WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Yes Lois I did. Sorry it's taken so long to respond. He's always been such a gentleman and so friendly. It's just great when you see someone that YOU recognize and they recognize you immediately and ask about your life. Sure wish he'd switch to Mercury next March. That would be a surprise for us and pleasure.

Pat

Hi, we have just returned from the transatlantic voyage on Constellation. A couple of changes to your list above.....

Chief Engineer is Georgios Karlis

Acappella group was Metro Park

The group in the Rendevous lounge was the Les De Merle band.

Sue

Edited by Addict

Hi, we have just returned from the transatlantic voyage on Constellation. A couple of changes to your list above.....

Chief Engineer is Georgios Karlis

Acappella group was Metro Park

The group in the Rendevous lounge was the Les De Merle band.

Sue

Thanks Sue.. I'll update my list.

Thanks Astrid.

Other than suffering from Cruise Withdrawal Syndrome after a great Infinity cruise, including stops in Mexico, life is great.

I have never met Robert Wheatley, the CD. Were you able to form an opinion during your cruise?

We really did not spend enough time around him to form an opinion, it was just a short cruise and we just went to one of the shows.

Astrid

Do we know anything yet about who will be on the Equinox? Just wondering.

Melody:D

Upcoming cruises

Celebrity Infinity/Panama Canal/September 2009

Celebrity Equinox/The Med/October2010

Past cruises

Celebrity Millennium/Alaska/September 2008

Sun Princess/Alaska/September 2007

Do we know anything yet about who will be on the Equinox? Just wondering.

Melody:D

Upcoming cruises

Celebrity Infinity/Panama Canal/September 2009

Celebrity Equinox/The Med/October2010

Past cruises

Celebrity Millennium/Alaska/September 2008

Sun Princess/Alaska/September 2007

Hi Melody !

I believe that Nick and Simon Weir will be onboard Equinox. From what I was told when I was on Solstice, many of the Senior officers from Solstice will be moving to Equinox.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Arno !

I noticed on your list, that Captain Bouzakis is listed as the Master of Equinox. Wasn't Captain Skylogiannis supposed to be moving to Equinox ? Just curious.

I noticed on your list, that Captain Bouzakis is listed as the Master of Equinox. Wasn't Captain Skylogiannis supposed to be moving to Equinox ? Just curious.

I believe Captain Bouzakis left Constellation (when Captain Pagonis became master), went on holidays and supervised the Equinox build. Captain Skylogiannis was to go on holidays April 12 when Captain Kafetzis took over. Assuming that he now takes a three month holiday (May, June, July) he may takeover from Captain Bouzakis who should be due for his holiday. I have not heard any other information of who will be the next to go to either ship nor the assignment for Eclipse.

WhosOnboardApril2009.jpg

We discover that the journey is more significant than the destination and that the people we meet along the way will be the traveling companions of our memories forever. Nelson DeMille

A while back I'm sure I read on the boards that Capt. Kafetzis was going to Equinox? It will be interesting to see who goes where.:)

About a year ago, Capt Kafetzis told us he was going to the Solstice and then the Eclipse.

I believe Captain Bouzakis left Constellation (when Captain Pagonis became master), went on holidays and supervised the Equinox build. Captain Skylogiannis was to go on holidays April 12 when Captain Kafetzis took over. Assuming that he now takes a three month holiday (May, June, July) he may takeover from Captain Bouzakis who should be due for his holiday. I have not heard any other information of who will be the next to go to either ship nor the assignment for Eclipse.

WhosOnboardApril2009.jpg

Hi to you both - long time no see. Hope you remember the trivia and evenings in Michaels on Constellations New England cruise last year :)

A mutual friend :D linked me to this board as I was looking for information on the Equinox and have found your list is very useful.

We are booked on the pre inaugural sailing to the Norwegian Fjords - are you coming?? its great value.

We have been lucky enough to be invited to go aboard 3 days early for the naming ceremony and various other social events so if you are not there then we can send you the crew names and all relavent information - let me know what you require.

You can also reach us on bramblebm at hotmail dot co dot uk.

keep well and happy sailing

Bee (and Bill who is always playing golf)

:) :)

We are booked on the pre inaugural sailing to the Norwegian Fjords - are you coming?? its great value.

Hi Bee & Bill:

Including flight this cruise would cost $7,000 for a 2C.. not exactly a great deal for an 8 day cruise. That's nearly $1,000 per day before expenses and libations. The cost of flying to Europe is a major reason for the reduction of European cruises and the transfer of Solstice to the Caribbean year-round. Enjoy the experience. Solstice class ships are stunning but we prefer to sail on M-Class for practicality.. and Perry. I'm hoping that Celebrity initiates round trip cruising to Europe as HAL does out of Boston.

Any information concerning staffing and entertainment can be added to the list. All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi Bee & Bill:

Including flight this cruise would cost $7,000 for a 2C.. not exactly a great deal for an 8 day cruise. That's nearly $1,000 per day before expenses and libations. .

WOW - well they must have been practically giving it away over here - we did not pay anything near that price.

Is Perry still on the Connie as friends are going on 30 May Baltic cruise

:) :)

Thanks to all who provided updated information.

[ctrl] [+] or [ctrl] [-] will adjust print size or clarity on some monitors.

WhosonXApr2009.jpg

Arno,:) Hi again, I was reading through your names....

unless Laura just got on CENTURY, she was not the Future Sales Mgr

back on April 16th.

I forget the gal's name but I had never met her before. She

is from South Africa and a was really nice:) I bought 1 Passage

from her and put a regular deposit down for another sailing.

BTW, hope you and Joanne are doing well.

Is Perry still on the Connie as friends are going on 30 May Baltic cruise

Perry just left for 6 weeks of holidays on May 2nd.

Lois:

I'll check but your Passages contract might have her name signed?????

her name is Farieda and she is from

South Africa.

That now makes the third South African Sales Manager: Melanie Berger-Pavlov, Sue Williams, and Farieda Watson.

That now makes the third South African Sales Manager: Melanie Berger-Pavlov, Sue Williams, and Farieda Watson.

I only know Melanie and Sue but they are such very, very nice people. And Sue's nanny story tops anything I have ever heard.

• 2 weeks later...

As of Century's April 25 TA:

Master: Anastasios Lekkas

Chief Engineer: Ioannis Sotirianos

Staff Captain: Issac Ancona

Guest Relations Mgr: Marcela Salum

Hotel Director: Daniel Stacy

Food/Beverage Mgr: Ludwig Lozano

Cruise Director: Bob Wheatley, although he left Century in Amsterdam for vacation. He introduced his successor, but I can't remember his name.

Has anyone ever had a waiter by the name of Carlos? (Think he was from South America - Argentina perhaps?) He is distinct in that when he arrives with the desert tray after dinner, he declares "It's Showtime". Just a delightful waiter - always a smile - and some really wonderful service. We had him on the Mercury in 9/06 and wonder if he is still around and what ship he may currently be on. He was a long time Celebrity employee - 13 years at the time. He told me his favorite ship was the Connie.

It would be great to find him again!

620491859_AlaskaComboI126.jpg.3565daefd17baf933e5738774a1c9d9d.jpg

Does anyone know what happened to Master Capt. Ioannis Papanikolaou?

He was master on the Constellation in 2005 and was very well liked

He has been enjoying retirement for over a year now. Captain Manetas and captain Pagonis now alternate as masters of Constellation.