Rccl Removes Fuel Supplement!

Broch

Great news! We slipped in under the wire in May, so our surcharge is $35/person, not $70, but it's still money I'd rather have back.Now I just need to decide if I should cancel and rebook in early November for Feb. 2010, or stick it out and see if market conditions work in our favor.

If we didn't care about our stateroom, I'd cancel and rebook with no second thoughts. However, we handpicked our room and I don't want it to vanish in the time it takes for me to hang up, call back, and rebook. Anyone have any experience with this?

Great news! We slipped in under the wire in May, so our surcharge is $35/person, not $70, but it's still money I'd rather have back.Now I just need to decide if I should cancel and rebook in early November for Feb. 2010, or stick it out and see if market conditions work in our favor.

If we didn't care about our stateroom, I'd cancel and rebook with no second thoughts. However, we handpicked our room and I don't want it to vanish in the time it takes for me to hang up, call back, and rebook. Anyone have any experience with this?

It normally takes about 5 minutes after cancelation for the inventory to show again, chances are good that you could cancel and rebook

It will be interesting to see how much cruise fares will go up before 11-10.

I wonder about that also. I imagine that they are going to be VERY busy after November 10th. For one thing, if the prices remain the same I would think that anyone who has the Oasis booked for 2010 will be calling and cancelling and re-booking??!!!

Of course I just booked just 3 days ago for a 2/6/2010 sailing...!! :mad:

Two cabins for me and my family, another cabin for some friends. We have $455 in play here. You can bet that if rates haven't moved up more than that by 11/10, we'll be re-booking...

I know they have to draw the line somewhere. It just stinks that the line was 3 days after we booked! :rolleyes:

In my opinion, while the drop in oil prices is their main explanation, I think other factors also contributed to their decision. And with OPEC cutting oil production, what if oil shoots above $100 a barrel again? Will they re-implement the surcharge? I think not. BTW... I am a shareholder so I follow their stock. There stock is at about $15.75 today down from a 52 week high of $43.96.

I think the recent downgrade of their stock on October 23rd by Goldman Sachs and other analysts also had a hand in this. They have to increase bookings and eliminating the fuel surcharge may help.

"Stock price targets lowered for Carnival, Royal Caribbean

Shares of cruise operators declined as a Goldman Sachs analyst lowered some price targets, saying investors remain wary of companies whose performance is closely tied to discretionary spending.

The cruise industry and other sectors have been squeezed as consumers curb spending due to the housing downturn, diminishing credit and escalating food costs.... "

The analysts have a lot more information than the general public on cruise ship booking and cancellations. And have you seen some of the price cuts and deals that are showing up on RCCL and Celebrity.

This is the third thread on this subject matter in the past 30 minutes.

Well, the OP did say didnt I say I told you so. So she is telling us so again, in spite of the other threads lol.

Im wondering how many threads there will be by tomorrow. lololol. No one seems to want to just post on someone else's thread.

Archived