S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - Sky Deck

Cabin # - 1401

Class – C1

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – no noise at all

Balcony View - No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - a little large due to this cabin being the last one on the port side.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Equinox

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # 1639

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No noise or other problems

Balcony View - Good view, no obstructions (support bar on far left portion of balcony does not obstruct view)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? Medium length to elevators; we noticed that

http://TomMarch.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p428347411-3.jpg

http://TomMarch.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p808137409-3.jpg

http://TomMarch.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p419566522-3.jpg

http://TomMarch.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p434889584-3.jpg

All my ship pictures are here: http://TomMarch.zenfolio.com/equinox

Edited by TomMMD

Deck - Continental

Cabin # 6236

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Not connecting cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Obstructed view downward due to lifeboats on deck below, you can not see straight down into the water. Great view forward, outward and aft. Sunny early in the day, shady in the afternoon.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - First aft balcony off hump. Angled large balcony. The depth on the longest angle was 18 of my size 6 shoes. Normal width. Private.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No Problems. would book it again. Very close to elevators to Silouette, Oceanview and pool.

Any other comments?

Very convenient location. Loved the glass shower doors. No clothes line in shower.

Solstice:

Deck - Penthouse (deck 11)

Cabin # - 1539

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – :mad:Beware! Aqua Cafe kitchen is above this cabin. There was light noise @ 11pm and then loud noise @4am. Did not notice the noise the first night but the rest of the week it was a problem. :)No noise from elevators. There was no sliding glass door as there is at the middle elevators.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good, no obstructions.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?

Cabin # - 9272

Class – 1B - Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Did not connect to another cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view. On the hump. No obstructions. No "X" on the balcony glass.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, but plenty of room unless you were planning to throw a large party. Two comfortable chairs and a table that accommodates a large tray for breakfast.

Was wind a problem? A little on the last day. Weather turned cool as we got closer to FL.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Only that they made us vacate it at the end of the cruise.

Any other comments? Great cabin just outside of the card room. Very close to elevators, but sliding glass doors prevent any noise being carried from those waiting.

Deck - Resort

Cabin # - 2148

Class – s2

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – not connecting---occasional noise from Oceanview tables above

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft Awesome view----covered others are not covered

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? never since it is Aft

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? never

Any specific problems with this cabin? long walk to elevators

Any other comments?nice cabin----would book again

Solstice 02/07/2010 sailing

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7225

Class – A2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet, connected to 7227

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view. Cabin located on hump so balcony was very private. Edge of "X" was on glass of balcony. No obstructions.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, I would book this cabin again.

Any other comments? Great location. Very close to elevators. Minor annoyance was smoking on deck 5 below.

On Equinox 5th Feb 2010

Deck 10 Sky deck

Cabin 1106

Class - Concierge

Starboard side - last cabin on the side of the "hump"

Soot- none

Balcony - slightly larger on one side because of being on the side of the hump. Chairs had footstools,

Wind - no worse than anywhere on the ship, same with movement.

View - very good, no obstructions

Noise - none

Cabin layout - bed next to balcony. If we have a choice on another cruise, then would prefer bed next to the wardrobe/bathroom end, as it seems to make more room in the sitting area, then the coffee table wouldn't be in the way when moving between bed and bathroom.

Found storage space adequate, though the wardrobe was full.

Bathroom - excellent use of space, liked the shower with glass/plastic doors, and the controversial wash basin and tap, I LIKED IT!!

Position on deck - close to elevators and the library, down to Main Dining Room and public lounges, shops and up to the Ocean View buffet resturant and pool and sun decks. We always walked down the four flights of stairs back to our cabin. Sometimes even walked up.

Cabin Stewards - were OK

Deck - Penthouse... Deck 11

Cabin # - 1623 on Equinox

Class – Aquaclass

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony .. worked OK for us. The coffee table was in the way at times though.

Quiet Cabin YES. Not connecting. Close to Elevators/Stairs. Easy access to pool deck ... only 1 deck up.

Balcony View - Great View ... Just enough Sun.

Balcony Size? - Normal ... 2 Adjustable chairs with separate foot stools ... table

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not really.

Any other comments? - Closet space was a little tight. We used the 2 wall hooks for outfits too. Could have used a few more wall hooks. Too bad Celebrity didn't utilize the wasted space under the sofa for 2 large pull out drawers. Storage drawers under the TV could have been a little deeper. Great shower... roomy with curved glass/plastic doors. Lots of storage for bathroom stuff. The showerhead set up took a little getting used too but once mastered we enjoyed the different options! ;)

Edited by 2Canucks

Deck -

We just got off the Solstice this morning and were in cabin 1229.

Cabin # - 1229 - deck #10

Class – concierge

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

nice quiet cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

this cabin is at the beginning of the bump out on the ship - the bump out prevents you from seeing the back of the ship but that's about it.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

we thought the balcony was a little larger than the one next to us because of the angle but we could be wrong

Was wind a problem?

it was windy on a few days but not so bad that we couldn't sit out there

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

cabin is located very near the library - not sure if that was why it was so quiet but we never even heard people walking down the hallways. It was a great location - very close to the elevators.

Originally posted February 20th, 2010 07:23 AM

Solstice 02/07/2010 sailing

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7225

Class – A2

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BATH (not balcony), cabin 7227 bed is near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet, connected to 7227

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view. Cabin located on hump so balcony was very private. Edge of "X" was on glass of balcony. No obstructions. Since location is on hump, no other balconies can see into balcony.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, I would book this cabin again.

Any other comments? Great location. Very close to aft elevators. Usually walked down stairs to dining rooms. Minor annoyance was smoking on deck 5 below. Port side had great view when entering San Juan harbor.

Edited by rawtravel

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1666

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft view. Beautiful

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No and I was concerned after reading some posts on this. NO problem on this cruise

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? A great cabin - large - nice views - loved the aft section. very quiet very private

Just off Equinox

Deck 10 Cabin 1233.

Celebrity suite port side

Just off the library and elevators and very quiet. The oversize balcony was wonderful.

No problems with wind.

I miss the clothes line in the tub. Not enough places to hang wet suits.

Deck - 11

Cabin # -1550

Class – Aquaclass

Starboard or Port Side - Starbord

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near bathroom

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – The entrance to the cabin is located next to the steward's locker/closet, resulting in the sound of a door occasionally slamming at all hours, often sounding like someone was actually in the cabin!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was very good - no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? Not a very good layout. Although it is 194 sq. ft. the cabin felt smaller - long and (close to the balcony) very narrow. "M" class superior. All electrical plugs inconveniently bunched together at the dressing table. Insufficient closet space, poor access to closets, and almost non existent bedside tables.

Any other comments? Next time we will try a "bed near balcony" cabin.

Deck -6

Cabin # - 6244

Class –2C

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Only see top of lifeboat

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? Could hear people in next cabin--they were LOUD talkers.

Any other comments? Great cabin Attendents --close to elevator and Computer Room.Wife smokes--walk 1 flight to smoking area

Edited by jan and jon
add comment

We are going to do a b2b in october on the Eclips. I know it is not out yet but we are going to have an aft balcony and the shoot question makes me wonder. I have never seen the back of the boat so just assumed there was an over hang for the balcony. We are on the 8th floor, is there not an over hang from the 9th floor or should I change and get a middle balcony in cc class?

Thank you:rolleyes:

We are going to do a b2b in october on the Eclips. I know it is not out yet but we are going to have an aft balcony and the shoot question makes me wonder. I have never seen the back of the boat so just assumed there was an over hang for the balcony. We are on the 8th floor, is there not an over hang from the 9th floor or should I change and get a middle balcony in cc class?

Thank you:rolleyes:

Solstice Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1501

Class – Aqua Class

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Bridge wing was one deck down and blocked the right hand side view from the balcony

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?

Shower upgraded for AQ was very nice ammenity. Heavy terry robes and slipppers supplied.

Closet was tight and not easy to use. Don't forget to use the overhead storage over the bed.

This is a great thread and I check it out regularly looking for our cabins on upcoming Solstice cruises. I notice that the spreadsheet has not been updated for some time, so I went snooping. It appears Mysticks has not posted anything since September. I am sure that keeping the spreadsheet took a lot of time - and maybe she finds herself short on time these days?

Doris

Anyway, thanks Mysticks for all the time you put into compiling this information.

FYI, an update to the spreadsheet (with the approval of CC hosts) is in the works. Please help in future posts by identifying the ship you sailed. With more S class ships coming on line, I am adding ship identifier when provided. Thx.

This was a port side cabin with bed next to bath. My sister's cabin next to us, 7271, had a bed next to the balcony. I preferred bed next to bath. Stewart opened closure between two cabins so we could have shared verandas. No soot, not much wind, good storage, nice design, especially bathroom with cupboard storage, good amount of hangers, hairdryer in desk next to balcony.outlets were there. Our room stewart, Nazerth, was excellent.

Heard loud noise while taking shower like a cart crashing. We think it was sound of toilet flushing above us. Did not hear this in cabin room, only in bathroom when taking a shower. Was not bothersome. The ship does rock a bit probably do to its height.

FYI, an update to the spreadsheet (with the approval of CC hosts) is in the works. Please help in future posts by identifying the ship you sailed. With more S class ships coming on line, I am adding ship identifier when provided. Thx.

Hi Sandi, you are really nice for doing this and hopefully everyone

will appreciate it:):D

Deck - 9 Panorama

Cabin # - 9278

Class – 1B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting Cabin to 9276, very quiet location, and very close to central elevators.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –In centre of aft bump out with unobstructed views fore & aft and staight down to ocean.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal depth but certainly bigger than standard Princess balcony.

Was wind a problem? Yes, but we thought this might have been due to having the balcony divider opened.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Cabin had a mouldy drain smell which, despite Guest Relations best endeavours could not be resolved. I hope they can sort it out soon.

Any other comments?

This was a port side cabin with bed next to bath. My sister's cabin next to us, 7271, had a bed next to the balcony. I preferred bed next to bath. Stewart opened closure between two cabins so we could have shared verandas. No soot, not much wind, good storage, nice design, especially bathroom with cupboard storage, good amount of hangers, hairdryer in desk next to balcony.outlets were there. Our room stewart, Nazerth, was excellent.

Heard loud noise while taking shower like a cart crashing. We think it was sound of toilet flushing above us. Did not hear this in cabin room, only in bathroom when taking a shower. Was not bothersome. The ship does rock a bit probably do to its height.

Please use "form" developed by Mysticks when posting cabin info. Not only is it easier for others to read in this sticky, but it is also easier paste into the spreadsheet. Thx.