WiFi on Freedom of the Seas

MszKitty

I'm looking for anyone's experience with WiFi connection on the Freedom of the Seas.

My sister is in charge of payroll (among other things) for her company and she will need to access the internet while on our cruise (gotta make sure the employees get paid!). She has to use her own laptop, not the ship's computers. So my questions are...is the WiFi connection good? Is it accesible in the cabins? How much did it cost?

If its not available, how about internet in the ports of San Juan, St Maarten, or St Thomas? (She'd rather not have to do that, but if the ship's WiFi isn't capable, she will have to, I guess.)

This is not something that is an option. She is going to have to take care of this while on vacation.

Thanks for your help and advice.

The wireless internet worked great in cabins 1630 and 1640 last week on Liberty. If you buy the 300 minute package it's 32 cents per minute, or 55 cents if you pay-as-you-go.

The actual internet connection was marginal, and to be expected.

I assume the same would be true on Freedom.

I'm looking for anyone's experience with WiFi connection on the Freedom of the Seas.

My sister is in charge of payroll (among other things) for her company and she will need to access the internet while on our cruise (gotta make sure the employees get paid!). She has to use her own laptop, not the ship's computers. So my questions are...is the WiFi connection good? Is it accesible in the cabins? How much did it cost?

If its not available, how about internet in the ports of San Juan, St Maarten, or St Thomas? (She'd rather not have to do that, but if the ship's WiFi isn't capable, she will have to, I guess.)

This is not something that is an option. She is going to have to take care of this while on vacation.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Hi Laurie -

We have taken our laptop on Freedom and it has worked really well for us. The prices quoted are the same as we have experienced. Connection in the rooms is very good and the advantage to having the laptop in the cabin vs. going to the internet cafe is that when the connection is slow you can logoff and try again in a few minutes in your cabin instead of having to keep checking back in the cafe. I think your sister will be pleasantly surprised how convenient it is! See you soon.

Hi MszKity! We will be on the same cruise!! WooHoo cannot wait!

Did you sign up for the Meet and Mingle? We only need one or two more to be official- :D

Buzymom2....

I am on the FEB 22 sailing...not the MAR 22 sailing with you.

• 3 years later...
Any updates on this. How much is WIFI now and is it accessible in all cabins?

Yes, Freedom has pervasive WiFi now:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

If you are a pair of diamonds in one cabin, check your coupon book. You can

combine both free 30 minute coupons for and hour's worth of internet time.

Then find an additional coupon for a percentage off on a package once you burn

through those free minutes.

I had great WIFI connection in my cabin (and is available in all cabins) but of course

depending on how many pax are online at one time...internet can run very slow like

a dial up system.

Archived