S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8269

Class – 1B

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connects to 8267. Quiet but occasional noise of flushing toilets or water.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – X completely covers balcony glass

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Good location on hump to elevators.

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8271

Class – 1B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Occasional noise of flushing toilets or water pipes.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – X covered 1 pane and 1/2 of left pane.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Bunk bed in ceiling and trundle bed in sofa. Also in 8263 (forgot to mention it previously). I stayed in 8263 and my traveling friends stayed in 8269 and 8271 and I'm posting this information for them. Vista Deck is a very good deck as is the hump location for the verandas. Friends didn't mind the "X" tint but I wouldn't want to have it if there's a choice. It is like a mirror and distracting to me.

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7249

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very noisy at night even at 2 or 3 in the morning due to a smoking station below us on deck 5. Loud talking and laughter meant we could never sleep with our balcony door open. :mad:

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – life boats below

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no- sheltered by bump out

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments?

It would be nice if Celebrity would move the smoking stations away from the cabin areas. I love to sleep to the sound of the ocean and felt cheated by having to keep my balcony door closed-- it might as well have been an inside room.

Deck - Continental (6)

Cabin # - 6231

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting. No noise from neighbor, but quite a bit of creaking sounds.

Balcony View - Unobstructed view. Cabin has tinted glass from "X" but was not an issue for us.

Balcony Size? Normal or over sized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any other comments? Cabin location was best on ship. Just fabulous. Cabin steward Victor was the best!

Mystics1, I hope you do not mind if I post a comment on this cabin for Equinox.

We found the creaking to be a major problem. Sleep was difficult with the smallest sea movement. Room stewart was not exceptional and had to be asked for a tote bag on the morning of first port day and a room service hang tag the day before our first early excursiion. Otherwise I totally agree with the Solstice poster.

I just found this site. It has a wealth of information from the cruisers themselves that is unbiased and is so helpful. I am booked on Equinox in 2010 : Continental, cat 1A, #6236/starboard. Anybody have any comments on this cabin? Is the bed close to the balcony or the bathroom? From the deck plan it looks like a hump cabin, 1st cabin angled to the aft. From reading here this should be the largest of the balconies in that line? Is that true? I just moved from #6240 because it supposedly is 30% obstructed. The tenders are below but it looks like there is nothing below 6236. Are the aft facing hump balconies shady? Are cabins #6209 and #6210 on Continental really mis-categorized as cat 07 obstructed in error? From the deck plan both of these cabins look like they in reality should be cat 1As with huge balconies. I'm looking for a nice cabin for a friend on my cruise. Love love love this site.

I just found this site. It has a wealth of information from the cruisers themselves that is unbiased and is so helpful. I am booked on Equinox in 2010 : Continental, cat 1A, #6236/starboard. Anybody have any comments on this cabin? Is the bed close to the balcony or the bathroom? From the deck plan it looks like a hump cabin, 1st cabin angled to the aft. From reading here this should be the largest of the balconies in that line? Is that true? I just moved from #6240 because it supposedly is 30% obstructed. The tenders are below but it looks like there is nothing below 6236. Are the aft facing hump balconies shady? Are cabins #6209 and #6210 on Continental really mis-categorized as cat 07 obstructed in error? From the deck plan both of these cabins look like they in reality should be cat 1As with huge balconies. I'm looking for a nice cabin for a friend on my cruise. Love love love this site.

Hi Beba-Beba

Looks like this is your first post. Welcome to CC. Most likely your questions will not be answered because this post specifically ask that we do not post questions here.

Thread: Solstice Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Why don't you post all your question on the thread "Everything Equinox. I have attached the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1026979

Gladys

Deck - Sky 1122 (deck 10)

Class – C2

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath - we preferred this so we had more room near couch (trundle bed) and balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet, near elevators

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. excellent location - bump out balcony - could see full length of ship. large enough for a few friends to stop by for a glass of wine.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - angled on bump out - larger than normal

Was wind a problem? no- sheltered by bump out

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments?

we loved the location, near the library, a short walk to elevators, near the front elevators to some food venues and entertainment locations.

Deck - Penthouse 1525 (deck 11)

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BALCONY (I was expecting it to be the other way around from what another poster stated. It was a disappointment at first but the benefit of having the dressing/seating area next to the bathroom turned out to be very convenient.)

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – QUIET

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - GREAT for viewing the bridge during docking & sailaways.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NORMAL

Was wind a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? Closet doors didn't slide open easily (which is probably common with these poorly designed closets!)

Any other comments? Great location close to the front elevators and the Relaxation Room entrance. I want to note the cabin steward parks his service cart across this cabin. It was never a problem for us as it made for easy access to anything we needed...like maybe more chocolates!) :D

Edited by Cy'all@C

Hi Beba-Beba

Looks like this is your first post. Welcome to CC. Most likely your questions will not be answered because this post specifically ask that we do not post questions here.

Thread: Solstice Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Why don't you post all your question on the thread "Everything Equinox. I have attached the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1026979

Gladys

Thank you for the link. That was my first post. I was beginning to wonder why no responses. This site is so much fun. Everyone is so into cruising. Looks like you will be on the Equinox soon. Have fun and post your impressions when you get back. I'm off to the right place to ask questions. I just love how everyone helps one another out. Bye

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8337

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Noisy neighbors but not ship's fault, they just talked/played tv very loud.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. past life boats but a flat deck was two levels below so no straight down view to water but deck was not in way. Nothing on deck, no equipment, no people.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Nope -- very good steward Cypriano

Any other comments? a little far from aft elevators but good exercise.

Deck - Sky 1063 (deck 10)

Class – CC

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BATH (I wasn't sure I would like it this way, but it was great being able to look out the slider while sitting at the dressing/seating getting ready for the day/dinner)

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – QUIET

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - Great, no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NORMAL

Was wind a problem? YES, only because it was very windy on our Med sailing.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Closet doors didn't slide open easily (I agree with you Trudy)

Any other comments? Great location close to the front elevators and very quiet.

Edited by highseasbabe

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6315

Class – SV

Starboard or Port Side - Aft, middle

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view of wake. Blue roof overhang of Tuscan Grill on deck below was not an issue and in my view an advantage (see other comments below).

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - 2nd widest of the aft cabins and from other cabins I saw on the side it was slightly wider than those. Standard depth.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? At times, but dependent upon wind direction as to where the smoke from the stack was blowing. Straight back - more soot. Out to the side a little - less or no soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No apart from soot mentioned above and the lack of cover over the balcony which was an issue if it rained.

Any other comments? I liked the lowest deck because it was more private. Noone looking up at you from the balcony below.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9350

Class – C2

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – good view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Short walk to stairs and elevators

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2105

Class – C-1

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Surprisingly quiet though we could hear the sliding glass door open and close on the Lido deck.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views in all directions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Largest of the hump cabins with a lot of room

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? On the Equinox the closet seems larger since they moved the safe, though it's still small. Great location near the elevator and pool. Only one flight up to the Oceanview Cafe.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2105

Class – C-1

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Surprisingly quiet though we could hear the sliding glass door open and close on the Lido deck.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views in all directions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Largest of the hump cabins with a lot of room

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? On the Equinox the closet seems larger since they moved the safe, though it's still small. Great location near the elevator and pool. Only one flight up to the Oceanview Cafe.

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1259

Class – C2, Concierge Class Cabin

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet room. Never heard anyone in the cabins next to us. Had to open the door in order to listen to any announcements by the captain. Noise to outside very quiet. Glass door closed tightly

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views in all directions. Looking towards forward (right) we could see the angled balcony cabins.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size. Would like more space, but we were fine. Had foot rests with the chairs.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Tight quarters, so I used used one of my suitcases under the bed for storage of items. Cabin near the aft elevators, which was nice; however, the elevators had problems - lots of waiting, so we used the stairs a lot to get to the Oceanview cafe (just 3 flights up). I want to sail again soon!

Edited by Monica Pileggi

*Deck - **Sky*

*Cabin # - 1269*

*Class – C2, Concierge Class Cabin*

*Starboard or Port Side - Port*

*Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony*

*Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – We had noisy neighbors that we could hear. But it was not a problem

*Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views in all directions. Looking towards forward (right) we could see the angled balcony cabins*.

*Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size. Had foot rests with the chairs.*

*Was wind a problem? No*

*If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A*

*Any specific problems with this cabin? No*

Equinox Cabin

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6290

Class – Verandah

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This cabin is near the back of the ship and there is a partial decking beyond the railing of the balcony. I guess this would be considered a partially obstructed view since we did not look straight down to ocean but we were not looking at lifeboats.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - At cabin 6288, there is an angle to the balcony and from our balcony back to the end, they were larger. We had quite a bit more room compared to our friends in Concierge Class. I would definitely book 6290 again.

Was wind a problem? No, in fact it was quite comfortable. Many that were on the port side for the transatlantic had warm balconies, but we were able to use it most of the time on the crossing.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None, some would prefer to have the bed by the window, so that would be cabin 6292.

Any other comments?

Deck - 6 (Equinox, but should apply to Solstice)

Cabin # - 6108

Class – 2B

Quiet Cabin Generally yes. Bow thruster noise prominent in this far-forward cabin. Did not hear anything from the theatre.

Balcony View - View was fine. This is the fourth cabin from the bow, and the first with a standard balcony. (6102,4, 6 were ahead of us and were set back in the hull a bit). Because of this, you can see the balconies ahead, and those folks can see you. On this deck, I would choose 6110 or higher within this category.

Was wind a problem? No. This cabin is near the bow and wave noise could be an issue. (But most of us CC fans might pay extra for it)!

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? See attached photo. It's from 6108 looking forward to 6102, 4, 6.

955428116_From6108.jpg.e02427866f26eea471b20a3944e3ceb1.jpg

Deck - 11 (Penthouse)

Cabin # 1519

Class – Aquaclass

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Fairly quiet. No hall noise but some from above.

Balcony View - – on starboard side, with a nice view of the bridge. Visibility forward and aft.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized.

Was wind a problem? Never.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? Loved the location. Very close to the Relaxation Lounge and forward elevators. Made access to Fitness Center, Solarium and pool very convenient.

Edited by librarylady19

Deck - 8

Cabin 8262

Class – A2

Starboard or Port Side - Portside

Quiet Cabin

Balcony View - – good..no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized.

Was wind a problem? Never.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? Loved the location. Near the elevators and overall

very nice.:)

Deck 10

Cabin # - 1124

Class – C1

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – connecting, but very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – On hump

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Huge balcony

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Wonderful location and balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

Deck 10

Cabin # - 1058 Equinox

Class – C1

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Continuous noise from toilets flushing.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - great view, the posts were not an issue even though this was a concern for us.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal balcony

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? See above

Any other comments? Great location for the fitness center, Aqua spa and Celebrity theater

donna - I met you at the connections gathering - diana

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1257

Class – Concierge

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not as quiet as other ships. Neighbors' exterior doors banged loudly (hard to shut without making noise). Could hear noise from cabin above. Constant noise from air system; can't turn off fan.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was okay for us but the suites that bulge out do block view directly to the front of ship. Wasn't a problem for us.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Seemed adequate and typical.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No.

Any other comments? Nice distance from elevator lobby - not too far to walk but did not have much "traffic" from other passengers. Cabin is right across from crew stairwell. This is good in an emergency as it was our evacuation route, and I always knew where our door was. Others may dislike seeing the stewards' cart parked outside much of the time. Our stewards (Enrico and Noly) were very attentive. Shower floor was not slanted enough to drain well without "brushing" water over the drain with our feet. Overall, a very comfortable cabin except for problems noted.