Concierge Service - enforced restrictions

Kathyemma-

your husband will become diamond member. Tell him it is yet another perk of you being his bride

By the way - we often travel with couples who are not Diamond or D+ or not in a suite. Sometimes we meet them in a bar for a drink and sometimes we have a quiet drink without them in the C. lounge or overflow lounge. It has never presented a problem. Likewise, we attend the D or D+ function, and they do not.

M

Hi - Can I assume that my sister (who is a gold member) will be able to come into the CL with me - as we are sharing a room and I am Diamond? we don't live at the same address, but we will be sharing a room.

Thanks.

First lesson is "Never assume anything". ;) It will probably depend on the concierge and just how many diamond and diamond plus members are on board. On most occasions the concierge, using his or her discretion, will allow it and there will be no problem. However in some situations, such as the one I described on our recent transatlantic cruise, allowing unqualified guests into the CL would only exacerbate an already overcrowded situation.

Ask the concierge politely but be prepared to accept his or her answer gracefully, in case the answer is in the negative.:)

A lot of companies are doing that, I just bought some Edy's ice cream and noticed it's not a half gallon anymore, its 1.5 quarts with the same price! Sneaky!

Now where have you been all summer?? Most ice cream brands lowered their containers from 1.75quarts to 1.50 quarts before the summer started!! Ice cream hasn't been a 1/2 gallon in years!!

Hi - Can I assume that my sister (who is a gold member) will be able to come into the CL with me - as we are sharing a room and I am Diamond? we don't live at the same address, but we will be sharing a room.

I wouldn't make that assumption. Would being sisters make it any different from when I (a gold member) shared a cabin with Wrona (wrp96), who is a Diamond member? I was not permitted access to the CL because we were not in a suite and I was not Diamond. It's that simple. Any concierge who permits it is technically breaking the rules - but obviously, from these boards, they appear to have the discretion to do so. Just don't assume that they will. Ours didn't.

:o We worked hard & paid alot of money for cruises to become Diamond members so we could enjoy some of these perks. If I'm traveling with friends, we don't stay in the CL room as long as we usually do. They can find something to do & enjoy their time away from us. I'm not asking if they can come in. It's already crowded enough with those of us who EARNED IT !!!! If people start sneaking people in, it may get too expensive for RCL to continue or maybe they won't be as liberal as they are with the drinks. I have a friend that always cruises with 10 - 12 friends & family. This couple are Diamond, should they be allowed to take all of these people every night? I don't think so.:mad:

A lot of companies are doing that, I just bought some Edy's ice cream and noticed it's not a half gallon anymore, its 1.5 quarts with the same price! Sneaky!

Now where have you been all summer?? Most ice cream brands lowered their containers from 1.75quarts to 1.50 quarts before the summer started!! Ice cream hasn't been a 1/2 gallon in years!!

MTEMPLE212:

I make "Home made" ice cream during the summer months so that's probably why I didn't notice the change earlier, but you are missing the point of the post!:p

LOL, I like that!! What ship are you going on Kathy?

Mimi

We are sailing on the mariner over thanksgiving. Originally we were going to get married while on the ship - in St Thomas - but my father isn't in the best of health - so we got married at home this summer. The cruise is now our honeymoon cruise!

Poor DH has only been on one cruise - took him on Liberty last year. He doesn't deserve the lounge yet. I worked hard to get where I am - did my time in inside rooms too. Maybe I will take him in the lounge - maybe not. I think next cruise I am giong to make stay in an inside room - I just want him to appreciate the balcony rooms and I don't think he can until he stayed in an inside room with 4 people!!! :D :D

Kathy

:o We worked hard & paid alot of money for cruises to become Diamond members so we could enjoy some of these perks. If I'm traveling with friends, we don't stay in the CL room as long as we usually do. They can find something to do & enjoy their time away from us. I'm not asking if they can come in. It's already crowded enough with those of us who EARNED IT !!!! If people start sneaking people in, it may get too expensive for RCL to continue or maybe they won't be as liberal as they are with the drinks. I have a friend that always cruises with 10 - 12 friends & family. This couple are Diamond, should they be allowed to take all of these people every night? I don't think so.:mad:

I get what your saying and for the most part I agree, but if I am diamond and I go on a cruise with ONE PERSON, who is my cabinmate, I'll be damned if I go and sit in the CL by myself. It may just be me, but I think thats rude. Free drinks arent worth that to me.

I don't know if I am going to tell DH about the lounge. Hehehe I will wait and see if he pisses me off between now and then. Our hump room is right across from the lounge - so I will be using it A LOT.

Kathy

Actually, I am not sure the previous info you have gotten about your new DH's status are correct. It depends on whether he has already cruised with RCI at least once. You cannot get C&A membership until after your first cruise. So if this is DH's first cruise, he will not be Daimond+ with you until after the cruise - at which time he will be eligible to join and then will be given your status as your DH (rather than starting at Gold).

If he has already cruised at least one time on RCI, then he will, indeed, be able to have D+ status on your honeymoon cruise.

Having said that, in any case he should be able to join you in CL - he just may not get the D+ coupon book.

This is what happened with my younger DD. She was D due to our having reached that level before she left home. When she married her new DH had never cruised. She checked on getting him D statue for their honeymoon cruise and was given the above info. He was able to do everything with her on the cruise (just didn't get the D coupon book, only DD got that). Then when they returned from the cruise they signed him up and he was given her D status.

I get what your saying and for the most part I agree, but if I am diamond and I go on a cruise with ONE PERSON, who is my cabinmate, I'll be damned if I go and sit in the CL by myself. It may just be me, but I think thats rude. Free drinks arent worth that to me.

I wouldn't use the DL either if I was with someone else that didn't have access.

Actually, I am not sure the previous info you have gotten about your new DH's status are correct. It depends on whether he has already cruised with RCI at least once. You cannot get C&A membership until after your first cruise. So if this is DH's first cruise, he will not be Daimond+ with you until after the cruise - at which time he will be eligible to join and then will be given your status as your DH (rather than starting at Gold).

If he has already cruised at least one time on RCI, then he will, indeed, be able to have D+ status on your honeymoon cruise.

He has cruised once before with Royal. Last year i took him on Liberty - it was my big test for him. If he could survive a week at sea with me and my dd - then I could marry him.

Kathy

I agree with you. If we just had one person with us, I wouldn't be going to the CL either. That would be rude. Because we are a couple, I have never cruised with just one other person. Sometimes our friends want to have their alone time also or take a nap before dinner.

Kathy, I like the way you think about making him appreciate those rooms!;) Congrats on your marriage.

Since you are married though, he does qualify for the same status as you so if you are in a good mood, you should call C&A and get his status updated. If you are in a bad mood, let him suffer!:p

Maybe that is the case in RI, but not down here in Texas. Blue Bell still offers a full half gallon of ice cream to its consumers.

Archived