Price drop!

whyrlygig

I've checked every day for months and it finally paid off! Today I found a $100pp price drop. Called C&A and in less that a minute, it was done! Now if we would just get our cabin assignment. We are hoping that the longer it takes to get, the better the cabin.

Congrats! It pays to check. I do as well. Balconies are all sold out on our cruise...but u never know. Once final payment is due, (next week) more open up. I continue to check.

More money for foo foo drinks. :D

I have also checked our sailing on the FOS on December 7th and back in May there was a price drop and we got it, but since then, the room rate has just went up and up. Maybe it will drop again after final payment is made on Sept. 28th.

slowpoke58

whyrlygig: Good for you!!

I have checked prices for years, and finally hit the jackpot on our October cruise on the Serenade. Switched from another cruise with the same itinerary that was paid in full, no additional fuel surcharge, saved $974, got a better cabin, and THEN got the 55+ discount later on for a total savings of $1,274!!!!

Now, I'll be checking for ANOTHER couple of years before I get another decrease in price.

Do we feel like Pavlov's dog, or what? Talk about random reinforcement.

If you book through a travel agent .....Do you go through your travel agent to get the price drop or do you call C&A or RCI booking yourself directly? Are some people getting price drops after final payment?:confused:

If you book through a travel agent .....Do you go through your travel agent to get the price drop or do you call C&A or RCI booking yourself directly? Are some people getting price drops after final payment?:confused:

If you booked through a travel agent, you must go through your travel agent. RCI won't talk to you if you didn't book directly through them. That's why I don't use a travel agent anymore. I just got a $300 price drop on my 2009 Alaska cruise. It took about a minute!

I was well before final payment time, but I believe people have had price drops honored even after final payment.

Thanks everyone! I feel like we have saved a lot for this cruise. We used a saving cert and our first try with a gty and now a price drop! We also got our airfare last spring for $300.30 each. Now that flight is over $700!

L.W., I believe if you book through a TA, you need to contatct your TA for all inquiries involving that cruise. And yes, you can get a price drop after final payment. That is as long as it is not meant for new bookings only.

whyrlygig: Good for you!!

I have checked prices for years, and finally hit the jackpot on our October cruise on the Serenade. Switched from another cruise with the same itinerary that was paid in full, no additional fuel surcharge, saved $974, got a better cabin, and THEN got the 55+ discount later on for a total savings of $1,274!!!!

Now, I'll be checking for ANOTHER couple of years before I get another decrease in price.

Do we feel like Pavlov's dog, or what? Talk about random reinforcement.

Could ya share some of that good luck? I've never been able to score a price reduction, but it doesn't stop me from checking. So apparently I'm Pavlov's other dog...the stupid one that he stopped using in his experiments. :rolleyes:

This is about the time of year (Aug-Sept) that we got our discounts for the summer Med cruise we were just on. The price drops lasted for awhile, then there were no further drops until we sailed (Aug 21 Brilliance).

So summer Med cruisers should be checking for price drops now.

This is about the time of year (Aug-Sept) that we got our discounts for the summer Med cruise we were just on. The price drops lasted for awhile, then there were no further drops until we sailed (Aug 21 Brilliance).

So summer Med cruisers should be checking for price drops now.

You are so right. We got the drop on our June 2009 Med. cruise on the Brilliance last week.

Kathy:)

We are sailing on the Brillance of the Seas out of Barcelona in June 2009. I noticed a price drop today and called RCCL. The price drop saved us $880 for our D1 aft balcony. :) :) :) :) We'll keep looking for price drops for our other future cruises hoping we'll get lucky again.

I check a few times each week , and have been for all of my cruises, and I've NEVER had a price drop. In fact all of my cruises have only gone UP!!!!! My 2009 cruise is up about $200. Maybe it's the time of year that I cruise. Oh well, I'll keep checking and congrats to those who have good luck!!!! I am hoping for a senior discount as it gets closer.:D

Archived