DaveBee....We have lost one of our Members.

sail7seas

I received a very sad e-mail last evening from DaveBee's son. He and I were good 'internet friends' and his son wanted me to know Dave suffered a heart attack and by the time the EMT's reached him, they could not revive him. We have lost a very fine man with a wonderful sense of humor. He only posted here from time to time but read all the time. Whenever he did post, it was something worth reading IMO

I shall miss him. He loved cruising hugely and we became friends because of our mutual love of cruising. We never met in person but missed eachother by days last month. My husband and I left FLL three days before he and his wife arrived in FLL.....we were so sad we would not be able to meet. It was so frustrating to come so close.

I received a very sad e-mail last evening from DaveBee's son. He and I were good 'internet friends' and his son wanted me to know Dave suffered a heart attack and by the time the EMT's reached him, they could not revive him. We have lost a very fine man with a wonderful sense of humor. He only posted here from time to time but read all the time. Whenever he did post, it was something worth reading IMO

I shall miss him. He loved cruising hugely and we became friends because of our mutual love of cruising. We never met in person but missed eachother by days last month. My husband and I left FLL three days before he and his wife arrived in FLL.....we were so sad we would not be able to meet. It was so frustrating to come so close.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to post twice. I edited and hit post twice or some other stupid thing.

I shall be losing my HAL logo signature. Dave hosted many signatures for me and I don't know how or where or what to do to not lose them. I shall miss Dave alot.

Sail, I was hoping you would post this. I was shocked to learn of Dave's passing. He gave so much to others and had been my friend as well. Words alone cannot express how much he will be missed by the many people whose lives he touched through caring, sharing and humor. My sympathies to his family and friends.

S7S, very sorry to hear about your loss. I recall reading one post by him and thinking what an interesting comment it was. There are some posters who really make an impression, one of my favourites is "Bill S" he has a genuine interest in people and his advice always is so enthusiastic. I have "met" some very nice people on this board and have had the pleasure to meet two of them in a setting other than cruising. One lady in Boston, I have met twice for lunch in her City and the other has been a guest at my home for a weekend. We have made many friends on our cruises and are in touch with them by telephone, email or snail mail. YES, I can understand why you will miss your friend DaveBee eventhough you did not get to meet him in person.

Thanks for your nice comments. Dave touched many people....always upbeat when, like all of us, he had reasons to be sad from time to time.

I'm happy that some of the posters here remember him although he did not post all that much.

I shall be losing my HAL logo signature. Dave hosted many signatures for me and I don't know how or where or what to do to not lose them. I shall miss Dave alot.
So sorry to hear about your friend. If you need to relocate your signatures please email me and I can host them on one of my servers.

Sail,

I am sorry you lost such a dear friend.

I have saved your logo to the following web address: http://www.rosemontfloral.com/sail.gif. If you copy that into your signature, you will have it. If you prefer I do not do this, please let me know and I'll take it down.

Erlene

YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!!! I am so appreciative. That is so nice of all of you.

I don't understand all of this hosting stuff and where one has to 'put' these things to keep them so you have really done me a kindness. It was Dave who designed them for me.....and originally taught me how to use them.

It will be a warm memory for me to think of Dave whenever I make a post using that Logo.

I'm going to test each of the locations you have done to see if I can figure out switching it over before his family shuts down Dave's computer things.

My many thanks.

ArubaLisa.....

What a great site you have. You've done a terrific job. I went there to try and find your e-mail addy so I could write you but didn't find it. Your profile here didn't have it either but .....I sure can't complain as my isn't listed either. :)

Thank you for your kindness.

Sail, I am so sorry that you and all of us lost a member of the CC Board, but especially you who kept in contact with him. It is amazing how thru this box we have on our desk that we make wonderful friends thru the internet. I too have made some wonderful friends and only hope if something happens to them that a family member would some how pass on the information. I am sure you will miss him a lot and that he is looking down upon on with a grin that you thought of him so fondly.

Sail, thanks for sharing this with us.

That is so very beautiful. Brings a tear or two......dakrewser.

Dave did love the sea and cruising. He always eagerly looked forward to their next cruise. I hope he has found the perfect ship in heaven to sail into eternity.

Archived