WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

When I was on Mercury last March, Captain Patsoulas (a very nice guy with whom I sailed three times) told me that he would be off soon afterwards. Last month, Captain Frantzis was aboard, when I met him for my first time. How long do Captains serve on ships? I would expect Frantzis to still be aboard on Sunday when I am again on Mercury. I will post a list of staff after my return.

Donald.

Could you find out how long Captain Frantzis will be on board. when wil he go on vaation? Thanks. Have a super cruise. We are anxiously awaiting 11/30!!

Could you find out how long Captain Frantzis will be on board. when wil he go on vaation? Thanks. Have a super cruise. We are anxiously awaiting 11/30!!

I'll see if I can find out that information.

No matter who the Captain is, I always enjoy my cruises on Celebrity. I do like Captain Patsoulas, as he is friendly and approachable, and usually has brief chats with me and other frequent passengers.

Donald.

I'll see if I can find out that information.

No matter who the Captain is, I always enjoy my cruises on Celebrity. I do like Captain Patsoulas, as he is friendly and approachable, and usually has brief chats with me and other frequent passengers.

Donald.

Of course you are right, Donald. I am just hoping to see Captain Karamounas again. We have sailed with him three times, first time when he was Chief Engineer, then twice as captain.

Summit: Hotel director Sue Richardson

CC hostess Tanushka

Cruise director Damian de Lorenzis

Thank you for the information about your recent cruise.

I have been kindly requested by Celebrity to stop summarizing the names in chart form. It seems that certain individuals on board prefer to keep this information private as they move from ship to ship.

I wish to thank all those who have contributed to this thread but I value the friendship of individuals on board who do not want this information shared.

Ouch!!!

Is Celebrity patrolling the cruise boards on different sites to see what is being said about them? If this is not the case and you were contacted in some other way, shape or form I have to give Celebrity a commendation for looking out for their employees.

As long as the ship does not sink I am OKk with anyone being the Captain.

Celebrity has had a long standing policy that they do not like to divulge the location of employees. It's a security and privacy issue. Once on board of course they are listed. General conversation about who was on board is bound to happen.

Edited by Ma Bell

I do not understand Celebrity's request, since the information was on the first day's daily, with a picture and short biography.

It called, making it tougher for stalkers to follow crew. Yes we put the info here, but X is not responsible if the stalking happens. That and we are a small minority of the cruising public

Arno has done such a great job but in this crazy world we live in I can see the need for security to take priority...

However, anyone can post an inquiry & easily locate someone in a manner of one or two posts! Sad that crew members have these types of difficulties!

Arno has done such a great job but in this crazy world we live in I can see the need for security to take priority...

However, anyone can post an inquiry & easily locate someone in a manner of one or two posts! Sad that crew members have these types of difficulties!

Not everyone is as well meaning as us.

Edited by chessbriar

Is it me? I am struggling as to why there is an issue with what is historical information - if the info was who was going to be on board that is different and I can understand re security and stalkers. All we are going to get now are lots of random posts carrying the same information.

Is it me? I am struggling as to why there is an issue with what is historical information - if the info was who was going to be on board that is different and I can understand re security and stalkers. All we are going to get now are lots of random posts carrying the same information.

I agree with you on this,it was an interesting thread.

Celebrity has had a long standing policy that they do not like to divulge the location of employees. It's a security and privacy issue. Once on board of course they are listed. General conversation about who was on board is bound to happen.

Hi Joanie, you have some mail...:):Djust making sure you got it!

Back to the topic at hand.........

Thanks Arno for keeping up this thread for so long. We are cruising on Equinox in November and would love to keep up with who will be onboard.

It's a sad commentary on the state of our world when this information is used in a manner that creates difficulty for the staff.

Happy cruising,

Edited by Linda-E

??? Viewing the chart is much easier & organized than individual posts of staff members currently on Celebrity's ships.

For instance, I remember reading "anyone know who's the __________ on __________" or "I'm sailing _________ who's onboard?"

I could understand if the organization asked for the staff members last names to be dropped off the chart (the chart sould even list last initial of the crew member, for "security" purposes, etc.) but to not have it at all?

Edited by Liberated Mind