LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

We were accused of a crime, found guilty, sentenced to walk the plank, smeared with "whale snot" (whipped cream) and sent into the pool.

Whale snot!!!!! :eek:

How lucky can you get? :confused:

I already told my husband we were very deprived because we couldn't be on this cruise. :D:D:D:D

Why not just let her rack up her Seapass and pay off the credit card bill later? You can tell I know how to defer the pain!:p:D

Yup, we always delay the pain until the final bill comes in. :):):)

With one exception. We were on the Monarch with Rick & Bobbie and had so much OBC our bill was only $35. But it was a 3 night cruise. :D

We had 8 at our table in Chops on the Radiance.

We also had a family table for 8 in the MDR on the Soveriegn.

They do try to accommodate. :)

Would you believe he has a picture for that too?

LunchTable-391.jpg

'May I take your order?' asks the waitress..

This was our table for eight in Chops Grille.

I found it a bit crowded and would have preferred six

but I'm being fussy so just ignore me..

Yup, we always delay the pain until the final bill comes in. :):):)

With one exception. We were on the Monarch with Rick & Bobbie and had so much OBC our bill was only $35. But it was a 3 night cruise. :D

Let's see Nancy.......as I recall one night we were all at the Captains table........drinking free wine.........and one evening was in our cabin, drinking the good stuff.........as I recall.........our bill was about zilch as well!!:D;)

Rick

Let's see Nancy.......as I recall one night we were all at the Captains table........drinking free wine.........and one evening was in our cabin, drinking the good stuff.........as I recall.........our bill was about zilch as well!!:D;)

Rick

Is this the good life or what????? :confused::cool::cool::cool:

Rick

How could I forget! :eek:

One night Terry L, the hotel manager who I love dearly, set us all up in Jade for dinner. No one else was allowed in and we had several bottles of complimentary wine. :) Excellent.

But I still used all my OBC in the spa as I usually do. :D

WE WON THE CRUISE DIRECTOR"S TRIVIA BOWL!!!!!

Congrats Carol!!!

In honor of your win, I tried to arrange some personalized tours courtesy of the good ole U.S. government down there in South America. No luck though.....something about a clearance.:rolleyes:

You'll just have to come back to KW! ;)

Patti.............I was just going to say the same thing. The next leg starts January 19th........that's Monday, out of Rio. The ship is closed out.......and shows on some sites that it is "sold out".

On the last leg...........out of Valparaiso........there are almost as many empty cabins as there were when the ship sailed from Florida.

So..........either we have an immersion cruise, with lots of local flavors, and a totally different menu for this next leg...........or because it's an international port......not normally used for boarding by RCCL, they closed it out yesterday.

I wanted to get Bobbie an additional amount of money that she could use........thru an OBC.........and was told that yesterday was the last day that I could do that.

Obviously..........someone is going to give us a report Monday.......as to the real status!!:)

Rick

I forgot that they were not boarding until Rio. I will be most interested to read Carol's post on Monday. :p

I am enjoying this thread immensely. Not sure if they are allowing boarding in Salvador but if they did then Patti you've said a mouthful.:eek:

They are in for a real treat.............wouldn't ya say! And I don't mean the English speaking guests!!!:D

Congrats on winning a pile of cr_z cr_p, as we call it.

And you have 2 more legs to go. Bet your daughter will love it when you show up home and give her 2 keychains, 3 water wallets, 4 id cases, 5 RCI ballpens.......................:D

Our team won on our Hawaii cruise on Radiance last September and we all got trophies and a group photo.

The prizes we got on Radiance last September for the individual day prizes were really nice and NEW.

Congratulations Carol for winning the Marathon Trivia Bowl.

WHEW!! Just finished reading this thread. Lots of posts. Interesting!

My DH and I have been invited to the 2 night pre-inaugural cruise on Feb 20. Since we have not been on the Mariner before I'd like to know if there are any specialty restaurants beside Chops. Also what the charge is. Thanks

Janet

Congrats Carol!!!

In honor of your win, I tried to arrange some personalized tours courtesy of the good ole U.S. government down there in South America. No luck though.....something about a clearance.:rolleyes:

You'll just have to come back to KW! ;)

Oh, there are certainly nefarious doings down here that our government should investigate. Apply again, Paul!!!!!!! ;):D

Carol,

So happy to hear you are absolutely having the time of your life! We just got off our three day Monarch . . . that's very, very small potatos compared to your cruise.

However, we recently just booked the Oasis maiden voyage 12/1 4 day Labadee shorty (with some encouragement from the Monarch LA). Today, the prices for the Oasis jumped up. Evidentlly, it is selling quite well. Just an FYI, if you wanna do the Oasis 12/1 maiden voyage, the prices are on the upside. Not shore how you stand on Oasis, but a large bunch of us are going on 12/1, if you care to join us, check it out with your LA.

Have a great time around the horn!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks, Rick, but it's "back to school" for me in September! No more gallivanting around the world during the "off-season". :(

WHEW!! Just finished reading this thread. Lots of posts. Interesting!

My DH and I have been invited to the 2 night pre-inaugural cruise on Feb 20. Since we have not been on the Mariner before I'd like to know if there are any specialty restaurants beside Chops. Also what the charge is. Thanks

Janet

Janet...........jump over to the meet and mingle site, where you will find a Mariner of the Seas...........Feb 20 2 night thread. I think that all of your questions can be answered there! Let me know if you need a link.

Rick

Chops dinner and Adolf, the F&B director:

He loves Jeff Dunham as much as we do! Adolf, Cindy and I *did* several of the routines as we sat and dined, including "Silence! I KEEL you!!!!" and "Jingle Bombs, Jingle Bombs......"

:D :D :D

FB at Guest Relations is at it again.

(you all remember her: I am worried that she'll end up with an aneurysm from all of her eyerolling. For anyone who doesn't know why I call her "FB", email me at my CC name at aol dot com).

One of our group went to the Purser's Desk and requested that they NOT be upgraded, because they just prefer to stay in their same cabin all three legs.

FB told her, "People need to just go where they are told."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

FB at Guest Relations is at it again.

One of our group went to the Purser's Desk and requested that they NOT be upgraded, because they just prefer to stay in their same cabin all three legs.

FB told her, "People need to just go where they are told."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Carol............go see Annie before she gets off on Monday at the LA desk, say hi to her for me...........and tell her you want to keep your RFS.

Rick

The passenger list on this cruise skew "old". (she said, in the grossest underestimation in human history.....)

How old?

The midnight buffet last night was at 10:30. :p;):cool:

*lol* SO I guess you feel really young on this leg?

Will you be aboard for the 19th one night sailing? I will and look forward to meeting as many of the regulars on here as possible.

Archived