Escargot?

DonnaK

Just ask your waiter when escargot will be available, it's not always on the menu:eek: . They will make sure that you get that most wonderful appetizer:D . Actually, anything that you would like & is not on the menu can probably be made...just ask nicely. Have a wonderful cruise.

Jan

We're sailing on the CB next week. I've been looking over the various menus that have been posted, and I couldn't find escargot. Do they not offer escargot???

They most certainly do and the escargot is wonderful. I had two. :)

We're sailing on the CB next week. I've been looking over the various menus that have been posted, and I couldn't find escargot. Do they not offer escargot???

Yes!!!

I even tried it for the very first time....

Recommended by some floataway friends.

[ATTACH]87902[/ATTACH]

I was on the Crown in May and escargot was on the menu -- I think it was on the French night -- along with French onion soup and duck l'orange. Absolutely delicious. I also had two orders of escarot.

On the Dawn Princess in June it was on the Continental dinner evening but on most ships they offer it on French cuisine night.

2540050790103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

Just goes to show you each ship is so different.

On the Crown/Emerald we were told it is no longer on the menus at all but can be requested thenight before. :rolleyes:

If you really like escargots ask nicely if you can have them for the rest of the cruise. I did, and got them till I said enough! They were often brought out by the Maitre d'.

As said above it was on the French/Continental night.

On the Crown/Emerald we were told it is no longer on the menus at all but can be requested thenight before. :rolleyes:

It was on the menu on the Emerald when we cruised her this past spring. Also on the menu on the Tahitian last month. Seems like it is on the menu more often than not but I guess it pays to ask just in case.

Escargot was on the menu last week on the CB. One of the menus about half way into the sailing was French cuisine. Appetizers included escargot and French onion soup. The entrees I can remember from that night were veal cordon bleu, frogs legs, and a duck dish (duck ala orange?). I had the veal and it was good, but not to die for. The onion soup was outstanding.

Enjoy your cruise.

Netta7

Escargot was on the menu on the Crown in July out of Copenhagen.

On the Dawn Princess in June it was on the Continental dinner evening but on most ships they offer it on French cuisine night.

I believe Princess re-named their French menu to the Continental menu after the start of the Iraq War in March 2003 when some people got their knickers in a knot over anything called "French".

They most certainly do and the escargot is wonderful. I had two. :)

I just automatically order 2 orders! :eek: One time, our entire table ordered 2 each. Soooooooooo good!!! Even my very picky daughter, who made a nasty face when asked if she wanted some, tried one and loved them - then ordered a plate of them for herself. :rolleyes:

Archived