S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8185

Class – 1C

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near? – Bath

Quiet Cabin – Non -connecting, very quiet. Across the hall from a crew door leading to an elevator lobby and stairs, but not a sound from this, even when luggage was being moved up and down. No sound either from the port side forward gathering area on deck 5, even with our balcony door open at night.

Balcony View - No obstructions / great view

Balcony Size? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? This cabin is further aft than might be inferred from the deck plan - just 25 steps from the nearest elevator. Very convenient for getting to the Solarium, Sky lounge, and Equinox theatre.

Deck -11

Cabin # -1547

Class –Aqua

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –every once in awhile you could hear someone walking or chairs being moved

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – window washing equipment was in front of the balcony next to us, really wasn't a big deal

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? n/a

Any other comments? The oversized balcony is awesome and if you spend a lot of time lounging in your room, it's very enjoyable.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 1610

Deck #: 11

Class: AQ

Area: Starboard

Bed Near: Bathroom

Quiet?: Very, occasionally we heard the stray chair or music from above but nothing that was ever bothersome.

Balcony View: Excellent, you could see forward, down and out.

Balcony Size: Huge! The balcony was very deep as it was located on the hump.

Wind a problem?: No

In an aft cabin, was soot a problem?: n/a

Any other comments? We loved this cabin so much we booked it for our next cruise. It is a great location, mid ship, very close to the elevators, and the huge covered balcony is wonderful. It kept our balcony nice and cool. We were actually amazed how hot it was when we went up to the pool deck. We would get some sun though through out the day, however if you are looking for a balcony that gets lots of sun I would pick another cabin. This cabin is made even better when you know the people next to you in 1608 and can open up the divider to create a super balcony!

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 1520

Deck #: 11

Class: AQ

Area: starboard, forward

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: No. This cabin is under the gym and the thump, thump of the treadmills could be heard from very early morning on. There were other loud, shuddering noises from time to time also. The cabin steward's cart was parked right outside the door.[/i][/b]

Balcony view: No obstructions.. View forward (quite close to the bridge wing) and aft.

Balcony size: Normal. unshaded, but we didn't get a lot of sun on the E. Carib. itinerary on this side of the ship.

Wind a problem? No

Soot a problem?: N/A

Comments: I would not book in this forward location again. While it was convenient to pop up to the Aquaspa (cabin is directly across from the secret staircase) and is close to the forward elevators, it was noisy and we experienced a lot of motion on several days of the cruise.

Edited by librarylady19

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7210

Class – 2A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Between the two 'humps' so can't see either forward or aft. Not really a problem

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?

ship: Equinox

cabin: 8270

Deck 8

Class: 1C Veranda

area: starboard just behind aft elevators

Bed: near bath

Quiet: no noise at all

Balcony View: no obstructions

Wind: not a problem

Soot: not a problem

excellent cabin convenient to elevators.

ship: Silhouette

cabin: 1552

Deck 11

Class: Aqua

area: starboard, 2 doors from Forward elevators

Bed: near balcony

Balcony size - X large - angled

Balcony View: Window washing slider to our right, accross cabin 1554 - did not block the view stright ahead.

excellent cabin convenient to elevators.

Will book this cabin again.

ship:Solstice

cabin: 8327

Deck 8

Class: 1C Veranda

area: starboard

Balcony View: no obstructions

Last cabin past the lifeboats, so there is a partial view straight down to the water if that is important. A little far to the elevators.

Celebrity Silhouette

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1665

Class – S1

Quiet Cabin – Extremely quiet and private. You're on the corner of the ship, so you won't hear annoying people stomping or talking in the hallways. Totally quiet.

Balcony View - Totally awesome. Given the corner location you get an amazingly wide view of the ocean, ports etc. I happened to have a camera that takes panoramic images and the corner suite was perfect for it.

Balcony Size? - VERY large balcony that curves at the corner of the ship. You get an aft view, along with a port side view as well.

Was wind a problem? - Not really. Even on windy days, it seemed like other parts of the ship had it worse than we did.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - There was soot on our balcony, but not really as much as I expected. There was some on the floor, but really not that much. The cabin adjacent to me seemed to get it worse for some reason (wind direction maybe?).

Any specific problems with this cabin? - I can honestly say I experienced zero problems with the cabin whatsoever. It was as perfect as can be. The only caveat is (and this isn't really a problem per se) that the cabin is in the far back corner of the ship. That means it going to be a trek each time you need to go to the elevators or stairways at midship. I personally liked it because I needed to walk off all the food I ate, but for people who are handicapped or have trouble walking, the distance could be a problem.

Any other comments? - The room is noted to have an "awkward" layout. There is a somewhat annoying support beam right next to the bed, which I walked into in the middle of the night. But other than that the room is spacious, comfortable, and a great place to spend an extended vacation. The balcony is truly awesome. The bathroom is fairly large and the shower works great. The water pressure and temperature were both just right.

Ship: Equinox

Deck - 6

Cabin # 6296

Class – 2C Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Veranda, Partially Obstructed View

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet. Did not hear Silk Harvest below us.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - Partially obstructed view with the roof of Silk Harvest extended out from the veranda. You cannot look directly down but view outward is fine. See pix.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony approximately a foot extended.

Was wind a problem? Wind was only slightly a problem during windy days but was fine during normal days.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any other comments? It's a bit of a walk to the aft stairs/elevators. Starts getting a bit tedious if you frequently return to your cabin.

Edited by Milhouse

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, but where can I find an updated spreadsheet of the Solstice cabins?

Many thanks.

Click on this link and my best suggestion is to save it to one of your

favorite keys:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31371359&postcount=1451

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1531

Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? Close to elevators and stairs, quiet hallway, great balcony views to water, and forward and to the rear. Would book this cabin again.

We had 2 rooms. Both are below:

ship: Eclipse

cabin: 2107

Deck 12

Class: C2 Veranda

area: port, near aft elevators. Very convenient to pool area, elevators and stairs to cafe.

Quiet: no noise at all, in fact, I was amazed at how quiet it was given proximity to the main pool and the oceanview cafe. Others have commented that these deck 12 rooms have noise from the cafe, but this is absolutely not true midship. At this location on the ship, the only area of the cafe that overlaps is carpeted.

Balcony View: no obstructions, at least double size. On the back slope of the hum

ship: Eclipse

cabin: 2109

Deck 12

Class: C2 Veranda

area: port, near aft elevators. Very convenient to pool area, elevators and stairs to cafe. I would stay in this area of the ship again in a heartbeat

Bed: near bath

Quiet: no noise at all, in fact, I was amazed at how quiet it was given proximity to the main pool and the oceanview cafe. Others have commented that these deck 12 rooms have noise from the cafe, but this is absolutely not true midship. At this location on the ship, the only area of the cafe that overlaps is carpeted.

Balcony View: no obstructions, appeared to be triple sized. On the back slope of the hump. Last hump balcony

Solstice and Eclipse (12/11/11 and 12/3/11)

Cabin: 9382 on both

Class: C1

Aft... dead center

Bed near balcony

VERY quiet. We never heard a thing from anyone above, below or next to us

Balcony view: aft view, center.

Balcony size: all the largest aft balconies are in the center (suites not included). This was the largest of the C1's balcony.

Soot: there was some soot each day, near the railing especially. My BF went out on the balcony in his white shirt and came in w/ little black flecks. They seemed to clean it regularly so I wouldn't say it was a major problem.

FAR from elevators. During the day I loved the exercise. At 2AM it seemed like a very long walk.

We had 9382 a week apart on Eclipse and Solstice and everything was identical.

Deck - 12 -

Cabin # 1540- Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin With comments on problems. Note if connecting. Very quiet. While below spa, the area above is the shop where they sell spa products so it wasn't open extremely early in the morning or late at night. Also a reasonable distance from the elevator so no noise from there

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view of the bridge but not so much as to block other things

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? NO

Any other comments? Since we were Aqua Class, we enjoyed the easy walk to the spiral staircase to get to the Persian Gardens.

• 2 weeks later...

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9234

Class – Deluxe Ocean View Strm Veranda

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin – Yes

Balcony View - Good View. Looking down could see life boats. No Problem

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? Divider kept wind to a minimum.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems at all.

Any other comments? This was a beautiful cabin without flaws. There's a third bed in the ceiling. Close to midship and elevators. Didn't hear neighbors except the final night when I heard robust marital activity.

Edited by Wolfie469

Equinox

Deck 6

Cabin #6250 near midship/aft elevators

Class 2C

Starboard

Bed near bath

Very quiet, except when one of our neighbors would leave the cabin, setting the lock so the door would not completely close, and then just let the door bang.

Partially obstructed balcony with supports for the lifeboats. We could see between them, and we had no problems looking over the railing. The lifeboats are lit at night, so it's not a good place for star-gazing.

Balcony size normal

Wind was only a problem a few times. Mostly it was very peaceful and excellent for reading and relaxing.

Specific problems--Overhead storage--the first night, when we went to bed, the bins were closed. When we woke up the next morning, they were wide open. Don't put anything heavy or solid in there.

Other comments--Love the night light in the bathroom.

Kathy

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7161

Class – Eclipse (S Class)

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin.. Not connecting

Balcony View - No obstructions.. The balcony sat right above the life boats.

Balcony Size? Over-sized due to hump location. Cabin just to the front of ours had a huge balcony, FYI.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems..

Any other comments? As I said, the balcony was about 20% larger for the class due to being angled as a hump cabin. It faced aft so wind wasn't an issue. Easy access to the front elevators.

Bighairtexan -

We have 9382 on the Equinox for a B2B at the end of February. Is the veranda large enough for a lounge chair and/or big table? I know the veranda is a bit wider than all the other aft cabins but is the cabin also wider?

Look forward to your response.

Jack