HAL Sale Extension Email

HamOp

I received this today from HAL:

Dear ******* *****, Mariner Society #0509*****

Due to the extraordinary response to recent sale fares on our most popular 2008 and 2009 cruises, we're extending these very special rates. Below is just a sampling of our sale fares......... (snip)

My question is, was it an extraordinary high response, as the emial would seem to indicate? Or was it an extraordinary low response. If it was high, why the need to extend it?

I think the cruise lines are feeling the pinch.

I received this today from HAL:

Due to the extraordinary response to recent sale fares on our most popular 2008 and 2009 cruises, we're extending these very special rates.

The original 3-day offer was extended to Oct 19/08. Does your recent e-mail show a new expiry date?

The original 3-day offer was extended to Oct 19/08. Does your recent e-mail show a new expiry date?

That's funny, as you said the first extension did say Oct. 19. This one doesn't have a date. I read it over several times to be sure. Also on this one you can't "click" of any of the various locations.

Guess all this election stuff has me looking at every word for a double meaning. :)

I'm sure there's been some activity generated by the sale. My February cruise was included in the sale, but when my TA checked, there were no sale cabins left (the e-mail had said they were capacity controlled).

Perhaps HAL is still trying to fill some of the dates.

Neither do I. I called them on Friday to request emails. They said there was a problem and they fixed it. i did not get an email today.

Terri

The only e-mails that we have gotten the last few years are the "Happy Birthday" and "Happy Anniversary" ones. Sometimes we get "Thank You" for sailing Holland America.

The most recent one we got -- of which we have never gotten before was "Please fill out your immigration form 30 days before your cruise"!! We had already filled it our last July!!

I don't know if this is any true measure of interest, but the HAL website has been slower than slow this afternoon! :(

While DH was watching football this afternoon I was checking out future cruises (didn't find anything interesting to us) --I was checking out HAL's web site -- I didn;t have any problems.

We got the original e-mail as well as the extension one. We're thinking we may make another booking but are keeping an eye on the prices for all the cruises we have already booked. If the prices drop, I surely want to know it prior to making final payment. :)

I tend to agree with the OP "extraordinary response" probably means lower than expected or wanted. Otherwise, why extend the period for yet a 2nd time? I think we are just beginning to see the impact of the economy on future bookings:)

How can any of us know what response they got? Aren't we just guessing? ;) Idle speculation! :D

And I've even slogged through my spam filter line by line, day by day, for the last week, looking for them!

Tomorrow I'll start looking for the room assignment for my Noordam 11/7 guarantee on the HAL website. 'cause I doubt that they'll send me an email announcing it, lol. :rolleyes:

Archived