Time to say Thank You

Pastormike

Saturday my wife and I leave on our first cruise, 7 days in the southern Caribbean on Serenade of the seas.

I just wanted to thank those on the board, you have been very helpful. Thanks to your responses, and posts that I read throughout the boards, we have chosen our cabin, know better what to pack, understand the options for dining and made choices accordingly, we have scheduled tours you recommended and know what beaches we want to do, and so much more.

Only one person chose to be rude, I guess not understanding that some of this can be overwhelming for a first time cruiser. I am prepared and ready thanks in very large part to these boards and to those who have offered suggestions.

Now, to finally finish packing, print the airline ticket, and get ready to fly to San Juan!

I will come back in a week and whine that it is over!

Mike

you're welcome, not that i helped you, everyone here seems to love to help(with the exception of the occasional butt head;))

i have found cc to be the greatest source of info

have a superb first cruise, and dont let the small stuff ruin your time:D

dave

Oh, how exciting! You're going to LOVE it! And the Southern Caribbean is my all-time favorite destination. I've been there on Carnival Destiny and Royal Caribbean Adventure. I'm debating whether to take Serenade or Adventure in 2010. Let me know your opinion of the Radiance Class of ships!

You will be back in a week, giving advice based on your experience and looking for advice on booking your SECOND cruise!

you're welcome, not that i helped you, everyone here seems to love to help(with the exception of the occasional butt head;))

i have found cc to be the greatest source of info

have a superb first cruise, and dont let the small stuff ruin your time:D

dave

One thing I have learned in life, you miss the good things if the little things get in the way.....We know there will be food we won't like, so we just get something else, if a show isn't something we enjoy, no need to stay, go look at the stars! The cruise seems to have so much opportunities, that it should be easy to move to something else anytime you want to!

We took our first cruise well over twenty years ago. It amazes me how little we knew back then. We subscribed to Cruise Travel magazine and we had out of date Foders and Berlitz books and not much else.

Now there is almost nothing you can't learn from these boards. I honestly don't know how we managed to have a good time any way! ;)

Bon voyage - you never forget your first!

I am sure you will "pay it forward" - do the same for some future 1st timer in the future.

Have a great time on Serenade!! My wife and I did the same cruise on Serenade in 2007 and it remains the best cruise we have done to date!!

Have fun. Please let us know how you enjoyed it. We go on Serenade in 8 weeks and are so excited to be back on her for a second time.

Nothing like a 1st cruise - just enjoy, don't sweat the small stuff, and just take it all in. You will be hooked, like the rest of us.

Saturday my wife and I leave on our first cruise, 7 days in the southern Caribbean on Serenade of the seas.

I just wanted to thank those on the board, you have been very helpful. Thanks to your responses, and posts that I read throughout the boards, we have chosen our cabin, know better what to pack, understand the options for dining and made choices accordingly, we have scheduled tours you recommended and know what beaches we want to do, and so much more.

Only one person chose to be rude, I guess not understanding that some of this can be overwhelming for a first time cruiser. I am prepared and ready thanks in very large part to these boards and to those who have offered suggestions.

Now, to finally finish packing, print the airline ticket, and get ready to fly to San Juan!

Mike

Have fun on your first ever cruise, it is an experience that you will never forget!

If you are anything like my wife and I, then you will become a cruise addict.

One thing I have learned in life, you miss the good things if the little things get in the way.....We know there will be food we won't like, so we just get something else, if a show isn't something we enjoy, no need to stay, go look at the stars! The cruise seems to have so much opportunities, that it should be easy to move to something else anytime you want to!

You have a terrific attitude and you will have a wonderful cruise. I'm glad you found so much help on these boards. Most of us here really try to offer good information with an upbeat attitude. I know you will make wonderful memories and come home addicted to not only cruising, but these boards. Please post a review when you return! Bon voyage!!!:D

Karen

I LOVE the Serenade. After our cruise to Alaska/Hawaii last fall, it became my very favorite ship.

Do this: Go through the Schooner Bar to where the pool tables are and watch them self-adjusting when the waves are high. Fun just to sit and watch that.

Congratulations on your first cruise. Be warned! You'll become easily addicted and this first cruise won't be your last. The Serenade is a beautiful ship. Happy Cruising!

I have to tell you, she is absolutely right!! She got me hooked on cruising almost 2 years ago, and I've been loving it since then! :D

Mike

These boards are a wonderful resource and I'm glad you found them so helpful. Most of us are just happy to pass on what we've learned and experienced to others - share the wealth, if you will.

Enjoy your first cruise. No matter what little annoyances you might encounter, it's still a CRUISE:D:D:D and if you're like most of us, it's hard to wait 'til you cruise again.

Katink

Archived