What did you receive as guests with highest no. of RCI cruises?

Just curious, what did you receive, if anything , for your recognition as the guests with the highest number of RCI cruises on your sailing ?

We were completely gobsmacked when Armelle the LA told us we were the guests with the highest number of cruises with RCI on our 5th Jan sailing:cool:. We knew the ship wasn't full but were things that slow?:eek:

At that point we had 33 cruise credits and asked if we were attending the C&A party. We received the obligatory bottle of champagne which is nice but not exactly jaw dropping for being the guests with the highest number of cruises.

We did not expect to be upgraded from our lowly inside cabin to a suite but something other than the champagne would have been nice.

We obviously haven't spent enough with the company over the years:p;):D.

I am probably going to get green with envy now !!:)

Just curious, what did you receive, if anything , for your recognition as the guests with the highest number of RCI cruises on your sailing ?

We were completely gobsmacked when Armelle the LA told us we were the guests with the highest number of cruises with RCI on our 5th Jan sailing:cool:. We knew the ship wasn't full but were things that slow?:eek:

At that point we had 33 cruise credits and asked if we were attending the C&A party. We received the obligatory bottle of champagne which is nice but not exactly jaw dropping for being the guests with the highest number of cruises.

We did not expect to be upgraded from our lowly inside cabin to a suite but something other than the champagne would have been nice.

I have attended many a welcome back parties where they congratulate the couple with the most cruises, never the most cruise credits. That is a new one?

One couple had 167 cruises on RCCL. They received a bottle of Champagne.

I have never seen any other gift given.

I've received a bottle of champagne or a bottle of wine whenever I was the person with the highest number of cruises. I don't drink champagne, but the F&B Manager let me trade it for a bottle of wine that was of comparable cost. I appreciated the gesture.

What did you expect them to give you?

Cruise vacations are a pretty good deal, and we all certainly get our money's worth from Royal Caribbean. Those of us who are C&A members get a trinket every single time we sail. So what do YOU think would have been suitable?

I have attended many a welcome back parties where they congratulate the couple with the most cruises, never the most cruise credits. That is a new one?

One couple had 167 cruises on RCCL. They received a bottle of Champagne.

I have never seen any other gift given.

We were recognized by the Capt on the Enchantment. We were

very shocked when he announced our names. He sited our number

of "cruise credits" not number of cruises.

Actually, last year on Legend OTS, we were given a ship's model, a bottle of champagne and a stuffed teddy bear for having the most cruises. I was amazed, as another time we only received a bottle of champagne. However, the Loyalty Ambassador knew we had a new grandchild, and maybe that's why she gave us the stuffed teddy bear with the Legend OTS shirt.

Rita

Actually, last year on Legend OTS, we were given a ship's model, a bottle of champagne and a stuffed teddy bear for having the most cruises. I was amazed, as another time we only received a bottle of champagne. However, the Loyalty Ambassador knew we had a new grandchild, and maybe that's why she gave us the stuffed teddy bear with the Legend OTS shirt.

Rita

Are you sure that Bill was not whining again and the LA meant the Teddy Bear for him?:D

We've gotten a nice bottle of white wine on Monarch and a bottle of Korbel on Vision. For cruise credits, not actual cruises. My personal opinion is that, if the line is going to do something, they should do it right. When a gentleman with 154 cruises got Korbel (retails for $8 here) I thought that was pretty cheesy. Azamara gave Veuve to a couple with 33 credits. I'm just saying...

As for getting a suite upgrade, RCI fills the suites, either by selling them or, if they aren't sold by 21 days prior to the sailng, by upgrading DP passengers by the number of cruise credits (not actual cruises). I have no issue with them trying to sell the cabins before they give them away.:)

On Carnival, for lots of cruises, there are HUGE benefits!

25th cruise - 25% of the total value of your cruise in OBC

50th cruise - 50% of the total value of your cruise in OBC

75th cruise - 75% of the total value of your cruise in OBC

100th cruise - FREE CRUISE up to 8 days in length

Now I'm prepared to get flamed because I said something good about carnival. Then, again, in order to get these benefits, you do need to sail with carnival a lot!!:eek::D;) There you go RC cheerleaders!;)

I know I am old, but I seem to recall that back in the late 70's and early 80's RCI had a few more perks. I remember a couple of times when the top cruisers were given a free cruise. But then that also was the grand prize at bingo! The times they are a changing.

Now I'm prepared to get flamed because I said something good about carnival. Then, again, in order to get these benefits, you do need to sail with carnival a lot!!:eek::D;) There you go RC cheerleaders!;)

You're talking about something completely different. The OP was asking about the one person/couple who is/are the most travelled cruiser on a particular sailing, not about RCI's loyalty program in general.

RCI rewards its frequent cruisers on every cruise, starting at 2 cruises, and also gives a free cruise of 7 nights at 100 cruise credits. I'm not familiar with Carnival, but I don't think you get much until you've completed 10.

My husband and I got a ship model on Legend for having the 2nd most cruise credits. The concierge had asked us the night before about how many cruises we had taken and I told him the actual number of cruises. He had the cruise credits listed on his screen which is different because we've taken some longer cruises and sailed in suites. We felt really bad about accepting the ship because we're sure that someone with more actual cruises should have received it.

The people with the most cruise credits got their picture taken with the captain, a bottle of champagne, a ship model, and a bouquet of roses.

I'm impressed... we "used" to sail Carnival a lot ... and still get marketing from them at least once a month. We have not sailed with them for four years.... The benefits you quote, we think, are excellent!!! And better than we get with over 100 cruises with RCCL... and "when" we have the "most" cruises on a sailing we often get either "Korbel" or now the "new" sparkling wine from California... called "Chandon".... Upgrades:confused:... very very infrequent, like almost never. Thanks for the Carnival info... will check it out... in this economy... may have to reconsider some of the 25 future cruises we have booked.

I don't think anyone should expect anything. :):confused:

We have friends with 120+ cruises that do not expect anything extra.

Get real people. :eek:

Now now play nicely:).

I only asked the question because I was curious. I never in my wildest dreams thought we would ever be the guests onboard with the highest number of cruises as we are still novices compared to many of our American cousins.

We have Scottish friends who were the guests with the highest number of sailings when they were on Navigator with us last year. It may have been a coincidence but they got upgraded from a D1 to an Owner's suite , nice :).

Thankyou to those who answered with their own PERSONAL experience :).

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have never sailed Carnival before but can't imagine any company or business being able to offer this type of perk and still remain profitable??

We have had 'most' cruises on the Mariner a couple of times. Both were champagnes and on one I managed to make Cap'n Johnny mad by saying that I thought the Grandeur was the best ship in the fleet.:mad:

We seem to have the 'good' fortune of sailing at the same time as an elderly British couple who have been on over 110 RC cruises. This has happened at least four times (and maybe more - I don't always make the party.)

Archived