Prices Keep Going Down

peedee3400

I just checked on my BD Balcony room on Ruby for the Feb 14 sailing and the price is higher than what I paid. I was all geared up to call Princess and demand an OBC. Oh well, I guess I can spare them today. :D

If you would have called and demanded an OBC you probably wouldn't have gotten it since you are already past final payment.:) I guess if you complained enough they might have given you something as witnessed by the post by one of the post above.

Bill

well. the day after our final payment the price went down 325pp, we are 6.

our TA called princess, they told him they are in business to make money, so the next day I called, they wouldn't do a thing. this is our first cruise with princess and our last, we didn't like their attitude over the phone. we are not newbies to cruising our friends and us have been on a total of 60 cruises combined in the last 8 years. the economy is real bad right now and I think a lot of the ships are not filled, so of course they are lowering the prices. but what happens to the person who has booked early. they should show a little consideration. we have never had a problem with rcl, celebrity, ncl or even their father company, carnival. I am sure we will have a wonderful cruise, which is a few weeks and it certainly has nothing to do with the ship or staff on it, its all corporate. I have always said when people get greedy they loose at the end and that go's for businesses as well. I guess that's why our economy is so bad.

I have been checking Princess on May 24th out of NYC and the prices dropped about $200 after the fuel surcharge was removed, but that is for a balcony guarantee and the upper categories of balconies are substantially higher so they are still playing games with prices. I guess I will just wait since I want a defined room and the prices will most certainly come down further :)

Our Southern Caribbean cruise for May 2009 also dropped today. I was really excited about saving $200 until I read how much everyone else saved. Now I'm sad. :cool: Well, not really. But I will be watching the price closely until final payment.

We, unfortunately, have made our final payment for our Feb. cruise on the Grand, and as of today prices for our cabin dropped by $700.00. We tried to get the new price, but because final payment has been made, we would lose just about that amount by cancelling now and rebooking. Doesn't hardly seem worth the trouble, but DH called Princess to complain anyway. They offered us an upgrade to a mini suite(which we don't want due to cabin location), or an OBC of 100.00. Apparently the mini suites are not selling so fast. He voiced his displeasure, but it fell on deaf ears as it were!! But at least we let somebody know that we thought it was unfair:rolleyes: So if anyone wants a really good deal on a 14 day in Feb., today is the day to book! I think the answer is to wait to book a cruise till the last possible minute you and just keep watching the prices fall:D

Wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this?

Those price drops are flash promotions for new bookings only. I think you were very fortunate to get an offer for an upgrade (not their fault you didn't take it) and then OBC: I'd be delighted with either.

well. the day after our final payment the price went down 325pp, we are 6.

our TA called princess, they told him they are in business to make money, so the next day I called, they wouldn't do a thing. this is our first cruise with princess and our last, we didn't like their attitude over the phone. we are not newbies to cruising our friends and us have been on a total of 60 cruises combined in the last 8 years. the economy is real bad right now and I think a lot of the ships are not filled, so of course they are lowering the prices. but what happens to the person who has booked early. they should show a little consideration. we have never had a problem with rcl, celebrity, ncl or even their father company, carnival. I am sure we will have a wonderful cruise, which is a few weeks and it certainly has nothing to do with the ship or staff on it, its all corporate. I have always said when people get greedy they loose at the end and that go's for businesses as well. I guess that's why our economy is so bad.

Princess won't talk to you if you have a TA. Why didn't your TA call back and get someone else on the phone? That's the first rule of talking to front-line customer service people -- if you don't like their answer the first time, hang up and call back until you get someone reasonable. Sounds like your TA isn't looking out for your interests as aggressively as he could be if he gives up after talking to one obviously rude CSR. Tell him to try again -- after all, he's getting paid to work for you.

The fare on my February cruise dropped after final payment. I called my TA and asked if I could cancel and rebook at the lower rate, without the fuel surcharge. I ended up upgrading to a balcony at the new rate, which was not more than what I had already paid. I am sure they would not have given me the difference back but I was happy to finally afford the cabin I longed for. The first time my TA tried the answer was no, she tried again. The first person said I would have to rebook at brochure price. At no point was the cabin offered at the 'brochure' price:D

Wow, I didn't realize Princess was so...strict about there pricing policy. They other cruise lines I have dealt with, after talking to enough people;), would allow OBC for changes after final payment. Our sail date is not one covered by this sale, but I am hoping for one...before final payment of coarse!

How easy is it to get the lower price? I've been checking the price on Princess and it is going down for our 2010 cruise (still a little bit more than we are paying now). If it goes down to below what we pay (and still before the final payment is due) how do we go about asking for either a reduction or an OB credit?

How easy is it to get the lower price? I've been checking the price on Princess and it is going down for our 2010 cruise (still a little bit more than we are paying now). If it goes down to below what we pay (and still before the final payment is due) how do we go about asking for either a reduction or an OB credit?

If the price decreases before final payment is due:

* if you booked directly with Princess, call them;

* if you booked through a travel agent, call the travel agent and have them call Princess for you.

I booked my August Alaska cruise directly with Princess. Have had 2 price drops since booking. Both times the princess agents were very nice and helpful. We saved $310 the first time and $700 the second time on our mini-suite for the three of us.

Final payment is not due until June 8, so I will continue to check for decreases.

Don't you wish we could do this with airline tickets?

Jamie

Congrats to all on their price drops. Our up coming Aus/NZ Cruise on the Diamond also was lowered by over $400.00. This plus the reduction of the fuel supplement was a nice suprise in these difficult economic times.

Meryy Christmas

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Well the price drop for our feb cruise was only good for one day. we checked online today and it is up $300.00 today! it would have been a wash for us to cancel and rebook, since we were under the 75 days already, so we didn't change anything. Still happy to be going away soon. Have had enough of winter already:eek: I think next time we book, we might take our chances and wait till it gets closer to the time to go. Just need more flexibilty in travel times for that.....someday.....

Happy holidays to all, and to all a cruise:D

Our Southern Caribbean cruise for May 2009 also dropped today. I was really excited about saving $200 until I read how much everyone else saved. Now I'm sad. :cool: Well, not really. But I will be watching the price closely until final payment.

We will both be keeping an eye out! Some of these folks are closer to final payment than us. If it goes down after final payment I'll still call and see what can be done. Would be great to go from an AC mini to a suite!:D OK - I'd be happy with OBC, too...... We also got a residence rate reduction that was in place for about a week in September. I think it was just AZ. We very seldom get those since we're land locked.

I have been tracking our Radiance cruise to Cabo in September. That one is only going UP! I think it is very popular since it is a popular ship, going somewhere besides Ensenada on a short cruise out of San Diego. We on the left coast will grab on to something like that since we have so few choices. I think RCI knows that.

We are also on the June 2nd. cruise out of NY and have not been notified of any decrease in price. We have a balcony room also.

Extremely unlikely that you or anyone else will be notified about price drops. You have to monitor pricing and call your TA when price drops occur. That's just the way it works.

Archived