Here is a new dinning room dress question

DG2004

I say... worry about yourself, and not what other people are wearing to the dining room...

People paid for their vacations, and they should be allowed to wear whatever they want. Why does other people's dress really affect you?

I think the complaints about the actual clothing are just peoples way of verbalizing their displeasure.

I doubt that any of us really care if it is a sweat stained Redman Tobacco hat or a brand new Rolls Royce hat, or WHATEVER the inappropriate article of clothing.

It is the rude, inconsiderate attitude of the wearer that distress some. And the sadness for the obvious social ineptness that bother others.

None of us really cares to see our "fellow" human beings conducting themselves worse than chimpanzees.

In less than a tenth of a second we note the inappropriate dress and think, "Rude Ignoramus" or "unmannered sloth." Then dismiss them from thought, forever.

Dan

sanctimonious a$$.

If expecting all of us to conduct ourselves somewhat above the lowest possible self indulgent slugs. And hoping that there is a tiny spark of manners and consideration for one another still out there is the prerequisite to bring a sanctimonious a$$.

There I will wear the badge proudly.

Dan

Alas...one reason I avoid Carnival like the plague. It's bad enough on RCI at times but I've heard so many horror stories about Carnival I don't think I'd sail the line if they gave me a ticket.

I agree with you 100% that ignorance is bliss!!

If expecting all of us to conduct ourselves somewhat above the lowest possible self indulgent slugs. And hoping that there is a tiny spark of manners and consideration for one another still out there is the prerequisite to bring a sanctimonious a$$.

There I will wear the badge proudly.

Dan

Well Dan, I guess that would make me a sanctimonious a$$ as well...

Taking the rules that have been explained by some to the next logical step.

If you have been sitting in the sun around the pool wearing a cap to protect your head and decide to go to the Lido buffet, it seems that you are required to take the hat off and expose your sweaty smelly hat head to the world?

So my question to everyone who said you must remove your hat inside, is that really what you mean or do you mean that you should remove your had whenever there is a roof over your head?

In a nutshell there is no excuse for poor manners, I'm sorry but it is never correct to wear a baseball hat in any restaurant. Just because today's generation does it doesn't make it aright. It just shows poor upbringing,mostly it is because men today are to lazy to get up in the morning take a shower and god forbid comb their hair. I have sons who wear baseball caps all the time but not while eating, because I taught them better and would not allow them to eat unless they removed their hats first. Saying that modern times allow this is just bull, it is still bad manners and will always be bad manners, being a slob is no excuse. Fire away because I don't buy your arguments and never will. There will always be people who observe the rules of civility. Even having this argument just shows how we as a society have sunk to the depths we are currently in. While traveling all over the world serving in the US Army I never encountered bad manners except at home in the good old USA must be a good reason for it. I say we just don't teach our children proper manners anymore. Nuff said.

In a nutshell there is no excuse for poor manners, I'm sorry but it is never correct to wear a baseball hat in any restaurant. Just because today's generation does it doesn't make it aright. It just shows poor upbringing,mostly it is because men today are to lazy to get up in the morning take a shower and god forbid comb their hair. I have sons who wear baseball caps all the time but not while eating, because I taught them better and would not allow them to eat unless they removed their hats first. Saying that modern times allow this is just bull, it is still bad manners and will always be bad manners, being a slob is no excuse. Fire away because I don't buy your arguments and never will. There will always be people who observe the rules of civility. Even having this argument just shows how we as a society have sunk to the depths we are currently in. While traveling all over the world serving in the US Army I never encountered bad manners except at home in the good old USA must be a good reason for it. I say we just don't teach our children proper manners anymore. Nuff said.

You're not the only military man here who said this...right on brother, right on...

This..my manager went to the office pot luck this week, wearing a baseball hat. He's on his second round of chemo.

Two good friends of mine are going through chemo now. You can usually tell the difference between someone who's wearing a hat for that reason and someone who just doesn't want to take a hat off. There are little tip-offs, like a pretty much bare head where there should be hair on the sides.

i dont wear hats that often, but i think iam going to start wearing one to the dining rooms every night of the cruise, just in hopes that i ruin someones dinner. yall need to get a life. i always read on here "i would have said this" or "i would have done that" none of you would say anything in person, because you would not want the repercussions of what would happen after you said it.

Oh really? What repercussions would they be? :rolleyes: I'm sure you'll look even better wearing your baseball cap in the dinning room while publically bereating a woman.

I say... worry about yourself, and not what other people are wearing to the dining room...

People paid for their vacations, and they should be allowed to wear whatever they want. Why does other people's dress really affect you?

That's great, but when your the hat you've been wearing for days stinks of sweat and your pitted-out Marlboro miles tvshirt is putting on an impressive display of the little dangly deodorant balls stuck in you armpit hair, you're now affecting me with your malodorous self.

After my husband had brain surgery to remove cancerous tumors he did in fact wear a baseball cap in several restaurants so the servers and customers didn't have to look at his bald areas and bloody staples. Should we have not gone out to eat while he was healing? :rolleyes:

###

After my husband had brain surgery to remove cancerous tumors he did in fact wear a baseball cap in several restaurants so the servers and customers didn't have to look at his bald areas and bloody staples. Should we have not gone out to eat while he was healing? :rolleyes:

###

I hope your husband is doing well.

For every person with a bonifide reason, there are hundreds, or thousands that are just showing their lack of consideration for others. And that consideration is a necessary, even essential part of living in society.

Dan

Here in Texas cowboy hats are considered part of formal wear. :D

As for baseball caps in the dining room I don't think they should be allowed. It won't ruin my good time but it's just the principal of good manners. My mom always says the worst thing she taught me was to follow the rules and use good manners. Because nobody else these days does!!! :rolleyes:

No, your mama taught you well---even if you are the only one showing GOOD manners. And, that's what this all comes down to.

Someone can say her husband wears his cap all the time because he's going bald---or for whatever other reason. It's all a manners thing.

Soem people just don't get it---or CARE--that in a fancy restaurant (NOT a sports bar or arena!!) or a formal dining room, you take your hat off!

Manners---you either have'em or you don't!

By that logic, nobody should object to nude or topless sun bathing.

DON

If you are objecting to either you are equating nudity with sex, and with grown ups they should not be the same. There is no reason that I can see to object to either. That doesn't mean that you have to participate or observe but why, if you are an adult should it matter to you?

The Carnival dress code does not permit hats on Elegant evenings, but does not say anyhting about them on Cruise Casual nights. Therefore, it is well withing the rules to wear a baseball cap to the dining room on all nights except Elegant nights. Good taste is another issue, but by following the rules people who wear baseball caps are not being rude to anyone.

Archived