I'm a Convert!

Soxfan05

Anyone every said "I'D NEVER WEAR ANYTHING LIKE THAT?" and then went back on your word? You either find the look uber comfy or flattering?

I want to hear your confessions! Here's my mea culpa:

I've never been a crocs fan. My kids have them for summer camp and I would borrow them to work the garden or washing the car but would not be seen in public in them.

We have a long dirt road to the beach. With recent precipitation and a new puppy that forces me to walk it :D, I've been wearing my son's Crocs every day! They are quick on and off and can easily be washed off if I step in mud...or worse.

So, yes, I am a convert. I have been seen in public in Crocs!

I have always said that I don't wear white or skirts. Last year I found a really nice skirt at the Coldwater Creek store that was white with a green and black design on the lower part of the skirt. On a whim I tried it on and it was perfect. Great style, comfortable and a size small :). I plan on wearing it on our next cruise also. Now I've been looking at other skirts. Jan

I was never a fan of printed flowy tops. They always made me think of "Mrs. Roper" from Three's Company.

I tried one on this summer on a whim and LOVED the look and feel.

Ditto for empire waist tops. I thought they looked like maternity tops until I found the right one. I wore it to a family event and got lots of compliments.

I was never a fan of printed flowy tops. They always made me think of "Mrs. Roper" from Three's Company.

I tried one on this summer on a whim and LOVED the look and feel.

Ditto for empire waist tops. I thought they looked like maternity tops until I found the right one. I wore it to a family event and got lots of compliments.

Hi Soxfan:) omg...I have never like empire waist tops either!

Until I found 1 at Kohl's that I like;)...its not the type

to bellow out around me so maybe its not a full empire?

Its my favorite color..a deep purple with a fun neckline

and some tonal embroidery....but I gotta say, normally

I hate the way that style of top looks on me:eek:

Several years ago when capris came back in I swore I would never buy them. Thought they would just be a fad that would go out after a season.

By about year 3, I finally broke down and got some. Now that I'm well into my 30's I find I much prefer them to shorts. :)

So you are right, never say never!

I'm more the type of person to watch fads or trendy clothes come and go without any temptation at all. Then, years later when photos reappear with howls of laughter at how silly people looked, I don't have to worry about it being me.

I once tried on a pair of Crocs, just to see if they were comfortable. I didn't happen to think they were and since I don't do any muddy gardening I don't have any use for them. I rarely see them worn around here any more and really thought the fad was over.

I'm more the type of person to watch fads or trendy clothes come and go without any temptation at all. Then, years later when photos reappear with howls of laughter at how silly people looked, I don't have to worry about it being me.

I once tried on a pair of Crocs, just to see if they were comfortable. I didn't happen to think they were and since I don't do any muddy gardening I don't have any use for them. I rarely see them worn around here any more and really thought the fad was over.

Hi Kathy:) I have never owned a pair but from everything

I have seen I don't really think they are a fad anymore.

Too many stores are constantly selling them......around

here anyway....I think folks would throw a tantrum if they

weren't available.

Hi Soxfan:) omg...I have never like empire waist tops either!

Until I found 1 at Kohl's that I like;)...its not the type

to bellow out around me so maybe its not a full empire?

Its my favorite color..a deep purple with a fun neckline

and some tonal embroidery....but I gotta say, normally

I hate the way that style of top looks on me:eek:

Same thing happened to me! Bought one at Burlington Coat Factory and absolutely loved it. I've brought it on my last two cruises.

A few years ago my daughter was looking at photos of me in my 20's with my very high waisted jeans. EEEWWW!! she said.

I told her they would come back into fashion one day.

She said "No way". I'll never wear them. Well they are making a comeback. We'll wait and see if she changes her mind.

Although she's not really a trend follower. I don't mind the lower jeans but not those REAL low ones. I'm long waisted and am forever hitching them up.

Hi Kathy:) I have never owned a pair but from everything

I have seen I don't really think they are a fad anymore.

Too many stores are constantly selling them......around

here anyway....I think folks would throw a tantrum if they

weren't available.

Hi Lois, did you plan that holiday bonus cruise yet :D

I guess I don't pay a lot of attention to Crocs unless I happen to see a person wearing them and I can honestly say I don't remember seeing anyone in them in months. Maybe it's a regional thing. I know Nordstrom near us was carrying them for a while, I haven't seen them in there for a long time (I confess I go there far too often ;)).

Maybe it's a summer thing, more people wearing them in warm weather, I dunno. I am out on the playground at work every day and never see them on any of the kids out there and none of the teachers or playground supervisors wear them. My second job, at the local mall, I people watch all the time. I see a whole lot of Ugg boots and women wearing spikey heels hobbling along, but no Crocs!

I'll start paying more attention, but I do have to say, those are one thing I do notice on a person and not in a good way.

Hi Kathy, no extra plans at this point:)

I put the bonus in the bank. Will look for something later in the year

as I am already sailing next month:D for 10 nights.

But...I have nothing booked after it...not even a deposit

on anything:eek:

Hmmm...well...I did go 33 years without Nikes! After foot surgery I needed some comfortable shoes so I broke down and bought some. Now I have two pairs, one for bumming around in and one for Jazzercise! ;)

Hi Sassy:)

Glad Nikes work for you.

My feet are not narrow or wide as I wear a "medium width" but

every single time I have tried Nikes they have always been

too narrow.

I believe Reebocks and Nikes are opposites;)

Have always been able to wear the first...never the other.

Several years ago when capris came back in I swore I would never buy them. Thought they would just be a fad that would go out after a season.

By about year 3, I finally broke down and got some. Now that I'm well into my 30's I find I much prefer them to shorts. :)

So you are right, never say never!

Ditto on capris... I never thought I would wear them, and now I also prefer them to shorts.... who knew!?

Hi Sassy:)

Glad Nikes work for you.

My feet are not narrow or wide as I wear a "medium width" but

every single time I have tried Nikes they have always been

too narrow.

I believe Reebocks and Nikes are opposites;)

Have always been able to wear the first...never the other.

I definitely have to fit the left foot as it is more...uhh...bumpy than the right foot. I tried on several brands, but ended up liking the fit of the Nikes best. My fellow Jazzercisers swear by Rykas (sp?), but I haven't tried them yet. I'm just happy I can jump around on my foot :D it's been 2 years since the surgery and it's been better than I could have hoped for.

p.s. I still haven't bought any Crocs! ;)

Archived