We're Upgraded Early

Rudolph38

We had a VF guarantee booking on the Noordam on February 22, and we already have our cabin assignment. I am surprised it has been so early, and I wonder what that means. It's 7101, which is a VA. As far as I can tell there is no negative to this cabin. Toward the rear, Rotterdam Deck, cabins above and below. Is there some negative here that I am not seeing, or have we gotten very lucky?

Rudy

In my opinion, the upgrade fairy was really, really good to you! I love the location.. close to the elevators which I have never found to be noisy at all, just convenient.

Enjoy!

When receiving the upgrade, if you don't like it's location, can you call your TA or HAL and request a location change?

Wow, that is early and nice! We have a VF Guaranty for 3/8 on the Westerdam, and I keep looking. I'm hoping that this is the cruise we get a great upgrade. But, since I've been in a VF on the 5th deck, I'll be happy to stay with a VF.

Have a great cruise, Rudy!

IMO you've been very lucky! Great location! And to boot, you're close to a wifi antenna, so you'll get an excellent connection in your cabin if you have a laptop.

When receiving the upgrade, if you don't like it's location, can you call your TA or HAL and request a location change?
No. That's the downside of booking a guarantee. Now maybe if you are willing to pay for a further upgrade you may get somewhere! :)

We had a VF guarantee booking on the Noordam on February 22, and we already have our cabin assignment. I am surprised it has been so early, and I wonder what that means. It's 7101, which is a VA. As far as I can tell there is no negative to this cabin. Toward the rear, Rotterdam Deck, cabins above and below. Is there some negative here that I am not seeing, or have we gotten very lucky?

Rudy

Rudy, you should join the role call for the Noordam 2/22 cruise. We have a good group going for a meet and greet and cabin crawl.

Congratulations! But is it really early to get an upgrade? I know we have not received a cabin assignment for our upcoming cruise on the Westerday. It's three weeks after your cruise. I keep looking every day. The last time we took a cruise on a HAL ship we had our cabin assignment for our guarantee within a week of booking, which was five weeks before the cruise.

We had a cruise on the Eurodam in November 2007 with a VF guarantee and ended up with a great VA cabin 4 days before the cruise. My TA kept telling me the later the assignment on an guarantee the better it would be and it turned out she was right.

I hope you have the same kind of luck.

Have a great next cruise.

We are on the same cruise you are, and our cabin was assigned right before yours. We booked a Deluxe Suite guarantee, and ended up with an SA on Rotterdam, which is perfect for us. I am not sure what a VF is, but if it is a guarantee, from our experience when you are at an off time like this you will get a good cabin. I kept watching what was available in hopes of the price going down. Then all of a sudden 2 weeks ago the suites were showing as sold out. Someone on the board said that this was probably because they were assigning the cabins. Right after that our TA called and told us our cabin was assigned. Also, please do join our roll call. There is someone else from upstate NY too, somewhere north of Syracuse. To me, a Long Islander, anything north of route 17 is all the same.

Archived