S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1126

Class – Solstice - Concierge Class

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet, not a sound from the connecting cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Hump, approx. 15 sq.ft. larger than normal balcony,

Was wind a problem? No wind problems, back angle hump

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Great cabin, near library and elevators.

Comments? Would definately recommend this cabin!

Solstice

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1128

Class – C3

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting, but very quiet! Only heard noise when our cabin neighbors had middle of the night parties.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – We felt it was very good. Couldn't see the bridge, but had clear view of aft and down to ocean.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal size

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? non

Any other comments? Perfect location, near the mid ship elevators and stairs.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9378

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - AFT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Near Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting cabin, we had the connecting cabin (9380) as well. Quiet cabins, no noticeable noise.

Balcony View - Wonderful view. No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - The balcony in 9378 was about 1.5 - 2 feet wider than the balcony in 9380.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Really liked this cabin and like the ability to join it to 9378. The aft view is fantastic and I liked the sound of the waves rushing. At night we would leave the balcony door open and only heard the waves.

Solstice

Cabin: 9288

Deck: 9

Class: oceanview balcony

Starboard

Bed near balcony

Balcony size: normal

View: no obstructions; on hump

Wind Problem: no

Very Quiet cabin

Ten steps to elevators

I would definitely book this cabin again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2152

Class – Solstice - Concierge Class

Starboard or Port Side - Center Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Ours was a bit noisy until our neighbors were moved due to a problem with a broken pipe.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view. I always try to book aft. For the Caribbean though, it is not such a big deal. It should not be a deal breaker if you end up on the side. We had no sun because of the overhang. The others below us seemed very exposed and also very much in the sun.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Largest non suite balcony at aft.

Was wind a problem? No wind problems,

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? VERY noisy during the day and early evening as people move the furniture around in the bar above. If you do not like walking, don't take this one. ( I love the walk to the elevator)

Comments? This was our first Solstice cruise. We are Elite on Celebrity though. For my husband and me taking an Aqua Class cabin would have been better. We found the Select Dining too frantic. We ate at all of the specialty restaurants and would HIGHLY recommend Murano.

Again, please respect the intent of this thread and don't post questions here.

I really wish that you would respect the wishes of the OP. She has worked tiredlessly to produce summaries in pdf for the Solstice ships.

I am sure you have used it . Or maybe not since you ask your cabin questions here.

Hi, I want to just say something....no we don't own the boards and yes

questions are always welcomed. But this particular thread is for

"Cabin Information Compilation".....that is why there is a "PLEASE"

at the top....it is specifically asking to "PLEASE Not ask cabin questions".

Specific cabin questions? I would say your best best is to start

a separate thread for the cabin you are wanting information about.

Deck - Penthouse (11)

Cabin # - 1525

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port Forward, we had sunrise on the way down and sunsets on the way north. Bayonne, NJ RT - Southern Caribbean

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony. I loved relaxing in bed with the curtains open and watching the sunset or rise.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Some creaking after we slammed during a sea day home but only creaked if seas were rough. I could hear walking back and forth but I think it was coming from the next cabin. Otherwise, we didn't hear anything else.

Balcony View - – Beautiful and unobstructed view. Waved to Captain and Staff Captain who were in Port Side Bridge Wing. No over hang except the normal ceiling.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Nope. The balcony dividers and railing provide excellent wind barriers.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Wasn't an aft cabin but we had a soot problem while in port because of the direction of the wind, possibly from another ship in port. Asked Cabin Steward to clean off chairs and deck and he said, no problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems, I would book it again. Felt the motion on rough sea days.

Any other comments? Dream location forward and close to Relaxation Lounge and Forward Elevators; away from crew "kitchen" where we heard lots of banging and clattering as we walked by (near cabins 1535 and 37). Cart was often outside our door. Great location for sailaway from Bayonne and any port.

• Ship - Celebrity Solstice
  • Deck - Penthouse
  • Cabin# - 1601
  • Aqua Category
  • Port side
  • Bed near balcony
  • Very quiet cabin
  • Balcony - Oversized. Tremendously so. It is deep, and can easily handle a gathering (this would be even better were the bed by the bath). It is also very private - one would have to make an effort to see you on your balcony. However, it is dark - quite dark on an eastbound transatlantic. And the view is constrained by the deepness of the balcony - the extended overhang and side partitions - to being straight-on (imagine looking out from a tunnel). At the rail, the slant is slightly forward.
  • Other - Convenient location near the stairs and elevators. Very quiet and private, but dark with straight-ahead views.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6211

Class – Standard

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No noise

Balcony View - Open spot between some apparatus and life boats

Balcony Size? oversized, approximately 100 sf

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? very near elevators, internet cafe. Very stable cabin due to midship location.

Attached is the latest update to the spreadsheet for S Class ship cabins. Thanks to all the recent Silhouette sailers who have submitted their comments.

Please remember to include your ship name when reporting.

As always, please let me know of any discrepancies and email me if you'd like an Excel version.

Happy Sailing!

Fantastic. Thanks for managing this thread.

Deck - Sky (10)

Cabin # - 1172

Class – Concierge C3

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard Towards Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet Cabin -

Balcony View - unobstructed view. Normal overhang.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems, I would book it again.

Any other comments? Not too far from elevator - (Jan 2012 Sailing)

Edited by roygg

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 6181

Deck #: 6

Category: 2D

Area: port, almost midship

Bed near: balcony

Quiet?: very quiet, once we solved the problem with the wind buffering the balcony divider (slipped folded piece of cardboard between glass and clamp)

Balcony view: not the best --obstructed by large tender (as opposed to smaller lifeboats). This cabin on deck 6 would not be my first choice unless I received a substantial discount (or onboard credit); the same location one deck above would be preferable if the view is a concern. This was a last minute cruise for us, so there were very few available cabins remaining (and we got a very good deal).

Balcony size: Good, with room for 6 people to stand (we had two reclining deck chairs and one table; the steward was not able to provide more seating as it was apparently against safety regulations....)

Wind a problem?: not once we figured out how to properly secure the sliding door.

Soot a problem?: no

Problems/comments: apart from the fact that the view from the balcony is obstructed, this is a great cabin. The location is just about perfect for accessing the elevators/stairs closest to the MDR, pool and buffet decks. This is an adjoining cabin, with an extra set of doors beyond the room door (as opposed to inside), so there is no loss of wall space.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2140

Class – Concierge (Eclipse)

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet, and away from atrium noise. Some vibration though.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No issue.

Was wind a problem? No wind problem.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No soot problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? Not much shelf space for clothing, but this may be normal.

Any other comments? Stateroom attendant was not very good at watching the little things.

Great sailing on the Eclipse, first time on Solstice Class, but not the last.

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1511

Class – AQ

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – After reading other reviews on this cabin, we felt comfortable booking this location. However, we did experience noise problems. As with our cruise on the Equinox in an angled 1A, we experienced all day noises that I assume were coming from adjacent staterooms. Closing of drawers and closet doors, toilets flushing, and especially the slamming of stateroom and balcony doors! Those we could live with, but much more annoying than anything we have ever experienced on other cruiselines and ships. The Solstice class staterooms just do not seem to have much sound proofing. We could hear passengers out on an adjacent balcony while our door was closed. No noise was heard from above unless I mistook some of the banging as being next door.

The most annoying noise we experienced was a constant boom boom between the hours of 11:15 to 12:15 at night. It would end abruptly at 12:15. We heard this noise on 4 of our 7 nights and could not rest until it stopped. After the first night, I was sure it came from above and was possibly crew working out on treadmills. We could also hear a slight musical sound at the same time, so I assumed someone was playing music. After checking with the spa personnel the next day, I was assured that no one was working out that late.

It dawned on me the next time we heard it was that we were not in our stateroom until after midnight the night before. We were out a second and third night after midnight and did not experience the noise. All other nights we were in the stateroom by 11:15 or 11:30. The only thing we can figure out is that the Quasar night club plays loud music from 11:15 until 12:15 each night. Somehow, this noise is filtering up and over to the forward location on Deck 11. perhaps through a pipe, as we could hear the music playing while in our bathroom. The noise was the loudest in the bathroom and over near the balcony door. There was no nightlife going on up on top deck on these nights. it remains a mystery, but annoying enough that my DH was very angry on these nights we were trying to sleep. We will not book this location again.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views of ports, ocean and watching the bridge action, although we rarely saw anyone out there.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? See above.

Any other comments? Great location for getting to spa. A long way from other activities, but we don't mind walking. Quiet location if not for the above mentioned. Very little foot traffic.

Ship - Solstice

Deck – Sky 10th Floor

Cabin # - 1044

Class – Concierge Class C2

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes. There is a compartment on the outside that backs against the bathroom. I didn’t hear anything out of the ordinary, but it looks like a storage compartment of some sort.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Forward hump and from above you can see the platform for the window washing equipment. You could see it but even taking pictures you did not capture it unless you were trying to. We were looking out and down and it did not obscure the view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Oversized because it is the first cabin on the forward hump.

Was wind a problem? - No. This is a very shaded cabin both from the wind and sun. If you stood right at the rail it was windy, but I would imagine that of all balconies.

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? I would book this cabin again. Close to the forward stairs which makes it easy to get to the gym and theater. Size of balcony is incredible.

Edited by bjtomko

Deck - 6 Silhouette

Cabin # - 6304

Class – 3C

Quiet Cabin- Quiet

Balcony View - Very good

obstructions was an issue. – Could not see down. There was a blue deck extending out about 15 ft beyond balcony. It did not bother us.

Balcony Size? Deeper I counted 17 planks instead of 12

Was wind a problem? No, very sheltered and one of the few completely covered balconies.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? Long walk; it is the last cabin before the afts. We loved the walk however. If you don't like to walk don't get it. If you do book it.

Any other comments? During port days men may be walking on the blue deck. Especially during window washing.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1665

Class – Solstice

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet! It was like our own little private alcove back there.

Balcony View - Stunning! Loved being able to watch the wake, which is mesmerizing.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, but very nice size. Big enough for two lounge chairs and ottomans and a nice size table.

Was wind a problem? Never.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Only noticed a few tiny specks once, other than that I never saw it.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No - it was perfect.

Any other comments? We would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. It is spacious, has more than enough storage, and is in a great location.

You can see several photos of it on my review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1588324

Ship - Celebrity Solstice

Deck -11

Cabin# - 1612

Royal Suite

Starboard

Bed near balcony

Relatively quite

Balcony - Oversized and wonderful - great views of the ship forward and aft. No wind issues and we had some very windy days.

Other - close to the elevator but shielded with sliding doors to capture noise. Noise was from above moving deck chairs. It was only one night that it was an issue, after the deck party. Otherwise was a wonderful cabin.

Ship - Eclipse

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9237

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good, can see forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? No

Ship - Silhouette

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9239

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view aft. Limited forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? No

Ship - Eclipse

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1002

Class – CC

NOT a Quiet Cabin – Noisey! Right next to the door to the bridge and an access hallway which slammed all night. Right over bow thruster which will wake you in the am every time you dock. Work area on deck below with banging and slaming most nights. This was the noisest cabin I have ever had on Celebrity.

Balcony View - Good view aft. Forward view nearly 100% blocked by bridge wing.

Was wind a problem? No wing that blocked view provided great protection from wind!

Any specific problems with this cabin? You are literally on the same level as the bridge and can look in to watch (and they can see into your cabin).

Any other comments? Interesting to watch the Captain dock the ship but too many negatives to make it worthwhile. Would NOT book again.