Shower stall

Hi_Cees

Being a first time cruiser (Mariner of the Seas) I have spent a lot of time scoping out the boards but you read soooo much it starts to boggle the mind...lol.

This is probably going to sound stupid but does anyone have a pic of a standard interior room bathroom. I'm a little worried about the shower which I read is very slimline. :rolleyes:

Any plus size folks have shower issues ???

Thanks for the info!!!

The showers on RCCL seem especially small. We haven't been in an inside but in both the outside and balcony cabins they are still tight if you aren't "Twiggy" size (boy did I let my age out with that reference). Anyway the tip above about weighing down the shower curtain is a good one.

By the way the Mariner is really a nice ship and you should enjoy it as a first cruise.

Have a great first time cruise.

Yes the curtain will attack you. LOL Take along two or three binder clips. Put them on the bottom of the shower curtain and this will help weigh it down.

The showers on Mariner of the Seas do NOT have shower curtains. They have curved shower doors.

I am a plus size girl and have no problems with the showers on RCCL. If you do have an issue, you can always go up to the spa/gym and use the showers there that are much larger and nicer.

My DH is tall (6') and broad-shouldered, and he has not had problems in any RCI shower stall. That is, as long as they're the ones with the curved sliding doors because the ones that have curtains (such as Radiance and Vision) are simply annoying. Keeping the shower curtain from sticking to you is a PITA. My only other issue, as a "shave my legs daily in the shower" gal, is that I can't put my leg up on the wall to shave. I have to turn off the water, open the door, and then find something to use so I can shave. But really, as that's my biggest RCI shower "problem," it's a pretty small issue.

beachchick

Yes the curtain will attack you. LOL Take along two or three binder clips. Put them on the bottom of the shower curtain and this will help weigh it down.

The flow of water creates a vacuum / air pressure when the head is pointed inward from the curtain. Simply aim the head a bit toward the shower curtain and you will be fine. I'm 6'5' / 200+ and never have "curtain problems".

Every woman has that problem lol - at least because the bathrooms are so small you could just stick your leg out and prop it on the counter. It was such a common problem that one night the headliner comic cracked a joke about it and every woman in the audience cracked up.

My DH is tall (6') and broad-shouldered, and he has not had problems in any RCI shower stall. That is, as long as they're the ones with the curved sliding doors because the ones that have curtains (such as Radiance and Vision) are simply annoying. Keeping the shower curtain from sticking to you is a PITA. My only other issue, as a "shave my legs daily in the shower" gal, is that I can't put my leg up on the wall to shave. I have to turn off the water, open the door, and then find something to use so I can shave. But really, as that's my biggest RCI shower "problem," it's a pretty small issue.

beachchick

I remember phone booths.... good comparison for size visual thank you!! I hadn't even thought about shaving which is a daily shower ritual. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out with all the suggestions.

Thanks again. :)

The showers on Mariner of the Seas do NOT have shower curtains. They have curved shower doors.

I am a plus size girl and have no problems with the showers on RCCL. If you do have an issue, you can always go up to the spa/gym and use the showers there that are much larger and nicer.

Yep I remember my hubby and daughter saying it reminded them of Star Trek. They said they kept expecting to be "beamed up"! This was a nice feature, as it seemed the shower actually was a little roomier with that design-even though it took up no more room in the bathroom.

Here's a pic of the one we had on Independent of the Seas.... only took the pic cos it had flooded with someone elses foam..... very nice it smelt too.... small yes..... powerful definitely.

n617355351_4584069_5479.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words!

I think I'll let the size of the showers be a surprise to my husband! :)

I always book a regular cabin and the showers and bathroom are ample. Someone can take a shower and still have someone at the sink.

The only cruise I've been on where this would have been feasible is on the Carnival Ecstasy. I had a 1A cabin and was really impressed by the size of the bathroom!

The bathrooms on my Princess and RCCL cruises were too small. Well, technically you could've gotten someone else in there, but their backside would've been really close to the shower door or curtain!

Then again, I haven't been on a cruise yet with a person I'd allow into the bathroom with me! :o

The only cruise I've been on where this would have been feasible is on the Carnival Ecstasy. I had a 1A cabin and was really impressed by the size of the bathroom!

The bathrooms on my Princess and RCCL cruises were too small. Well, technically you could've gotten someone else in there, but their backside would've been really close to the shower door or curtain!

Then again, I haven't been on a cruise yet with a person I'd allow into the bathroom with me! :o

Carnival's fanasty class ahd decent sized showers. But the Miracle, a spirit class ship,had the dinky showers just like Princess.

I have been on 2 Celebrity ships and the showers were a decent size on Celebrity. ON HAL we actually had bathtubs. disney had the best bath room. You had two sinks and two rooms, one rooma a sink and toilet and the other room a sink and bathtub.

To the OP, Mariner of the seas bathrooms are not as dinky as Sovereign of the Seas, so that SOS shower picture is not going to help you.

Hi Cee, there is an alternative.........go to the spa area. In the section with saunas and steam rooms (with separate areas for opposite sexes) there are nice, large showers, which are supplied with shampoo and body wash. You might want to give them a try. We use them all the time, but apologize to our cabin steward about never using the towels in the cabin. Afraid that she will think we never shower.....................:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Archived