LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Does this also apply to Chops? The on-line reservation states maximum of 6.

Mary, we had 10 at our table, at Chops, on the Brilliance Med cruise. I've got a group going to the Panama Canal and we'll have about 16 ... so I expect that they'll have to split us into 2 tables.

Interesting, although Chops could accommodate 10, Portofino made us split into 2 tables (4+6) ... :rolleyes:

I think that we are all hoping to hear more from Carol......as this is her thread.

If you want a quick daily update from one of Carols roomates, Cindy you could access her blog at:

http://www.canadiancruisediva.blogspot.com/

Now, back to the regularly scheduled show!!:D:D

Rick

Thanks for the link, Rick. We had fun with Cindy and Dave on the Vision.;)

Stupid SeaPasses stopped working, Rick, JUST in the computers. Had to have new cards made three times. P'ed me off big time.

:)

Sorry to hear that Bobbie has a pretty bad cold today.

I'm a bit hoarse from lots of celebrating last night. :D :D :D

More later....have to get ready for drinking, er, dinner.

I had that happen to me on the Explorer. Had to have the card redone 3 times. Don't know why it kept demagnatizing. I'm enjoying reading your posts and cruising along with you.

On Wednesday, we crossed the equator. This requires special ceremonies and sacrifices to Neptune.

I was one of the "polliwogs" sacrificed. Others included two CC'ers, SoonerBCruisin (Roy) and cruzr4ever (Len). We were accused of a crime, found guilty, sentenced to walk the plank, smeared with "whale snot" (whipped cream) and sent into the pool.

I will have pictures shortly - my own laptop refused to connect tonight, so I'm back on the ship's computer. And it took HALF AN HOUR to upload the few pictures I posted last night. That's 30 x .37, just to upload to webshots, and doesn't include posting to CC.

After the sacrifices were made, Abe accused King Neptune of being a fake, and tore off his beard and mask. Then the "real" King Neptune appeared - Captain Johnny, of course.

He said that the trickery had make him very angry, and we were being denied permission to cross the equator, and he had given orders that the ship be turned back.

Sure enough, the ship turned, rather suddenly. (we were told later that it listed 4 degrees - it was enough for the water from one pool to pour over into the other one.)

Ok, I admit it - I did not like that one bit. I talked to Gail later, and she too had a bad reaction.

All in all, the pool deck shenanigans were fun. Lots of people have "compromising" photos of me, which they have promised to share.

Another glorious sea day. I don't understand how anyone can dislike living like this.

We did very well in the Cruise Director's Trivia Bowl today, getting the high score.

Len also ran a miniature golf tournament, and *my* team won! There was a cash entry fee, and the prizes came from that money. That was FUN!

The singer tonight was wonderful. He is another Broadway guy, and his name is Jordan Bennett. Would someone please google him for me? What is his real name? (he clearly was NOT born with that name)

The Film Festival is going very well. So far they have shown West Side Story, The King and I, and Hairspray. I watched the first and the third ones.

A very cool thing happened tonight.

I have adopted one of the dancers. He reminds me so much of my son.

He was also in the Equator Crossing show, and while we were "mustering" in the Windjammer and preparing for our big appearance, there was some general *down* time. Austin came over to me and whispered, "would you get me some waffles?" So I went over and got him and his friends a huge plate of waffles and syrup. They were so hungry that they ate with their hands before I could get them forks. They aren't allowed to eat in the Windjammer most of the time.

Yesterday, I had the backstage tour, and I left him a note on his box of props. "Dear Austin, Break a leg. Love, Mom" I also was talking to our guide about him - she is the Dance Captain.

Tonight he came up to me and thanked me for the note. He also told me that because I had "mentioned him positively" to his supervisor, he received what they call an "opportunity card." This entitles him to certain privileges. He has been given access to the WJ for the rest of the cruise!

I'm so proud of my baby! ;)

From Wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Bennett

Jordan Bennett

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jordan Bennett (born Jordan Bennett Suffin) is an American actor, singer, writer and songwriter. Jordan Bennett [1] began his career in the fabled Catskill Mountains in upstate New York as a singer and comedian. While there, he worked with such legendary performers as Red Buttons [2] and Milton Berle [3]. He then went on to Broadway where he costarred with John Cullum [4] in the hit musical Shenandoah. Jordan also starred on Broadway as Cyrano de Bergerac in Cyrano The Musical [5].

In Los Angeles, Jordan starred as Jean Valjean in the original L.A. production of Les Misérables [6]. He has performed in many other musical theatre shows since that time.

On television, Jordan has had recurring roles in The Waltons [7], Too Close For Comfort [8] and Emergency [9]. Jordan starred in the cult classic B-film, Ninja III: The Domination [10]. He also appears in the Carl Reiner film, Bert Rigby You're A Fool [11].

Jordan performs his one man show in venues all around the world [1] and has been writing songs and musicals [12] occasionally writing with nine time grammy winner, Eddie Palmieri [13].

Did I tell you about the special dinner in Chops? I don't think so, so here goes........

First, we had our pictures taken with Captain Johnny. We not only had individual pictures, we had a Royal Divas picture. These were later presented to us as a gift. :)

We were all seated at tables with place cards. Each table had some staff. We had Adolf Netsch, the Food and Beverage Manager. What a friendly, fun guy, despite his name! We had a blast, and it was definitely the gaiest table. We also had Kym and Roberto, who are engaged - they both are in the Sea Trek shop - he's the supervisor.

I could not see who was there, except for Bobbie, because we were led directly to our table. The wine was poured endlessly, white and red. Water was bottled, of course, with your choice of San Pelligrino or Evian.

We had a special menu, with three appetizer choices, three main choices, and two dessert choices.

Most of us, including me, had the portabello mushroom appetizer and the filet mignon. Fantastic. Then I forced myself to have the mudslide pie, although I was a good girl and didn't eat it all. Adolf was being good and had the shrimp cocktail and the fish dinner. :)

It all began at 8:15, and we didn't leave until 11 something. (missing the Love & Marriage Show). We had begun our evening in the Lotus Lounge, and Indi kept refilling my Cosmo glass when I wasn't looking, so I was already "happy" when we arrived.

Everyone looked SO beautiful in their formalwear - men in tuxes, ladies in their nicest duds. It was SUCH a treat and a privilege to be included in this special dinner, although I'm still not sure why we were. Supposedly, the requirement was 45 or more cruises, which we only qualified for if you added mine and Cindy's together. :D

All in all, a major enhancement and addition to our cruise experience so far.

Having a great time, wish you were all here!!!!!!!

From Wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Bennett

Jordan Bennett

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jordan Bennett (born Jordan Bennett Suffin) is an American actor, singer, writer and songwriter. Jordan Bennett [1] began his career in the fabled Catskill Mountains in upstate New York as a singer and comedian. While there, he worked with such legendary performers as Red Buttons [2] and Milton Berle [3]. He then went on to Broadway where he costarred with John Cullum [4] in the hit musical Shenandoah. Jordan also starred on Broadway as Cyrano de Bergerac in Cyrano The Musical [5].

In Los Angeles, Jordan starred as Jean Valjean in the original L.A. production of Les Misérables [6]. He has performed in many other musical theatre shows since that time.

On television, Jordan has had recurring roles in The Waltons [7], Too Close For Comfort [8] and Emergency [9]. Jordan starred in the cult classic B-film, Ninja III: The Domination [10]. He also appears in the Carl Reiner film, Bert Rigby You're A Fool [11].

Jordan performs his one man show in venues all around the world [1] and has been writing songs and musicals [12] occasionally writing with nine time grammy winner, Eddie Palmieri [13].

Yes, that's our guy. I'm surprised about the name - it just doesn't sound like the name of someone who grew up in Brooklyn!!!!!

(thanks, Theron!)

Carol,

So happy to hear you are absolutely having the time of your life! We just got off our three day Monarch . . . that's very, very small potatos compared to your cruise.

However, we recently just booked the Oasis maiden voyage 12/1 4 day Labadee shorty (with some encouragement from the Monarch LA). Today, the prices for the Oasis jumped up. Evidentlly, it is selling quite well. Just an FYI, if you wanna do the Oasis 12/1 maiden voyage, the prices are on the upside. Not shore how you stand on Oasis, but a large bunch of us are going on 12/1, if you care to join us, check it out with your LA.

Have a great time around the horn!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for the update Carol!! Sounds like the Captains dinner party was a huge success!! What fun!! Did the group take over Chops for the evening???

Not many hours now and you will be docked at Salvador De Bahia, Brazil.

Please........if you see Bobbie........remind her to "take pictures"!!:D

Rick

PS............your cabin is still open for the 3rd leg. You need to see the LA very soon!!

Sure enough, the ship turned, rather suddenly. (we were told later that it listed 4 degrees - it was enough for the water from one pool to pour over into the other one.)

Ok, I admit it - I did not like that one bit. I talked to Gail later, and she too had a bad reaction.

Carol, I'm not surprised. I think anyone that knows you would forgive you for a bad reaction to that.

Archived