Photo's 9 Night Canada/Quebec Cruise on Explorer of the Seas 10-09-08 (cabin 7688)

I will get to the labeling soon as well as my cruise review for Cruise Critic. We had a great time on our Canada and Quebec cruise and really enjoyed our balcony with a little help from the weather.

Hope you enjoy,

Mike

Here is the link and look for the Canadian flag:

http://flickr.com/photos/hotsauce34/sets/

Great pictures!

How much time did you have in Quebec City? It is a thrill to visit in the winter during the Winter Carnival in February. If you liked the city, consider another visit when there is snow on the ground...it is a magical place.

Did you find time to go inside the Chateau Frontenac? It is a beautiful historic building. I have stayed there as a guest three times; although the current prices are beyond my budget.

Mike,

I have just a standard, oldfashion, Canon 35mm. My wife has a backup digital that she got with coupons or something, just so we know we have something.

Clarea, on the lines, etc: We had some passengers that needed special assistance, and a bit more time to disembark. It wasn't anything that patience and courtesy couldn't overcome. Given it's the equivalent of disembarking 8 747's, I'm actually a little suprised it wasn't a longer wait.

Hi Mike,

Great pics! I cannot believe the size of your balcony - was this for your sole use?! are all aft balcony's on voyager class like this?

We were on the same cruise in a D1 cabin and the balcony was pretty small with a frosted glass panel rather then rails and the paint was peeling too!!

You are sooooo lucky!:p :p :p

Mike,

I have just a standard, oldfashion, Canon 35mm. My wife has a backup digital that she got with coupons or something, just so we know we have something.

Clarea, on the lines, etc: We had some passengers that needed special assistance, and a bit more time to disembark. It wasn't anything that patience and courtesy couldn't overcome. Given it's the equivalent of disembarking 8 747's, I'm actually a little suprised it wasn't a longer wait.

Someone on a different Canada cruise mentioned that they sometimes disembarked from deck 4 and the ramp was steep. We had this same thing in Alaska on a Princess cruise and each time there was someone in a wheel chair or scooter, they cleared the ramp and just took the one person up or down for everyone's safety. This slowed things down some, but like you said, just needed a little patience and courtesy.

My mom had a really hard time with the steep ramps.

Someone on a different Canada cruise mentioned that they sometimes disembarked from deck 4 and the ramp was steep. We had this same thing in Alaska on a Princess cruise and each time there was someone in a wheel chair or scooter, they cleared the ramp and just took the one person up or down for everyone's safety. This slowed things down some, but like you said, just needed a little patience and courtesy.

My mom had a really hard time with the steep ramps.

Both Halifax and Quebec City had steeper rampways. Halifax is a permanent structure, but Quebec City's looks more like temporary scaffolding, and both were from Deck 4. I'm a little acrophobic, so even I was holding up the line a bit! Two of the contributing factors to the overall grumpiness of fellow passengers I believe was caused by (1) standing in the stairwells with jackets and sweaters on, and (2) a bunch of line-jumping, (and rightly so) for those that couldn't use the stairs, and merging in from the elevators, which is typically a no-no unless special needs. When an elevator opens and a scooter comes out, courtesy says "let em in". When an elevator opens and 15 people get out and linejump, that was a source of some complaining.

I'm enjoying the pictures. What time did you get to the port? The lines seem kinda longer than I have seen in other pictures.

Hi Ann, I believe we arrived around noon if you were referring to Bayonne. The Diamond and Platiunum lines were large too, which we were not in.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Great pics! I cannot believe the size of your balcony - was this for your sole use?! are all aft balcony's on voyager class like this?

We were on the same cruise in a D1 cabin and the balcony was pretty small with a frosted glass panel rather then rails and the paint was peeling too!!

You are sooooo lucky!:p :p :p

My partner Paul and I had the balcony and there are only two like that on Voyager class. 7688 and 7388. Those are the portholes which are on the top. The lower porthole balconies do not extend as far. Thanks to Cruise Critic and Bonnie Voyager's photos I knew which stateroom to pick a year in advance.

Have a great weekend,

Mike

Hi Ann, I believe we arrived around noon if you were referring to Bayonne. The Diamond and Platiunum lines were large too, which we were not in.

Mike

Yes, I was referring to Bayonne. I know it is different for every sailing, but I would like to avoid the longest lines if possible. :) But, I also like to get on the ship as early as possible.

How long did it take you to get on the ship with the lines in your pictures. I am just an ordinary gold level without a suite, so I will be waiting in the regular lines.

Yes, I was referring to Bayonne. I know it is different for every sailing, but I would like to avoid the longest lines if possible. :) But, I also like to get on the ship as early as possible.

How long did it take you to get on the ship with the lines in your pictures. I am just an ordinary gold level without a suite, so I will be waiting in the regular lines.

Hi Ann, we are gold members too and it took about 40 minutes from the time we got out of our taxi to inside the termianal, getting our shuttle number, checking in and getting our sea pass to boarding the shuttle to boarding the ship. It really was not bad at all.

Mike

Great pictures!

How much time did you have in Quebec City? It is a thrill to visit in the winter during the Winter Carnival in February. If you liked the city, consider another visit when there is snow on the ground...it is a magical place.

Did you find time to go inside the Chateau Frontenac? It is a beautiful historic building. I have stayed there as a guest three times; although the current prices are beyond my budget.

The ship arrived at 7:00 a.m. and we had to be back onboard at 4:30 p.m. The cruise a couple before ours got to stay overnight in Quebec City because of the hurricane. That would have been nice as well as having snow on the ground. We had breakfast in the Hotel.

Happy cruising,

Mike

Mike,

A friend of mine was on the same cruise and he mentioned that getting on and off the ship in the ports was pretty time consuming. What was your experience?

Bob

We were able to get off the ship right away at each port. We usually wait about 45 minutes after they clear the ship to proceed to the gangway. I guess if you try to get off right away, it could get crowded.

thanks for the great pictures. Does the Explorer have drink servers in the main dining room?

Hello Pach, Besides the Head Waiter and our Server, there was a Bread Server as well as a Drink Server. Although, we usually brought ours in from another venue such as the Aquarium bar. Our Server took care of the bottle of wine we ordered though.

Mike

I will get to the labeling soon as well as my cruise review for Cruise Critic. We had a great time on our Canada and Quebec cruise and really enjoyed our balcony with a little help from the weather.

Hope you enjoy,

Mike

Here is the link and look for the Canadian flag:

http://flickr.com/photos/hotsauce34/sets/

Excellent Pictures. We Had Cabin 7688 Booked for our 3/28/2010 12nt Voyage but this Voyage may be cancelled by RCCL due to a possible redeployment. ???????

Archived