Shopping?

RunningDeer

Yes, it's easy to just get off and do some shopping.

The cruise terminal has some nice shops - especially the home made rum cake shop!

But you're also close to the main shops of the port.

Without even leaving the Barbados Cruise Terminal

you'll have a fair variety of Duty Free shopping to do!

Duty_Free_Barbados.jpg

For more such pictures in the Cruise terminal

visit my webpage at URL..

http://www.*****.com/terminal.html

And then there's Pelican Village

on the left as you walk in the direction of the main shopping area of Broad Street in Bridgetown -as well

Check this out as well...

http://www.*****.com/scenes.html

Lots of Barbados pictures here to give you ideas

and get you going!

You might see a beach you like..

Accra-849.jpg

We loved Barbados!

We got a taxi to Carlisle beach for a couple of hours and the driver right away knew we from Liverpool when we spoke. It turned out he'd lived in Liverpool for a couple of years about 10 years ago. He knew where we lived and asked us for updates on lots of bars and clubs he used to go to. There's a lot of ex-Caribbean people in Liverpool.

It's a small world! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! The rum cake is gorgeous. I don't like rum (can't drink spirits at all) but when we were in the cruise terminal there is a rum cake shop that had free samples outside. I had a taste and just fell in love with it. Very moist and tasty, and in different flavours - vanilla, lemon-ginger, chocolate, coffee.

They have special offers if you buy a certain number - I think if you bought 4 one was free. Something like that anyway. I bought 8 in the end to take home. I only gave two away as presents and kept the rest! They are delicious. They are vacuum packed and packaged in colourful boxes so are easy to pack away.

I just wish they delivered to England as I'd order more.

Everything from Duty free rum to clothing. Shops at per and in town as well as Holetown. They deliver the rum to the ship so buy early unless you are buying at the pier.

Is there a list of the shops at the pier and also downtown???

Just trying to not land at the Boatyard again... lmao

Looking for another beautiful beach....the ocean in Barbados is absolutly gorgeous!

there's also an area of very arty shops about a 10 minute walk away.

i got some nice art and gifts there.

That would be Pelican Village, I imagine...

on the left,as you walk in the general direction of Bridgetown's main shopping area.

Is there a list of the shops at the pier and also downtown???

Just trying to not land at the Boatyard again... lmao

Looking for another beautiful beach....the ocean in Barbados is absolutly gorgeous!

I found this web site http://www.cruisebarbados.com/bridgetown_cruise_terminal.cfm that talks about the stuff at the pier. If you click on the duty-free shops link, it actually lists the names of a bunch of the shops.

Also, if you explore the links on the left side of the page there is info about shopping downtown, buildings to see, etc.

Yes! The rum cake is gorgeous. I don't like rum (can't drink spirits at all) but when we were in the cruise terminal there is a rum cake shop that had free samples outside. I had a taste and just fell in love with it. Very moist and tasty, and in different flavours - vanilla, lemon-ginger, chocolate, coffee.

They have special offers if you buy a certain number - I think if you bought 4 one was free. Something like that anyway. I bought 8 in the end to take home. I only gave two away as presents and kept the rest! They are delicious. They are vacuum packed and packaged in colourful boxes so are easy to pack away.

I just wish they delivered to England as I'd order more.

I love rum cakes ...

yummy :p

Archived