Just curious...

madelinerose

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm really hoping that the downside is mostly related to new ship bugs and staff bonging, er..... bonding, whatever.....oops I'm glad i caught that BOO BOO.....

I hope I'm a glass half full person, but some of the reports of structural issues disappointed me. I'm waiting until she stops having teething issues, hopefully by next April.

GN

I would book a cruise on the Eurodam again if she was on an intinerary we wanted, and if the fare was within our cruise budget. We do prefer the smaller ships, but we're glad that we were able to sail on her inaugural. :)

One of these days, I will check out the Eurodam for myself.

Certainly there were some rough spots reported by our CC HAL Pals, but I am undetered.

Sail on!:D

I am not liable to get upset on any HAL cruise as long as the ship stays upright.

I've been wondering the same thing. GN

Hi, GN...I've read all the posts/blogs when folks were onboard for the inaugural, but I haven't seen anything indicating whether anyone is looking forward to sailing Eurodam again.

Perhaps it's just me, but it just doesn't seem there's as much enthusiasm and excitement as there was for the Noordam. It will be interesting to see how the pax on the Caribbean itineraries feel about the ship. ;)

I would book a cruise on the Eurodam again if she was on an intinerary we wanted, and if the fare was within our cruise budget. We do prefer the smaller ships, but we're glad that we were able to sail on her inaugural. :)

Thanks, Bill.

As I was not the only Eurodam employee to leave last week I will be very curious to hear what folks say about the service etc...after this week and the next ones coming up. I hope things get better there soon. I'm very curious as well.:rolleyes:

As I was not the only Eurodam employee to leave last week I will be very curious to hear what folks say about the service etc...after this week and the next ones coming up. I hope things get better there soon. I'm very curious as well.:rolleyes:

Oh, didn't realize others left as well. My interest piques. ;)

Crew come and go from ships all the time. The Hotel Manager, Stan Kuppens, left Eurodam. He will return. He has been in Italy working to get the ship ready to bring out. Did the Dedication, Inaugural parties and initial cruises. The man is tired and needs a vacation! :D

So do others who worked so hard getting her ready to sail.

Like BillS, I would book again if conditions were right. I wouldn't make it a point to specifically choose her again. Not because I didn't enjoy the prelude and inaugural sailings, but I just prefer smaller ships.

The Eurodam is a fine ship. Tamarind and Silk Den are excellent additions. I wouldn't worry about a few negative points and let them stand in my way of booking the Eurodam. Go for it!

The Eurodam is a fine ship. Tamarind and Silk Den are excellent additions. I wouldn't worry about a few negative points and let them stand in my way of booking the Eurodam. Go for it!

Thanks, not worried at all. Just wondering if this ship is as big a "success" on CC as the Noordam was. ;)

From all I've read, this ship doesn't appear to be too Accessible.Using a power wheelchair - there are too many public placesthat seem too crowded. We'll continue with our favorite

Handicap Accessible HAL ships......

I got this impression from the blogs. Fortunately, we have no accessibility issues.

This is what I posted on The Happy Wanderer thread:

I would not go out of my way to sail, or, to avoid, her.

There's nothing special about the ship, IMO. She's nice. Very nice, even. But she's Vista 2.0, and I don't care for the Vistas in general. I prefer a smaller ship, with more personal service. The Tammarind was the one truly bright spot on the cruise. Service, food, and setting was superb (not to mention the company ;) ).

Originally Posted by sail7seas viewpost.gif

Crew come and go from ships all the time.

So do others who worked so hard getting her ready to sail.

I would imagine so.

You left out the middle part of what I posted and indicated what is here is a quote.......it makes no sense. I know sometimes don't make sense but at least it's what I wrote.

This isn't the way I wrote my post. ;)

Yes, without hesitation, just like I would book any of the four Vistas because Ruth is correct, Eurodam is in fact a glorified Vista with an extra deck and two nice extra restaurants onboard. If you like the Vistas, you wil like Eurodam! If you don't, well, you best shhtick with Prinsendam, the "S" and "R"s

The cruise(s) all of us were on were in a fact Eurodam's shake-down cruise(s) so we as pax (and them as crew) encountered/will encounter certain problems. We had either very cold or scolding hot water - nothing in between - in the shower/tub combo in our bathroom for the first two days out of Rotterdam. Pleasant? No. Acceptable? Nope again. It took three separate calls to the concierge and two separate days to get it fixed by a nice Filipino plumber who was a busy man and whose life wasn't made any easier by nice kiddies stuffing balloons in the toilets elsewhere. We used the stand alone shower in our bathroom instead so life was still good as we knew it. Did this ruin our cruise? Nope! Is that supposed to happen? Of course not! Does/can it happen on a brand new ship on her first cruise(s)? Does the Pope live in Rome/Vatican City? Of course!

I will have to agree with Rev that Eurodam seems "narrower" in certain places especialy in the Lido restaurant, the Lido pool area, the dining room and the Explorations Cafe. Does that, for the two of us, make sailing her less enjoyable? No, it doesn't, you take it into account and you move on! Yes, at times, I had to wait with my tray in my hand because I was yielding the right of way to folks with trays coming the other way. Btw, the Lido was a zoo for breakfast on the first three days out ofRotterdam and so was the AYW (botom) floor of the Rembrandt dining rooom. Both locations showed improvement on the ten-dayer out of Copenhagen. Can I see folks not liking her because of the "smaller feel"? Sure I can, and those folks will make up their own minds )or have already done so) whether to cruise "Big E" again or not! Some mobility-challenged folks will have a problem with her for those reasons, some will not.

Things I liked on Eurodam: Tamarind, Silk Den, Canaletto, Slice, the Mainstage (show lounge), The Screening Room (small? Yes but hey we've got a dedicated movie theater back and that's a plus in my book) The new lay-out of the shops (no more choke point as in some of the Vistas), The Gym (huge), Our cabin (very nice layout with the poss exception of the electrical outlet in the head)

Things I didn't care for besides the name of the ship:rolleyes: (yeah I know, it's getting old;) ) : The Explorations Cafe location (I really like the Cafes on the "S" and "R"s and even on the Vistas - IMO, the starboard side of the Crow's Nest is just too small and takes away the "feeling" of the EC, The Cabanas on starboard-side Lido deck - a waste of open space, Haven't made up my mind yet about the cabanas on the "Retreat", The very stupid-looking (IMO) atrium sculpture/"used condom" as Brian called it;) (no comparisson with, say, Rotterdam's atrium and Charles Atlas), the seating arrangements in the Northern Lights - uncomfortable with no backrests, some seating locations in the Rembrandt dining room i.e. the window tables for six on starboard side which have the edge of the DR steward's serving station right smack against the outside edge of the table - Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Those negatives will not stop us from booking Eurodam again if we like the itinerary and if Mr. and Mrs Hannah and Mr. and Mrs Smith, folks we "hung with" a lot, happen to be onboard again;)

Scotty is booked for Eurodam again - He has the same corner suite for a November cruise that he's taking his Mother on as well as a stateroom for the RSVP Charter in February. As much as I'd like to join Scotty for the February cruise (and sail with Captain Van Donselaar and Pam again) I don't think I will be able to - primarily due to the lack of vacation time.

Otherwise, I won't book that ship. I simply don't like Eurodam because of the overcrowding and poor interior design/spaceplanning choices. Despite the much-improved stateroom decor, Gift Shops and the Tamarind/Silk Den - the Lido, Pinnacle Bar, Crow's Nest/Explorations Cafe, Showlounge seats and balcony (where you can't see the stage without leaning forward in your seat because of the lighting boxes), the smaller/covered aft verandahs, the lack of Deck 8 SS's, the lack of stir-fry available for lunch and the lack of enclosed bathroom cabinets are just bad - and the staffing issue with the additional bars and dining venues makes for slow service and long lines.

At this point, I have no interest in booking the next HAL inaugural either. Noordam remains my favorite HAL ship and I have asked my TA to keep me informed for the Queen Elizabeth inaugural.

This is what I posted on The Happy Wanderer thread: I would not go out of my way to sail, or, to avoid, her.

There's nothing special about the ship, IMO. She's nice. Very nice, even. But she's Vista 2.0, and I don't care for the Vistas in general. I prefer a smaller ship, with more personal service. The Tammarind was the one truly bright spot on the cruise. Service, food, and setting was superb (not to mention the company ;) ).

Thanks, Ruth. The Tamarind was definitely a hit with everyone, it seems.

Those negatives will not stop us from booking Eurodam again if we like the itinerary and if Mr. and Mrs Hannah and Mr. and Mrs Smith, folks we "hung with" a lot, happen to be onboard again;)

Thanks, John. I have to say, sitting next to a bussing station while trying to dine was a major issue on our last cruise. There's not a worse spot in the front of the house. :eek:

Scotty is booked for Eurodam again - He has the same corner suite for a November cruise that he's taking his Mother on as well as a stateroom for the RSVP Charter in February. As much as I'd like to join Scotty for the February cruise (and sail with Captain Van Donselaar and Pam again) I don't think I will be able to - primarily due to the lack of vacation time.

Otherwise, I won't book that ship. I simply don't like Eurodam because of the overcrowding and poor interior design/spaceplanning choices. Despite the much-improved stateroom decor, Gift Shops and the Tamarind/Silk Den - the Lido, Pinnacle Bar, Crow's Nest/Explorations Cafe, Showlounge seats and balcony (where you can't see the stage without leaning forward in your seat because of the lighting boxes), the smaller/covered aft verandahs, the lack of Deck 8 SS's, the lack of stir-fry available for lunch and the lack of enclosed bathroom cabinets are just bad - and the staffing issue with the additional bars and dining venues makes for slow service and long lines.

At this point, I have no interest in booking the next HAL inaugural either. Noordam remains my favorite HAL ship and I have asked my TA to keep me informed for the Queen Elizabeth inaugural.

Wow, thanks for hitting the nail on the head, Brian. I appreciate your details. ;)

Archived