What Do You Love Most About Cruising With Princess?

cruisergal 1

I too love everything that has already been mentioned, but I will add:

1- the Fettucini Alfredo ( won't eat it anywhere else)

2- our waiter, Atilla, in Anytime Dining on the Crown in 2006. We thought he was so great after we were seated at one of his tables on the second night of our cruise that we requested to be seated at his table for the rest of the cruise. One evening when I came to dinner with a very bad cold he insisted that I must have hot chicken soup, hot tea and honey and promptly brought all out to me in addition to my dinner order! He definitley deserved the additional tip we gave him at the end of the cruise!

3- Hot chocolate chip cookies at the IC

For 50 weeks a year I take care of family, dogs, chickens, friends, gardens, houseplants, work, and oh yeh, the house also.....for 2 weeks, someone takes care of me.....and it is divine.....so are the martini's, the aft pool, listening to the waves while you are going to sleep.....the ability of doing nothing, and going someplace that you haven't been before....and the crew at Princess....I have traveled much more expensive ships, and less......and I will take the crew, the passengers and the ambience of Princess 99% of the time over another line....Now, to make it perfect...if only the upgrade fairy might visit me.....:)

We have found that Princess is a good fit for us in many ways, but I want to point out that we really appreciate that they still allow carry-on wine and champagne. This is a perk that I do NOT take lightly, as so many other cruse lines have disallowed any carry-on alcohol.

We were just recently on the Coral to Alaska and had a very nice time - we really liked that ship. We've now also booked (at just three weeks out), an "Exotic Mexico" voyage on Carnival Spirit, another favorite ship of ours. We've never had two cruises so close together, so I'm sure we'll be in "major comparison mode".

Island Princess. Quite possibly my favorite ship, but dont hold me to it because my opinions change so quickly about favorite ships when I get down to the nitty gritty.

The FOUR pools on the big ships!! It spreads the crowds out and it does not seem very crowded. No big fishbowl in he middle of the ship! And of course the Pizza.

I am loving this thread! I haven't cruised Princess yet but will be on the Grand in 3 weeks. Can't wait!

You're going to love the Grand. We had one of the best cruises ever this June on her.

Say hello to Carla up in Skywalkers some night.

I just saw a banner ad on this web site, here is a REALLY good reason to pick Princess over .... say RCI

Cell phones don't work on Princess when away from shore. They do now on many other ships.

Just what I want during dinner, miles from land, cell phones going off and important chit chat on board.

Princess, keep cell phones away.

Anytime dining and the freshwater pools for starters.

I agree! Fresh water pools are one of the many resons that I keep coming back! :) Where I'm from it's too cold to swim, so when I go on vacation, the pool and sun are what I want and I want to swim in fresh water!

Anytime dining and the freshwater pools for starters.

I agree! Fresh water pools are one of the many resons that I keep coming back! :) Where I'm from it's too cold to swim, so when I go on vacation, the pool and sun are what I want and I want to swim in fresh water!

The ease of embarkation and, alas, disembarkation. Agreeably, Princess has mastered both ends of the voyage.

The shampoo

The itineraries

The web site with the Personalizer

The consistancy of product over the past 16 years we have sailed with them.

The way they treat the return passengers.

Afternoon tea--every day!

Dori,

Would you still be interested in going to Afternoon Tea together (as we discussed in our Roll Call) on the last sea day? :confused: Seems the 1st sea day will be pretty busy for me...with the pool and I am going to (try) and get a hair appointment for formal night about the time tea starts. Just let me know and I will plan on it....talk to you some more on the Crown next week.

Personally, we love Princess because of the ships and service. Some of the very best service we have had on cruises has been with Princess. The ships are some of the most beautiful and of course the food is great too.

I just saw a banner ad on this web site, here is a REALLY good reason to pick Princess over .... say RCI

Cell phones don't work on Princess when away from shore. They do now on many other ships.

Just what I want during dinner, miles from land, cell phones going off and important chit chat on board.

Princess, keep cell phones away.

I agree with you about cell phones. You see them everywhere and are witness to conversations you don't want to hear. Even though people can use cell phones in port I hope Princess doesn't fix it so they can use them on board when sailing.

Ditto, about the cell phones! Who needs cell phones on vacation? You're supposed to be away from everything, not take everything with you. I only keep mine with me in case of emergency.

Oh and I also love that afternoon tea at 3:30. Those crumpets and home made jams are yummy! And being served with white gloves, and silver service is truly a treat!

Have just read all this thread and it has put a wide smile on my face, realising why I like the Princess style so much. So many reasons for so many people. I seem to agree with them all but for me why I choose Princess is the consistency in delivering a great product. Never had a bad cruise with Princess and love the understated relaxed atmosphere with generally amazing service

I have sailed Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Miracle, RCCL Sovereign and Monarch, RCCL Voyager and HAL Zuiderdam..

Not one has come close to Princess......

I like the adults only pool...the MUTS..if I can stay awake to watch...the balconies on the Caribe deck are fantastic...our waiters in the dining room were too cool....this was Crown 5-12 Oct...a wonderful time was had by all...also sailed Caribbean Princess two years ago...another excellent trip...

oh..it's long time till the next one:(

also the company was superb....it just doesn't get any better that that

Breadsticks! Don't forget the breadsticks, people! :D We recently cruised RCL and no breadsticks. Didn't know I was an addict LOL

I haven't had the pleasure of MUTS, but will this February when we do the 14 day Caribbean Medley. Can hardly wait.

I've done 6 Princess cruises and can't believe I've NEVER done tea ... being from Victoria BC it almost seems blasphemous!

Archived