Can I fit 5 people into a room on AoS?

alba216

You might be more comforatble to spend the week together in a phone booth!! :eek:

Seriously, I hope you're joking (we won't even get into the whole 2 year old sleeping in mom and dads bed thing!). But that many people probably isn't even permitted. Nor should it be. It would be awful.

Get (at least) another room and don't make yourselves miserable.

Either I can't count or that is really six? Either way, JS fit up to 4 max.

I've got the same count. A 2 year old counts as a berth, regardless of the sleeping arrangements. No way on the JS. I'd suggest having FIL & MIL get their own room.

I will be me my DW, DD7, DD2, MIL & FIL. It appears we will need 3 beds, basically me, DW & DD2 all sleep together. MIL & FIL sleep together, & DD7 sleeps on her own. Can a junior suite accommodate us?

Six & 1 bathroom? A junior suite is larger then a regular balcony but not that tremendous. I would either get 2 cabins if a balcony is not a concern then get a 1 JS & 1 inside to cut doen on cost. I would never ever attempt it.

You can only book 5 people into a JS if one is under the age of 2. So no that won't be an option for you.

If you want to all be in the same cabin, then your options are a Family Oceanview, a Grand Suite, an Owners Suite, or the Royal Family Suite. With 4 adults though, I would only recommend the Royal Family Suite because it has 2 bedrooms AND most importantly two bathrooms.

And I just realized you actually have 6 people. And your only options if you want to be in the same cabin are the Family Oceanview and the Royal Family Suite. Again, I really would only recommend the Royal Family Suite with 4 adults.

We sailed AOS and had 4 in a GS. Myself-hubby and two older teen boys. They bought in a rollaway bed which was perfect. Anymore-I would of had to go for a bigger room because I like space.

Adjoining rooms or Family Ocean View may be the most cost effective way to go.

Of course Royal Family suite would be the primo option!!

As the others have mentioned, only a family suite will accomodate more than 4 people. Honestly, more than that would not be comfortable - even a JS or GS isn't spacious enough for your family. There are only two "real" beds in every cabin, and the others have to sleep on a bumpy sofa bed or upper births (bunk type beds that come down from the ceiling.)

It would be more economical, not to mention more comfortable, to get two separate cabins. This will give you 4 "real" beds for each of the adults, plus two bathrooms. RCI offers connecting cabins in all categories, so you can still have the feeling of one large room. On AOS, there is a unique combination of cabins on deck 9. The last side-facing balcony cabin connects to an inside. This is a good alternative if two balconies are cost-prohibitive, however there are only two such set-ups on the whole ship. (In the front of deck 9, a balcony connects to an OV).

I will be me my DW, DD7, DD2, MIL & FIL. It appears we will need 3 beds, basically me, DW & DD2 all sleep together. MIL & FIL sleep together, & DD7 sleeps on her own. Can a junior suite accommodate us?

Is your surname Walton?:)

You're talking two adults and a child in a SINGLE bed - yikes! That's what they mean when they say two beds - they are two SINGLE beds that can be pushed together to make a queen. But, as others have already advised, there is no way they would allow you to book six people (yes, your 2 year old is considered a person) in a JS.

I am thinking that a JS can only accommodate a max of 4 people. I would suggest you book another cabin and have adjoining cabins. You all will still be together and have some room to move around in. Also you will have 2 bathrooms which is nice when getting ready for dinner time.

Lol...Thanks for all the responses. I originally wanted adjoining balcony cabins on AoS departing out of San Juan in September 2009, but now that were ready to book I cant find any. So my next thought to get us close together was a suite, but from all the responses it appears that was a very bad idea:o . I think we will just go the route of two different balcony cabins.

Also if any one knows, how far in advance should I prepare to book a cruise in order to get adjoining balcony cabins? Thanks

Lol...Thanks for all the responses. I originally wanted adjoining balcony cabins on AoS departing out of San Juan in September 2009, but now that were ready to book I cant find any. So my next thought to get us close together was a suite, but from all the responses it appears that was a very bad idea:o . I think we will just go the route of two different balcony cabins.

Also if any one knows, how far in advance should I prepare to book a cruise in order to get adjoining balcony cabins? Thanks

Are you looking online for connecting cabins? If so, then be aware that the website doesn't show all available cabins. You would be better off calling to find what you want.

I agree with the above poster. Call RCI directly, and ask what's available to suit your needs. You may find that there are connecting or adjacent balconies available even thought none appear on the webiste. Or, you may find one of the unusual balcony-inside or balcony-OV combos are open. Or, you may wish to book a balcony with an inside or promenade across the hall. The customer service agents are very helpful, and will give you a choice of options to choose from. You are not obligated to book with them (although I highly recommend it).

Note: On AOS, the balconies are made of steel and are built into the hull of the ship, so the dividers between two adjacent balconies cannot physically be opened. As well, there is a very small issue with deck six balconies - the opening is a little narrower than the balconies on the upper decks, so your view is a bit constricted. Try to avoid deck 6 if you can, but if that's all that's available, it's not a dealbreaker. (On other ships, I would say that deck 6 is awesome - close to the water and to the promenade. However, Adventure, Explorer and Voyager are the only three with this issue and on those ships, moving up a deck or more is preferable).

When you call, ask about the price difference between a Royal Family Suite and two balconies if both options are available. We booked the RFS for a lower price than two balconies during a special sale that they were having. Also, we booked it about eighteen months before the cruise.

There is no way that you can sleep 6 people in one Jr. Suite. As a matter of fact, the maximum is 5, I believe. With that number of people you will need two bathrooms. I suggest two cabins.

Talk about zero privacy!!!

Here are 2 possibilities.

Call RC and ask about

Balcony connecting with an inside

D1 9676 with connecting L inside 9681

D1 9374 with 9381 L.

D1 balcony with an ocean view F is

9520 D1 with 9518 F

9220 D1 with 9218 F

Good luck let us know what you get!

A previous poster is correct. A child under 2 actually can be booked into any room without counting as a passenger in that room. We know because we've done it.

So a room (any room) that normally holds two, can have three if the child is under 2. A room (any room) that normally holds four, can have five if the child is under 2.

The under-2 child counts on the manifest as a passenger of course, and must pay a 3/4 rate, but doesn't count for passenger count in the room.

Not many people are aware of the above rule. In fact, not many RCCL customer service agents are aware of it. You have to find an experienced agent who really knows the ropes.

Unfortunately, since the OP's little one is over 2, the above won't help.

Archived