A new HAL Blog! (Yes, I'm a HAL employee!)

DutchByAssociation

Aloha Dutch,

The cabana club seating is a very nice design. Is this a fee for a day area? It is beautifully done. Is it smoke free or smoke friendly? both?

Okay, I get it, will not ask who the man behind the blog is again.

Congratuatulation to everyone at HAL.

Aloha Dutch,

The cabana club seating is a very nice design. Is this a fee for a day area? It is beautifully done. Is it smoke free or smoke friendly? both?

Okay, I get it, will not ask who the man behind the blog is again.

Congratuatulation to everyone at HAL.

There are daily/weekly rates for the area depending on the size of cabana you get (the corner ones are larger)

Smoke free to my knowledge

Have I mentioned yet that I'm completely IN LOVE with the Cabana Club on Nieuw Amsterdam?

:D

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/07/cabana-club-is-ready.html

Have I mentioned that I am completely IN LOVE with the Cabana Club on Nieuw Amsterdam as well..in fact I have rented the family Cabana for my cruise...I thought it was a classy way to perhaps entertain. Can I have guest up there as long as I keep it within the allowed people capacity...4 adults, and 2 children for the family cabana?

If not OH Well My daughter and I will have it all to ourselves..:)

Have I mentioned that I am completely IN LOVE with the Cabana Club on Nieuw Amsterdam as well..in fact I have rented the family Cabana for my cruise...I thought it was a classy way to perhaps entertain. Can I have guest up there as long as I keep it within the allowed people capacity...4 adults, and 2 children for the family cabana?

If not OH Well My daughter and I will have it all to ourselves..:)

I BELIEVE so, but I'm not 100% on hat. I would recommend you call Ship Services as they are the ones that rent them out for the whole week pre-cruise. I bet they can clarify for certain.

Hey Dutch, the female voice accompanying and introducing the video of the “Captain’s flotilla” during Nieuw A'dam's naming ceremony sounded an awful lot like Capt. van Zaane’s wife and former HAL social hostess Appolonia van Ravenstein. Did I get that correct? Thanks, dude!

Thanks for the reply, do you know when her first post dry dock cruise will be? SOme have said she is doing a private cruise before I get on her July 26th.

Kirk

She's scheduled to do a 14-day charter for German tour company Moltke Promotions (same company that initially had her for the World Cup charter in South Africa but then cancelled) starting a week from today, on 12 JUL 10.

Itinerary:

Bremerhaven, Germany - 12 JUL

At Sea

Rotterdam, Holland

Dover, England

At Sea

At Sea

La Coruna, Spain

At Sea

Lisbon, Portugal

At Sea

Cadiz, Spain

At Sea

At Sea

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Barcelona, Spain - 26 JUL

She picks up her 'regular' schedule, and you as pax, on 26 JUL out of Barca

Hey Dutch, the female voice accompanying and introducing the video of the “Captain’s flotilla” during Nieuw A'dam's naming ceremony sounded an awful lot like Capt. van Zaane’s wife and former HAL social hostess Appolonia van Ravenstein. Did I get that correct? Thanks, dude!

I saw Copper on Facebook and chatted with him and this was in fact Appolonia, Captain van Zaane's wife.

I saw Copper on Facebook and chatted with him and this was in fact Appolonia, Captain van Zaane's wife.

and she is a tremendous hostess with her husband. I can't think of a better person to have done this honestly. So glad they took advantage of the talent they already had.:):)

DBA...My daughter is diabetic, can you tell me if the fridge in the cabin will be cool enough for her insulin...does she have to advise anyone before we board? She does need 4 shots a day, and two of them 15 minutes, before meals, one in the morning, and one in the evening. Thanks.

DBA...My daughter is diabetic, can you tell me if the fridge in the cabin will be cool enough for her insulin...does she have to advise anyone before we board? She does need 4 shots a day, and two of them 15 minutes, before meals, one in the morning, and one in the evening. Thanks.

Hi there,

We always refer to them as "coolers" as we can never guarantee they can get down to the approx 34 degrees that is typical in a fridge. There may be some variance with insulin so I would definitely recommend you go by the suggestions of your doctor on this one, but I know some things like the insulin "pens" are a little more tolerant of heat changes than other methods.

And yes, please have it noted on your booking as it can inform housekeeping to place a sharps container in your bathroom. (If for any reason it's not there when you board, just ask your room steward.)

Thanks DBA...I read on another board after posting this that some keep their insulin in the infirmary is this an option..I think the "pens" can last for 24 hrs at room temp..my daughter of course would know better just want to have the answers ready for her when she asks..

I am interested in taking HAL Alaska cruisetour. This tour offeres a meal plan of 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners for $409/pp. Not everyone on the cruisetour will be taking the meal plan so how to they how which passengers have the meal plan - do they give you voucher to hand in?

I am cruising the Rotterdam on Aug 7 out of Seattle, and they say the time to board isn't until 1pm. Last time I cruised out of Vancouver we got to dock about 11 am and were onboard by noon. If everyone tries to board at 1 it must be chaos. Is there any earlier boarding or will no one be boarded until 1pm?

Thanks

Right now I am on The Rotterdam. I must admit I am the Catholic Priest who is serving as

Chaplain. I got on through the crew enterance so I was on before any PAX. I went up to the Lido about 11:50 AM and there were already some PAX up there. By 12:30 there were a lot of people up there.

I am cruising the Rotterdam on Aug 7 out of Seattle, and they say the time to board isn't until 1pm. Last time I cruised out of Vancouver we got to dock about 11 am and were onboard by noon. If everyone tries to board at 1 it must be chaos. Is there any earlier boarding or will no one be boarded until 1pm?

Thanks

I am not DBA, but we normally take sailing that tend to leave at 5 pm what time is yours? Normally, HAL allows check in beginning at 1130. Rooms will not be ready though until around 1 or 1:30 pm.

I am interested in taking HAL Alaska cruisetour. This tour offeres a meal plan of 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners for $409/pp. Not everyone on the cruisetour will be taking the meal plan so how to they how which passengers have the meal plan - do they give you voucher to hand in?

It's either vouchers or printed on a manifest...

Thanks

It will much more likely be 10:30-11:30. Rooms ready closer to 1-2pm

Archived