hotels in fort lauderdale

Ricky Chan

Can anyone suggest a hotel in fort lauderdale that offer free shuttle bus service from airport and to cruise port? I am looking at US$100.00 to 150.00 price range per night.

Thanks in advnace

Ricky

i am not sure about shuttle's at any hotel but Embrassy Suites is near the port. if you want more high end look at Pier 66 or one of those.

Can anyone suggest a hotel in fort lauderdale that offer free shuttle bus service from airport and to cruise port? I am looking at US$100.00 to 150.00 price range per night.

Thanks in advnace

Ricky

I'm trying the Rodeway Inn and Suites airport/cruise port. It's $99 US and claims airport and cruise port shuttle.

The best I could find was Sleep Inn Daina FL. Free airport pickup and free dropoff at cruise port. $145.00 . JAN I found is a hard month for cheep rates. Vick the manager seemed very acomadating. Also is a free large breakfest buffet . I tried all including embasy suites but jan rate was $229 for king. CARL

Thanks in advnace

Ricky

In November we stayed at the Hyatt Place on 10th Avenue. I think the rate was $159 which is slightly above your range. Their shuttle picked us up at the airport (15 minute wait, 10 minute ride). The shuttle took us to the ship the following morning (a 10 minute ride). The shuttle was included in the room rate.

The Embassy Suites offers a package which includes trasport to the pier (it's the one we booked for our cruise:))http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES/index.do

Embassy Suites is a great hotel to stay in and if you book the cruise pkg it includes shuttle to the pier, but not from the airport. It included a very good buffet breakfast with made to order eggs, any way you want them. The only problem is that the cost is way over what the OP wants to spend.

We stayed one time at the Comfort Inns & Suites on Federal Hgwy and were not impressed, it was just ok. It did have shuttle to airport and pier, plus a free breakfast which was not great. The price is usually good, so I wouldn't rule it out.

The Holiday Inn is usually a reasonable price. I have friends who have stayed there and been happy with it.

sue

The Comfort Inns & Suites wasn't really "great" but it was clean, one night and the shuttle also took us to meet other friends at a pre-arranged restaurant so that's why we decided to do it again. Having the "down time" prior to the cruise worked for us and we could actually walk to 17th Street where all the action is.

It's a matter of choice and price. We love the Embassy Suites and a few others. We've stayed at the Renaissance (way over price these days) and it was lavish. We've stayed at the old Amerisuites - it was just okay but clean and centrally located. I guess it's all according to our pocketbooks and what we're looking for in hotels. Many of our cruise critic friends on the cruise with us in March are staying on the beach at the Marriott and love it. Wish we could come earlier, we'd do the same but for 1 night cheaper works.

Whatever you decide would depend on how long you'll be in FLL pre-cruise.

In November we stayed at the Hyatt Place on 10th Avenue. I think the rate was $159 which is slightly above your range. Their shuttle picked us up at the airport (15 minute wait, 10 minute ride). The shuttle took us to the ship the following morning (a 10 minute ride). The shuttle was included in the room rate.

When did you go to the Hyatt? .. we are staying there in Jan--got a rate of about $169 plus local tax ( which I recall is high) but the rate was much better than the Holiday Inn Express...The Hyatt looks refurbished from when it was Amerisuites so we hope it will be Ok for two nights--it is near everything ...shops, restaurants etc..close to port..free shuttle & continental breakfast...has a pool...

The Comfort Inn on Stirling was one of our least fav places--it was dumpy, outside luggage storage in some type of shed or trailer til you check in, outside room entrances & a creaky elevator...pool was not clean at all,,,It was out of the way on a large highway -- we walked to a shopping center to eat dinner. I also recall that the rooms were comfy & clean--has a small tiki bar -- just not for us...

We're sailing 2/22...booked a room several months ago at the Hampton Inn Airport North...supposedly near Port Everglades. Best King rate was $229 US/night, plus taxes. When I checked back recently, no rooms were available. Checking other hotels for better rates and still get the message 'no room at the Inn'. This rate seems high compared with $$'s other posters are quoting. Any insights as to whether this hotel is worth the $$$'s? or should I have booked another hotel closer to the ship for what I'm paying here?

Thanks for your help.

u

We're sailing 2/22...booked a room several months ago at the Hampton Inn Airport North...supposedly near Port Everglades. Best King rate was $229 US/night, plus taxes. When I checked back recently, no rooms were available. Checking other hotels for better rates and still get the message 'no room at the Inn'. This rate seems high compared with $$'s other posters are quoting. Any insights as to whether this hotel is worth the $$$'s? or should I have booked another hotel closer to the ship for what I'm paying here?

Thanks for your help.[/QUOT

A lot of hotels in FLL will put 2 or 3 nt minimums in place over weekends in high season. My advice would be to reserve something will work for your needs and can be cxld without penalty up until a week or so before your trip. Then continue to monitor rates. In some cases hotels will lift restrictions and sometimes even drop rates in order to fill.

I plan to stay in the property prior to my cruise on the Solstice. Does anyone know if there is a moderately priced restaurant within walking distance from the hotel? I understand the restaurant in the hotel is very good, but a bit pricey. I would rather put my bucks towards cocktails on the ship!

We are originally from Ft. Lauderdale and every time we cruise, we stay at the Plantation Hampton Inn. They offer a free shuttle to the port. They are in the suburbs adjacent to the Broward Mall and plenty of restaurants (chili's, Fridays, Carrabbas, etc.) are within walking distance. The last few times we have stayed there (the last being in April of 2008), the rate (winter season rate) was $160/night. By calling them directly, we were able to get a better rate. Of course there are AARP and AAA rates available as well. They do offer the free breakfast and an evening social hour with some snacks.

Prices for all hotels vary greatly depending on the date. It is now high season and will remain so until mid -April. We will be staying at a Hampton Inn near the airport and cruiseport. It includes transport from the airport and to the cruiseport and also a substantial breakfast. We stayed there once in late April and it was approx $119. Our upcoming stay is on March 28 and the cost for this is $189 I don't think you'll find anything in your price range that includes transport from the airport, to the cruiseport , and breakfast if your stay is from n ow until mid-April

When did you go to the Hyatt? .. we are staying there in Jan--got a rate of about $169 plus local tax ( which I recall is high) but the rate was much better than the Holiday Inn Express...The Hyatt looks refurbished from when it was Amerisuites so we hope it will be Ok for two nights--it is near everything ...shops, restaurants etc..close to port..free shuttle & continental breakfast...has a pool...

The Comfort Inn on Stirling was one of our least fav places--it was dumpy, outside luggage storage in some type of shed or trailer til you check in, outside room entrances & a creaky elevator...pool was not clean at all,,,It was out of the way on a large highway -- we walked to a shopping center to eat dinner. I also recall that the rooms were comfy & clean--has a small tiki bar -- just not for us...

We stayed at the Hyatt November 9th. We paid $159 for the night. The hotel looks recently refurbished. I am not familiar with it from when it was Amersuites. The lobby is small and there is an area next to the lobby for the continental breakfast, which as I remember it was OK. The room was clean if a little small. It is set up with two areas with a partial wall separating the sofa area from the bed. There is a 42" flat panel HDTV mounted on the wall between the two areas. The TV can be swiveled to face either the sofa or the bed. The bathroom is small but useable. The room was comfortable. I would stay there again. We walked about a block to the Outback Steakhouse restaurant for dinner. There were other restaurants and shoping within walking distance, but we didn't go to any of these.

golden gopher, we just stayed at that Rodeway Inn Airport Ft. Lauderdale precruise Dec. 3-5. It is a very basic hotel, in the middle of nowhere. They do offer free airport and cruiseport shuttle, but they will only pick up at the airport until 10 PM. Our plane, due in at 8 PM, arrived at 10:30, and we had to take a cab.

Also, lots of pets at this motel. Our room the first night was next to a room with a dog that barked all night. The walls seemed thin, and we also heard their TV til all hours. We changed rooms for the second night, and it was ok.

We probably would not stay there again.

Keep checking the hotel websites for specials, etc. We booked the Renaissance several months ago. For about a week, the price for our room in February dropped to $129 - then it went back up to $240 or so. We jumped on the cheaper price and now there aren't any more rooms available for the night we booked.

I must say I'm blown away by the high prices for rooms in Fort Lauderdale. What's up with that? I remember Fort Lauderdale being spring break heaven. I guess that's one way to keep the college partiers out. :D I assume the high prices have something to do with the number of cruise ships sailing from Fort Lauderdale.

I used Hotwire.com for a room this coming April. I got the Extended Stay America at he Marina for $58. This is Hotwire's usual 2 star hotel for the area. They offer free shuttles from the airport and to Port Canaveral.

Paul

I was told that the Best Western Oceanside wasn't a great hotel to stay in. We spent 3 days there in November, they had a decent pool, very good hot buffet breakfast(people were coming from the Sheraton Yankee Clipper which is right beside it on the beach as the price was cheaper and the Sheraton does not include breakfast) The room was clean. We were close to the water ferries and lots of restaurants. We actually stayed on the Sheraton's beach. We paid $10 for an umbrella but nothing for the chairs. It was only a $20 taxi ride to the port.

We will stay there again next year. Around $125 per night in November

Ontario Cruiser

Archived