S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 12 Resort - on Solstice

Cabin # - 2123

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Not a problem. Of course you feel the wind when you are sailing along at 21 knots.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems.

Any other comments? A family group, we had five sky suites, all in a row - 2117, 2119, 2121, 2123 & 2125. All were great. No problems. We had the balcony partitions opened and could travel back and forth between cabins on the balconies. I definitely would book any one of these cabins again.

Doris

Deck - 12 Resort - on Solstice

Cabin # - 2144

Class - C1 - Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than normal. This balcony is totally covered, which was great in my opinion. A sun lover might not agree.

Was wind a problem? Not a problem. Of course you feel the wind when you are sailing along at 21 knots.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems.

Any other comments? There were three of us in this cabin. I found it a little short on storage for 3 women, but I am used to cruising with only my DH in a sky suite. It is a long walk to the elevators as this cabin is in the very back of the ship.

Doris

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8253

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near (Balcony/Bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not an Aft cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Forward facing--view to the front along the side of the ship and from there, 150 degrees or so to the rear. You do not have a 180 degree view. 8251 is the first and 8257 the last of the four rooms on this slant of four rooms with oversized balconies at a bump out. I would have traded the larger balcony for a smaller balcony on the bumpout, which I think would have had a view down to the water without life boats and a 180 degree view instead of 150.

Deck 11

Cabin 1537

Aquaclass

Portside

Bed near balcony

Quiet

Balcony view exellent

Balcony normal size

No wind problem

Issues: Closet adequate for 7 day cruise but in difficult to use. Cabin feels very narrow but workable. Moved coffee table to along side of vanity which made more room to move about and gave me additional space when putting on make up and doing hair.

Equinox

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9223

Class –

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – If your neighbours our loud you will hear them. Connecting cabins

Balcony View - No obstructions.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any other comments? Great cabin

Bed is by balcony door.

Mid ship. Port side. Deck 7. Right between both elevators. Used back elevators much more than front elevators tho. Since pool, dining in back.

No noise whatsoever. Never heard people in next door cabins

It is an adjoining cabin but never heard people next door.

I truly believe the bed by the balcony is the best. More room to get dressed for dinner with the little desk there.

No ash. Balcony size normal. No obstructions but the lifeboats are hanging one floor below. No wind problems.

Can someone post link to the updated spreadsheet? Thanks!

I am in the process of updating the spreadsheet; hope to have it completed shortly and will post a link then. It hadn't been updated since Sept. 09 so there are quite a few cabins. This will be a separate spreadsheet from the one Mysticks originally created but the format will be the same.

You can subscribe to this thread so you will receive email notification of any new posts.

I am in the process of updating the spreadsheet; hope to have it completed shortly and will post a link then. It hadn't been updated since Sept. 09 so there are quite a few cabins. This will be a separate spreadsheet from the one Mysticks originally created but the format will be the same.

You can subscribe to this thread so you will receive email notification of any new posts.

Thanks again for this HUGE process which you have taken over!!:)

Hi Library Lady. Just wanted you to know that all of us searching cabin information on the Solstice are extremely grateful for the work you are doing on the spreadsheet. I sure hope that MySticks is okay. I would have loved to hear about her cruise. Again thank you for everything that you are doing and also thank you to My Sticks for everything too.

Cheers,

JoAnne

Thanks Sandi! I appreciate your hard work!

Here is the update to Mysticks spreadsheet. It includes threads posted from October 27, 2009 to the present. (I still have a few pages of posts from fall 2009 to add but wanted to get this out to those who were waiting).

Generally, I have followed the design created by Mysticks - why mess with success. Modifications include:

Addition of ship name when provided (please do so in future posts)

Deck listed by # rather than name, for space purposes

Negative comments that affect the desirability of the cabin have been noted in red, boldface. Comments on other ship issues etc. are generally not noted in red as they are not strictly cabin-related.

Whenever comments are long, there is a reference to "see comments" and these have been posted in the "Problems/Comments" column.

The spreadsheet is formatted for landscape, legal size (it was too difficult to try to fit all the valuable comments into a smaller format).

Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions. I will be updating the spreadsheet regularly. You may email me at cruisefansandi@gmail.com

I hope many of you find this useful; I know that Mysticks original spreadsheet has been very helpful to me as has CC in general. Cheers!:o

S-Class Cabins.pdf

Edited by librarylady19

Thanks for the hard work that the two of you put into this! Much appreciated. Scott

Hear hear.......I totally echo your post Scott!

Thank you Mystic and Sandi!:)

When I first started my booking with Celebrity, it appeared that they flip-flopped the cabin numbers with some periods of time having a certain cabin number on the Starboard side and some weeks having the same cabin number shown as being on the Port side. Maybe that's why there is a discrepancy. I know, it seems as though such a thing would be impossible but when I first checked- I looked at two different weeks and it showed the cabin number on opposite sides of the ship.

Here's my two cents!!

1640 Aqua Class - Solstice

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1640

Class – Aqua Class

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony....LOVED IT THAT WAY!!!

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet, no noise at all.

Balcony View - No obstructions, great view

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any other comments? Great location, under other staterooms so no noise from above. Loved the bathroom. Closet was a little tight but we always overpack.....Don't forget to use the overhead storage over the bed.