruise or two towards my status upgrade? It's 2 seven day cruises.

Also, the day I embark will be my 50th day cruising with Princess. I have completed 49. Is that the magic number to move up to Platinum?

Platinum is from 50 to 149 days

Which means that when you board (49 completed days) you will not be Platinum which means you will not be platinium until the end of the first cruise (if you booked these as two separate cruised) or until the end of the b2b (if it was booked under one booking number.)

I hate to disagree but when I've done B2B's (4 times) our booking was under one number but they counted as separate cruises. Perhaps this has changed since my last one 3 years ago.

We have done 2 b2b this year and had different booking #'s on each cruise.

We had a choice of booking our B2B as either one cruise or two cruises. We decided to book it as one cruise because the insurance was less and the total cruise fare was less. When we booked this cruise, it was before Princess changed their Captains Circle program of being able to count cruises and/or days. Fortunately we had the same beautiful room the whole two weeks.

Thanks for you help everyone. I checked my booking and it is only one booking number. It was one of those sold as either 7 or 14 days. The good news is I stay in the same cabin. The bad news is I am one day short of Platinum. Maybe I can sweet talk the Captain's Circle Host.

Aren't the fuel charges on a per day basis? Then you would naturally have to pay for each day whether you had one number or two.

I think, if I remember right, the fuel supplement is per day to a maximum amount for the whole cruise regardless of length /or number of days.

Thanks for you help everyone. I checked my booking and it is only one booking number. It was one of those sold as either 7 or 14 days. The good news is I stay in the same cabin. The bad news is I am one day short of Platinum. Maybe I can sweet talk the Captain's Circle Host.

Best chance for sweet talk is after the end of the first cruise. Then you will have 56 days at the start of the 2nd one.

Even though we were booked for a 14 day, we were issued new SS cards at the beginning of the second 7 days. You will have to follow some sort of procedure the day the ship has a new disembarkation/embarkation. Ask the Captain's Circle hostess if she can take care of your situation for the second portion when new cards will be issued.

Archived