HAL and Facebook

Colakid

Cruising-along, yes, it is possible. I did the exact same thing las week when I realized that none of my old friends would recognize me by my married name. Just go into your profile settings in the blue bar at the top, click on account settings and next to your name click on change.

Thanks! It was easy. :)

I'm going to show my stupidity here, but is it possible to change your listed name? I should have put my maiden name before my married name and didn't. :( Is it too late or can I change it? Help, I know nothing about it! :eek:

Just click on "settings" and then "account settings" and you can change your name setting.

Just thought I would look into this thread seeing I started it. I am amazed at the numbers already. The HAL on facebook has grown by over 70 people in two days. Facebook is not for everyone as is this message board is not for everyone. Colakid.

I've joined them both. Having sailed as a HAL passenger and having worked on the Eurodam as the Stage Manager I enjoy Facebook to stay in touch with friends I've sailed with as well as crew I've worked with!:D I also belong to a couple of Facebook HAL Crew pages.

Do I understand correctly that a person can only read a facebook page to which they are listed as a friend? You can't just go to any page you want and read it if the 'owenr of it' doesn't put you on their list? Thanks.

Do I understand correctly that a person can only read a facebook page to which they are listed as a friend? You can't just go to any page you want and read it if the 'owenr of it' doesn't put you on their list? Thanks.

That is correct, Sail - so long as you set it up that way. Your name will show up in anyone's search, but it will not be "clickable" unless you 1) accept them as a friend, or 2) fail to set the privacy correctly. I, personally, feel very safe there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sail, you can limit whatever personal info you put on your personal page and no one can see what you write unless they send you an invite to be your friend and you accept them. It looks pretty safe to me. You can always try it and then remove yourself if you don't like it. You also can limit whatever information you write to any friends, knowing that any other of your friends can see it too. I would never put anything too personal out there on those pages.

• 3 weeks later...
I joined Facebook last week and have joined the HAL fan club. Yes, there is a growing number of us CC regulars there now.

To those contemplating signing up, you can pretty much limit what is available to be viewed by others and you don't have to enter your life history to be a member. What you wish to be disclosed is pretty much up to you.

Hey Bill, It's Stacy and Ron. Sending good thoughts to you and Virginia. I shall look for you on Facebook, and send you a friend request.

We are on a TA in a few weeks. We had already booked it when we heard through the dancing grapevine it is a Big Band Dance Cruise, with Les DeMerle Orchestra aboard. Hope you two are doing well!

Donna,

Admittedly I know nothing about Facebook but I thought everything you write there can be read by the world. Is that not the case?

Thanks.

It is pretty easy once you get yourself set up. Like others have said you can adjust your privacy settings and only allow who you want to see your profile.

DW and I joined in about 2 weeks ago and are having a ball. I have connected with so many old friends and classmates. But that is just me. If you don't want to go that far you can limit it to just CCers or whoever you want.

Give it a try , I think you will have fun :)

Just what you need ....another addiction *LOL*

Oh and take it from me it is a HUGE Addiction :D

If I could only make money with all the things I do in Facebook.:rolleyes:

Oh Lisa , you and me both. :)

I was on the other night just gabbing with folks I hadn't heard from in 25 years ,just reminisceing. Finally someone types "OH my God it's 4am" *LOL*

Archived