July 4th Cruises

bmytwokids

Does anybody know if any cruise lines that sail on July 4th have any type of firework shows? Or are any fireworks visible from the ship once at sea? I was considering a cruise that leaves on the 4th out of NY and I would love to see some fireworks while at sea. Thanks:)

The 4th of July is an AMERICAN holiday--not everyone on cruises is American! If you are in a port where it's celebrated, then you will see fireworks. Otherwise, nothing special is done. Especially since the ship's aren't even registered in the U.S.

The 4th of July is an AMERICAN holiday--not everyone on cruises is American! If you are in a port where it's celebrated, then you will see fireworks. Otherwise, nothing special is done. Especially since the ship's aren't even registered in the U.S.

Yes, and Christmas is a Christian holiday - not everyone on cruises is Christian either, but the last time I checked that didn't stop the cruise line from putting up a tree and Christmas decorations. I just figured leaving out of NY (of all places - passing the Statue of Liberty) - there would be something. Just checking, but thanks for the input.

That sounds fantastic!!!

I think it will be a fantastic cruise and the price is very reasonable. They were going to see Spamalot musical but it is closing before we get there, so they just asked us to vote for another Broadway musical. Mama Mia seems to be winning so far. I really wanted to see a Broadway musical, so this is perfect to me. So a night out on the town in NYC and then the next day boarding the QM2.

The Cunard board here on CC is very dead, so Im having trouble finding much info. Does Carnival own Cunard?? If so, then maybe I can get OBC.

Mama Mia is a great show. Better than the movie.

Carnival owns Cunard so you should get you cruise credit.

If you can’t find a schedule yet for fireworks in the New York area it is easy to figure it out. They usually aren’t set off until at least half an hour after sunset. If you sail after sun set you have a good chance of seeing them. If you sail earlier you’ll probably be out to sea and too far from land.

As far as celebrating 4th of July on the ship, with Cunard being British I’m not sure how they celebrate their loosing of that war. I’ve been on Holland America twice for the 4th and they had an American themed barbeque on deck and lots of red white & blue decorations and a few sparklers.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ’09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

If you're in Juneau on the 4th of July (I was!), there's a parade down the main street and a fireworks display.

Roz

What time were the fireworks? I thought the sun doesn't set till late, late at night? Were you actually able to see the fireworks from the ship?

Just asking because I have tentatively booked a cruise for next July and will be in Juneau on the 4th.

Let me know ... thanks! :p

Im doing the QM2 over the next July 4th holiday. They are going to be in Boston Harbon on July 4th to watch the fireworks. Staying until midnight for all of the festivities.

That will be fabulous.

We had friends years ago who owned party boats and would take out a boatload on 4th of July. We'd anchor in Boston Harbor and watch the fireworks and sometimes we could hear the Boston Pops Concert on the Esplanade....... Outstanding.

The Cunard board here on CC is very dead, so Im having trouble finding much info. Does Carnival own Cunard?? If so, then maybe I can get OBC.

If by OBC, you mean for being a Carnival Stockholder...... yes, you probably can get the credit if you submit the proof of stock ownership as required.

If by OBC, you mean for being a Carnival Stockholder...... yes, you probably can get the credit if you submit the proof of stock ownership as required.

thanks, I certainly will. Im still waiting to be sure my charge card has been charged for the deposit. Im so excited.

Archived