WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

We just returned from a two week Baltic cruise on the Connie. With the exception of the Celebrity singers and dancers production shows (boring, repetitive from other cruises), the entertainment was outstanding. Although the groups seem to change on a somewhat regular basis, the folks we had were uniformly wonderful. Sipra was the party band. There was also the Les DeMerle Band, Paradise String Quartet, Metro Park (a capella), Frank Gajewski (guitar) and Paul Barfuss (classical guitar). The guest entertainers and comedians were also consistently good. We particularly liked Jordan Bennet, a Broadway style performer. And then, of course, there's Perry Grant. He is definitely an entertainer people either love or hate, and we loved him. The people who enjoy his style are not necessarily older, but on our cruise, at least, were overwhelmingly British. Almost every night, we spent some time in Michael's Club and were often the only Yanks there (or so it seemed). But if he's not your cup of English tea, there's lots else from which to choose.

Sheila

Arno,

The Hotel Director: Bernard Stacher

Cruise Director: Jeff Potts

Captain's Club Hostess: Maria Nunes

ConnieStaffJune09.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any info about the Crew/Staff onboard the

Century for the Northern Europe sailing out of Amsterdam this summer?

Also, has anyone see a wonderful staff member named Regina Espadero who was the Cruise Club Hostess on the Mercury a couple of years ago during the Alaska run and then switched to Cruise Sales? A very warm and charming individual.... qualities I have come to expect from the Celebrity staff.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any info about the Crew/Staff onboard the

Century for the Northern Europe sailing out of Amsterdam this summer?

Also, has anyone see a wonderful staff member named Regina Espadero who was the Cruise Club Hostess on the Mercury a couple of years ago during the Alaska run and then switched to Cruise Sales? A very warm and charming individual.... qualities I have come to expect from the Celebrity staff.

Thanks in advance.

I have been unable to track down anyone who has posted after returning from Century. I know it will be a new captain but the last information is too old to be of value.

Regina Espadero is on facebook if you wish to track her down. She lists her home as Vancouver BC.

Do all X ships have the Enrichment Series? We just completed a B2B on the Millie and the highlight of almost every day was attending the lectures of Prof.George C McGuire. He was fascinating and we are looking forward to similar experiences in Jan on the Equinox.

Cheers

Do all X ships have the Enrichment Series? We just completed a B2B on the Millie and the highlight of almost every day was attending the lectures of Prof.George C McGuire. He was fascinating and we are looking forward to similar experiences in Jan on the Equinox.

Cheers

Yes there are a number of guest speakers that appear but not all of them are great. It's like take college courses... some classes are better and more interesting than others.

Would you perhaps be able to update the Millennium staff and entertainer list?

Sailing Date:

MASTER:

Hotel Director:

Cruise Director:

CC Host(ess):

Party Band:

Rendezvous:

String Quartet:

Michael's Club:

A Cappella:

Classical Guitar:

Guitarist:

This is the old list:

Master: Michael Karatzas

HD: Niina Hautaniemi

CD: Damian DeLorenzis

CC Hostess: Anna Duwel

?

Carl William Quartet

?

?

A Cappella: C Sharps

Yes there are a number of guest speakers that appear but not all of them are great. It's like take college courses... some classes are better and more interesting than others.

Would you perhaps be able to update the Millennium staff and entertainer list?

Sailing Date:

MASTER:

Hotel Director:

Cruise Director:

CC Host(ess):

Party Band:

Rendezvous:

String Quartet:

Michael's Club:

A Cappella:

Classical Guitar:

Guitarist:

This is the old list:

Master: Michael Karatzas

HD: Niina Hautaniemi

CD: Damian DeLorenzis

CC Hostess: Anna Duwel

?

Carl William Quartet

?

?

A Cappella: C Sharps

Rendez-vous Lounge: Carl William Quartet

Christine asked me if we had some dailies with the information and we did. Here is what I

found.

Sailing Date: As of April 12-26 Auckland – Honolulu. (Same crew then Honolulu-Vancouver prior to drydock. Not sure of current names as some changes were

planned for the Alaska season.)

MASTER: Captain Zisis Taramas

Staff Captain: Leonardos Palaiokrassas

Chief Engineer: Georgios Spyrellis

Hotel Director: Sheldon Thompson

Cruise Director:James Calhoun

CC Host(ess): Marissa

Party Band: kristen Lee

Rendezvous: The Azure Quartet

String Quartet: Discovery String Ensemble

Michael's Club: Keith Turner

A Cappella: The Sea Sharps

Classical Guitar:

Guitarist: Tony Swamy

The Enrichment lectures were by Professor Clayton 'George' McGuire on Pacific History and Hawaiian Ambassador Paki Allen and the Hula Maidens.

MASTER: Panagiotis Mantzavinos

Hotel Director: Anton Winkler

Cruise Director: Rich Clesen

CC Host(ess): Jonelle (last name unknown)

Party Band: D'Version

Rendezvous: The Sensations

String Quartet: Elan

A Cappella: The Neptunes

Future Cruise Sales: Laura Goor

Edited by Coco Creek

Does anyone know if there will be an enrichment series on the Equinox in December?

If no one knows I can ask a Celebrity executive and see if I can get an answer. I figure I would start on Cruise Critic but since it is a new ship that has not sailed it might be kind of hard to know at this point. I love that college course stuff. I would definitely sit in on that every day.

I also need to get the name of the cruise director but I guess I will not have the current up to date data until the very close to sailing.

I need to proirity disembark in one port so I am going to try arrange something with him.

MASTER: Panagiotis Mantzavinos

Hotel Director: Anton Winkler

Cruise Director: Rich Clesen

CC Host(ess): Jonelle (last name unknown)

Party Band: D'Version

Rendezvous: The Sensations

String Quartet: Elan

A Cappella: The Neptunes

Future Cruise Sales: Laura Goor

WhosonXJun2009.jpg

I also need to get the name of the cruise director but I guess I will not have the current up to date data until the very close to sailing.

I need to proirity disembark in one port so I am going to try arrange something with him.

Once on board you can approach the Customer Service Desk or the Hotel Director for priority disembarkation. That is not usually in the Cruise Director's field of responsibility.

Priority disembarkation at ports normally goes to Ship's Excursions, Suites, Elites and Concierge Class, all of whom would like to be at the head of the line, especially at tender ports.

Once on board you can approach the Customer Service Desk or the Hotel Director for priority disembarkation. That is not usually in the Cruise Director's field of responsibility.

Priority disembarkation at ports normally goes to Ship's Excursions, Suites, Elites and Concierge Class, all of whom would like to be at the head of the line, especially at tender ports.

Good to know. I will check for the hotel director and not bother the cruise director when on board.

Thanks

Anyone know when the Captain will change on Mercury? Frantzis is there now? When will Karamounas take over?

When I was on Mercury last March, Captain Patsoulas (a very nice guy with whom I sailed three times) told me that he would be off soon afterwards. Last month, Captain Frantzis was aboard, when I met him for my first time. How long do Captains serve on ships? I would expect Frantzis to still be aboard on Sunday when I am again on Mercury. I will post a list of staff after my return.

Donald.

When I was on Mercury last March, Captain Patsoulas (a very nice guy with whom I sailed three times) told me that he would be off soon afterwards. Last month, Captain Frantzis was aboard, when I met him for my first time. How long do Captains serve on ships? I would expect Frantzis to still be aboard on Sunday when I am again on Mercury. I will post a list of staff after my return.

Donald.

Hi Donald, this is so not fair:eek::D...you just sailed Mercury last month

and now you are going again!!!!!:)

Hi Donald, this is so not fair:eek::D...you just sailed Mercury last month

and now you are going again!!!!!:)

Lois, can you skip work and join me? I sure can use convivial company in the Martini Bar. You will be back at home in time for the month-end inventory at work. ;):D

Donald.

Lois, can you skip work and join me? I sure can use convivial company in the Martini Bar. You will be back at home in time for the month-end inventory at work. ;):D

Donald.

Oh my friend,:) how I wish I could join you:eek:...have a Martini for me

since it is totally not possible:rolleyes: