HAL and Facebook

Colakid

Can someone email me the link? I suck at searching on Facebook!

Marlene I believe this is what the OP is talking about

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/pages/Holland-America-Line/42926793405?ref=s

And YES I am already a FAN

But there is also this one that you are part of Marlene ;)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holland-America-Line/42926793405?ref=s#/group.php?gid=9912028377&ref=ts

Marlene I believe this is what the OP is talking about

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/pages/Holland-America-Line/42926793405?ref=s

And YES I am already a FAN

But there is also this one that you are part of Marlene ;)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holland-America-Line/42926793405?ref=s#/group.php?gid=9912028377&ref=ts

Thanks Lisa!

Thanks, Lisa.

I guess you have to make a facebook page in order to view others. :(

I've never been interested in it before now. :)

Yes I am sure you may have to be a member of Facebook to access these pages Sail :o

I can tell you that I probably have at least 20 or more HAL board CCers as my friends on FB and even about 10 crew members :D

S7S, you can remain pretty anonymous on Facebook if you wish. There are security settings for who you permit to view your info. So you could sign up, and become a fan (or whatever) without disclosing much about yourself to the community. I'm slowly working my way through it, figuring it out as I go along.

I'm pretty paranoid about disclosing too much online, so have avoided FB. Another woman and I are considering some high-tech opportunities, so I **better** be on FB, and accustomed to using it.

It just KILLS me what people are prepared to tell the world! A person who "done me wrong" a few years ago is on there, and posted home addy#, phone #, and a bunch of other personal stuff. Good thing for that person that I decided a long time ago that the best revenge was living well :D

I'm pretty paranoid about disclosing too much online, so have avoided FB. Another woman and I are considering some high-tech opportunities, so I **better** be on FB, and accustomed to using it.

It just KILLS me what people are prepared to tell the world! A person who "done me wrong" a few years ago is on there, and posted home addy#, phone #, and a bunch of other personal stuff. Good thing for that person that I decided a long time ago that the best revenge was living well :D

You can tweak your privacy settings so that no one can see your picture, news feed, or anything about you unless you approve that person. And then you can block the so-and-so if they do you wrong! With pleasure!

I joined Facebook last week and have joined the HAL fan club. Yes, there is a growing number of us CC regulars there now.

To those contemplating signing up, you can pretty much limit what is available to be viewed by others and you don't have to enter your life history to be a member. What you wish to be disclosed is pretty much up to you.

I'm enjoying the opportunity there to get to know CC people better. You can converse with each other in ways that are not "open to the world" like our comments here are. It's really a lot of fun - though it is most certainly not a replacement for this great Cruise Critic site.

I'm enjoying the opportunity there to get to know CC people better. You can converse with each other in ways that are not "open to the world" like our comments here are. It's really a lot of fun - though it is most certainly not a replacement for this great Cruise Critic site.

Donna,

Admittedly I know nothing about Facebook but I thought everything you write there can be read by the world. Is that not the case?

Thanks.

Donna,

Admittedly I know nothing about Facebook but I thought everything you write there can be read by the world. Is that not the case?

Thanks.

Nope. You just use your "settings" to allow only friends to see your information. I also set mine for "friends of friends" to see my own friends - so people can find me, but not see my info till I add them to my own friends list.

Whew - lots of "friends" words there. :)

I'll email you with my phone number - and walk you through it if you like.

Not really, Sail, although I did see a program on TV recently warning people that a future employer can go on facebook and see what you've been up to; like complaining about too much work, etc. I warned my daughter in law about it. There are settings on your page which allow only the people you invite as your"friends" to view your writings. They ask to be your friend or you invite them to be your friend. However, if you join a group, that might be a whole other kettle of fish. I don't know how that works. I would guess that anyone in the group can see what you write, same as on CC. I believe you really have to be careful about how much personal info you put up on any of these sites.

Off topic. I'm trying to find a store that stocks the Acer netbook so I can try it out. Any luck?

THere appears to be 2 sites that are HAL related for passengers. One only has 134 memers and the other is much larger. Which one did you guys join?

I used the one that can be found at the HAL website. It can be a bit confusing just looking around - but I knew I'd find the right one there.

Donna, I don't see anything at the HAL website. Could you post the web address? Thanks.

Here ya go - just click on the Facebook link once you're there.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=community

If that doesn't work, try this more direct link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holland-America-Line/42926793405

Archived