Charge for special restaurants?

Flyingfish

I'm new to this board, being basically a HAL tripper. Nowhere can I find info regarding extra charges for Oceana's speciality restaurants. I'd be surprised to find they were included in the initial cost, pleasantly for sure.

Are there extra charges? And if so, what is the cost? Thanks

I'm new to this board, being basically a HAL tripper. Nowhere can I find info regarding extra charges for Oceana's speciality restaurants. I'd be surprised to find they were included in the initial cost, pleasantly for sure.

Are there extra charges? And if so, what is the cost? Thanks

Extra charges? Just wine and other alcohol...like everywhere else...

This is one of the nicest aspects of Oceania...Somewhat surprising since they tend to nickel and dime elsewhere...

Of course, one of the theories to why the extra charge for specialty restaurants on most traditional lines is that it's not a charge for the restaurant, but for the service...Since you tip your regular wait staff on HAL or Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, no tip goes to the specialty restaurant wait staff...So, the service charge is their tip...

But, on Oceania, since it is all otherwise open seating, that logic doesn't hold--Your tips are pooled by the entire wait staff--whether they be in the main dining room or in the specialty restaurants...

Of course, being that their is no extra charge, these restaurants tend to be utilized more than on those other lines...everyone on board will use them a couple of times a cruise at the least...Get your reservations made quickly upon boarding as better times tend to fill...

Aren't there charges for bottled water and other soft drinks as well?

Yes they are extra

No extra charge for Expresso or Caupuccinos

I thought exercise classes had a charge as well.

I did not see any exercise classes in the specialty dining rooms but you may need them after some of the meals there.;)

I did not see any exercise classes in the specialty dining rooms but you may need them after some of the meals there.;)

:D Spot on!

BTW, no charge for iced tea either (which we Cincinnati folk drink often instead of water).

As stated, there is no additional charge to dine at the Toscana or Polo Grill. However, reservations are required -- Everyone gets one reservation; concierge class and above get two reservations. One can always request additional reservations on a space-available basis.

The service in both of the specialty restaurants has always proven to be excellent, and although not required, we always leave a tip - but that is totally optional.

Archived